• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2002 avalanche 3rd brake light not working

mustanglover73

Hey guys, i have a 02 avalanche z71 and the third brake light doesnt work. The part number is GM#15000045. It appears to be a sealed unit. WHere can i get a new one at and not pay an arm and a leg?

I do not think they make the original NEON like brake light..

they subsititued the LED version the later models uses...

try junk yard if you really want 2002 type

Is the LED model a direct fit? Is there a GM part number or link to the LED 3rd brake light? Thanks for the help guys 

I got my replacement from GM Parts Direct. I just looked it up there, it is $135.77+ 28.51 = $164.28 P/N 15120540

Here is a link to several junk yard that have used ones.

Do a Google search for "2002 Avalanche high mount brake light".

Yes all those in 2003+ fit in 2002 and same plug

wd4o said:
Okay, so here's the million dollar question,  would a light for a '07-'09 fit an '02?

wd4o

Yes.

how do you change the 3rd brake light .there is no screws on the lense.do have to take some of the cladding off.thanks EVS TOY.

Take the top portion of the top cladding off, the third brake lite is removed/replaced as a unit... Plug n play  :cool:  02 thru 09 will interchange , OEM or aftermarket.....no problem

Update... 02 thru 13 will interchange. I bought mine from outcome in 08, installed with no problem

For the center cladding you need to remove all the bottom screws.. The top is held in place with double sided 3M tape.

The brake light is screwed/clipped into the cladding. Note that there are many after market third brake lights... You can see I have an aftermarket 3rd brake light and matching LED tail lights.

Rodney

Can suck when you try to remove those bolts and the NUT-SERT pressed into shettmetalstops grabbing and just spins with bolt.....

Ask me how I know....

Back