• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Modifying Fender Flares

Yep.  Somewhere there is a GREAT pic of a cladded AV that modified Bushwacker Cutout Flares to fit. Then Lined the whole thing.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) 

SOmeone may come along and remember who it was and find the photo

Here's a couple in this thread

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,72239.0.html
about 6-7 posts down is the one I was refering to. Dark Gray Cladded AV

index.php

Tango Chaser said:
Here's a couple in this thread

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,72239.0.html
about 6-7 posts down is the one I was refering to. Dark Gray Cladded AV

index.php

Has that cladding been sprayed with bed-liner????

I really like the look of the fender flares, it gives the truck an even more aggressive look.  But I hate how this perticular style doesn't extend down to the bottom of the sidepanels.  So it looks like they are incorrectly sized.  Further I find that because it doesn't match the natural flareing in the metal of the truck, it also looks off. 

I'm currently trying to figure out which style of flares I can use to cut the fenders open and gain more tire breathing room.  I have narrowed it to Jeep cherokee fender flares, and I'm gong to get 2 sets and splice them together to lengthen the total flare to be long enough to reach to the bottom of the sides.  Then depending upon how it looks against the stock metal flares I may need to smooth and feather those out.  I'll post pictures when I get the ball rolling on this.  It should be interesting at least to take the sawsall to my truck.  >:D

Sweet, please send me a link to your new thread or add the pics here.  I am very interested.  I agree that those flares look off on that truck. 

Yeah I'll start a new post when I get to this project.  I'm working on my "Aries Inspired" snorkel mod right now.  Should be done that soon, then I'll start figuring out what I need to do with the fender flares.  Winter unfortunatly snuk up on us and we have snow so it's takin a bit longer for the fiberglassing... darn winter!  :needhug:

Back