• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2010 World Wide GTG in North East (Idea Thread) July 23rd-25th

KevMack

So you will have yourself up to speed please read this thread 1st.......... http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,113201.0.html

Northeast Nationals July 23rd-25th 2010

Now I have some ideas to make this a good time but I want to hear what you guys have for Ideas also!!! I would like to have a big type of joint GTG with NY and CT.  The only thing we can't change is the date. The date is July 23rd-25th 2010.

Now please use this thread to throw your ideas out there. I would like us to come up with a solid idea by March so we can botton up all the loose ends before July. So if we have 3 good ideas by Feb we will have a vote.

So throw your Ideas out there and remember this is our way to make the Northeast stand out.

GulfstreamV said:
(y) Kev.  Look forward to seeing your ideas up there!

With Frankie (#7), JSAL69 and James21 on the same page as me and all my active MA members by my side, we will have a awsome GTG.

I want everyones ideas on this. My goal is to make everyone happy on this GTG.

Troublemaker said:
Can't have a summertime GTG without some sort of waterpark!  >:D
I can agree with that, but the key is to have this centrally located so it is equally distanced from everyone, within reason of course.

-James.

Troublemaker said:
Can't have a summertime GTG without some sort of waterpark!  >:D
james21 said:
I can agree with that, but the key is to have this centrally located so it is equally distanced from everyone, within reason of course.

-James.

Ok...so you guys want waterslides. Well that brings me to the 1st of one of the ideas I have been working on.  (y)

About 2 months ago I was PMed by member "tymcneal" that told me he got an e-mail from Attitash in NH looking to see if we would like to do some kind of GTG there.

So he sent everything to me and I have been talking to the Manager there and he really wants to work with us to do something big. He told me to get him some numbers and he will work on all the pricing for us and he will take care of us.

They have a ton of stuff to do there and it would be a really nice weekend GTG. Here is a link so you guys can check it out for yourselfs........... http://www.attitash.com/summer.html

Please give me feed back on how you like this idea.

What about a multi site GTG. Spend one day in one area, the next day somewhere else etc... One day at a theme park( Great Adventure Wild Safari). How cool would that be with a bunch of AV's riding through a "safari".

Maybe one day have a show at a Race track either Epping or Lebanon Valley in NY. (or stay in NJ Englishtown or Atco)

We could have a mod day at the MG.

Just some suggestions.

But either way I'm here to help, and I'll try not to dissappear again :E:

trannyman said:
What about a multi site GTG. Spend one day in one area, the next day somewhere else etc... One day at a theme park( Great Adventure Wild Safari). How cool would that be with a bunch of AV's riding through a "safari".

Maybe one day have a show at a Race track either Epping or Lebanon Valley in NY. (or stay in NJ Englishtown or Atco)

We could have a mod day at the MG.

Just some suggestions.

I think it would be cool to to go through the Safari with all the AV's...  of course the only ones who will see us all are the animals...  But we could follow that up with the waterpark or the theme park.  I was planning one of these GTG's for this summer but I think I will wait until next summer to do this.

trannyman said:

I hope you don't dissappear, we need you to wake up all the CT guys and get them to this.

Old No.7 Avalanche said:
just throwing another idea in there. (Paintball) >:D#7

There are alot of places to play paintball in NH.

Troublemaker said:
With only 2 slides, it doesn't look like much as a waterpark, but I guess it's good that they have other things to do there as well, like horseback riding - my kids would love that!

That is only at the Hotel. but there alots of waterslide parks in NH. But keep in mind that this is a 2/3 day GTG. Awhole day at a water park maybe a waste.

Attitash is cool  (y)  Also, the NH bunch (tymcneal) is famous for the "Avalanches in the Whites" GTG.  Could we combine the two - Attitash and the Whites together?

My only concern with that idea is that it is a bit of a haul for CT/NY Aver's.

However, the opportunity to drive up Mt. Washington, etc would be awesome.

SpottyJ said:
Attitash is cool  (y)  Also, the NH bunch (tymcneal) is famous for the "Avalanches in the Whites" GTG.  Could we combine the two - Attitash and the Whites together?

However, the opportunity to drive up Mt. Washington, etc would be awesome.
Driving up Mt Washington would be a cool thing to do, I woudn't mind doing it again (y). But the cruise through the Whites usually was reserved for the fall to look at the wonderful foliage in NH. Not saying that we couldn't do it.

-James.

SpottyJ said:

I agree with SpottyJ.

I think something in MA or CT would be more central and attract more members from NY, NJ, PA, NH, and VT.

But it sounds like this is for all regions and those from outside of New England would probably attend their regions GTG if they were to attend.

RON

GRUMPE said:
I agree with SpottyJ.

I think something in MA or CT would be more central and attract more members from NY, NJ, PA, NH, and VT.

But it sounds like this is for all regions and those from outside of New England would probably attend their regions GTG if they were to attend.

RON

If this goes as planned there will be lots of GTG's at the same time so people that don't want to make the trip to mine can pick a closer/further away one to go to. I'm open to all Ideas. I really like the NH one right now because it is pretty cool there in the summer time. Also there is alot to do in that state. Plus it is away from major city traffic and parking mess. But like I said I want all the ideas and we will have votes. My goal is to make everyone happy with this GTG.

Ok so I was thinking and if everyone could write 3 things they would like to do at this GTG (Even if someone else writes it) I will try to work with that. Because depending on what everyone wants to do it is going to dictate where we can have the GTG.

Please put them like this example....
1. Paintball
2. Waterslides
3. Horseback riding

Then I will take all your answers and find a location that will fit our needs for the cheepest price I can get and the best quality. I do have a good deal going with Attitash right now but I have enough time to work on anyone right now. Who knows maybe you want Attitash!!! Let me know. This GTG is only going to be as good as we make it, so I need your help.

And like I keep saying, I want to make everyone happy with this GTG. I don't want anyone to have a reason not to want to come.

KevMack

1. Modding
2. Relaxing
3. Eating

:kidding:, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, you have lots of good active members and it should be BIG!

GRUMPE said:
I agree with SpottyJ.

RON

I agree as well......CT works for me >:D

I did email Lebanon Valley racetrack to see what they can offer us. It's close to CT, NY and MA...and not that far from NH and VT either.

If all else fails we can spend the whole weekend starting friday night at the Monster Garage. It wouldn't be the first time we have spent all weekend there. There are plenty of hotels around as well.

trannyman said:
I agree as well......CT works for me >:D

I did email Lebanon Valley racetrack to see what they can offer us. It's close to CT, NY and MA...and not that far from NH and VT either.

If all else fails we can spend the whole weekend starting friday night at the Monster Garage. It wouldn't be the first time we have spent all weekend there. There are plenty of hotels around as well.

How about a fast internet, do you have that in the Monster Garage?

While I was on the ferry coming back from the L.I. GTG yesterday I thought of an idea. I remebered when I was a kid I went to Block Island one time. I had a really good time then. I was wondering if that might appeal to anyone.

KevMack said:
While I was on the ferry coming back from the L.I. GTG yesterday I thought of an idea. I remebered when I was a kid I went to Block Island one time. I had a really good time then. I was wondering if that might appeal to anyone.

Cool idea, very beautiful place.  However, not sure what to do once there (I know it's scenic and all, the cruise/drive would be quick!)  Not opposed and appreciate the ideas.  Anyone who has been to Block Island lately have ideas for what we could do while on island?  - beach, cruise, bike rides.

Here is the Chamber of Commerce Website:

http://www.blockislandchamber.com/index.html

Back