• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

3rd annual Thanksgiving Point Christmas Light GTG & Pie! Tues, Dec 15th ,2009

UtahAV

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2004
SM 2003
3rd Annual Thanksgiving Point
Christmas Light GTG
Tuesday, Dec. 15th, 2009 7:00PM
Christmas Lights then Pie at Village Inn
Admission at Thanksgiving Point:$8.00 per AV

347504126.jpg

Come cruise with us to see Utah's premier Christmas Light display! Thanksgiving Point puts up over 1,000,000 lights for their mile long display making it one of the largest Christmas light displays in the country! See the lights from the comfort of your AV as you drive through the winter wonderland!​

347504135.jpg

Meet at:
Smith's Grocery Store
7000 S. Redwood Rd.
Leave at 7:00 PM arrive at Thanksgiving Point at about 7:30 PM

After our cruise through the lights we will cruise back north for Pie at Village Inn​

Village Inn
150 W. 10600 S.
At South Town next to T.G.I. Fridays

Come and join us for some Christmas fun!
Attending:
UtahAV (2)​
badtuffstuff​
abbotlex - maybe​
funk drum​
Shane's 02 Avalanche - Probably​
Aussie Red​
Trafficman​
Muggles​

Count us IN!
This GTG is GREAT! we had a blast last year. My daughter was hanging out the AV to get pictures.
Thanksgivingpoint1.JPG

100_0484.JPG

Nevermind the great time at Village Inn with a great group of people.

I might come!  I'm new and this is my first post (been lurking and waiting until I had pics  :p ).

I'm clear up in Cache Valley, but this sounds fun and my kids would love it.

abbotlex said:
I might come!  I'm new and this is my first post (been lurking and waiting until I had pics  :p ).

I'm clear up in Cache Valley, but this sounds fun and my kids would love it.

Welcome to the club abbotlex!  :welcome:

My name is Mark and I am the Utah Chapter Coordinator. We have a great group of AV folks here in Utah and I hope you will join us at any of our events. If you would like to receive email updates about our cruises and GTG's just shoot me an email and I will add you to the list. You can find my email by clicking on my user name on the left side of this post.

We would all enjoy meeting you and your family. I hope you can make it down for this GTG. We always have a great time!

Again, Welcome!  (y)

-UtahAV
-Mark

Believe I'll be there!  Is there a place we could stop before you go in?  I'm thinking about working out something so I can put a fake tree with lights on my flag pole mount.  Be kinda cool to roll through there with a tree on the back.

I am going to try to make the drive this year. I just spent 9 days in Cali and drove well over 2200 miles. I ended up breaking my Pitman arm, Tierod and Idlerarm. My Avy did not like the roads in Cali at all.
I have wanted to make this GTG for the past 2 years, so hopefully I can this year. So put me as a definite maybe.

Funk drum - Yes, we can find a place to stop prior to entering Thanksgiving Point.

Updated and added - funk drum, Shane's 02 Avalanche, Aussie Red, and Trafficman.

And the next AV to sign up is...

-UtahAV
-Mark

Me!  I am planning on being there for this one again.  Hope it's not as Freezing as it was last year!  Not a big fan of the Freezing temps.  Especially after a storm with ice on the roads.  Still a little shell shocked every time there is black ice on the roads from crashing  :damon: my Colorado last year!  But, either way I will be there!  Got to keep confronting my fear to get past it! 

Tomorrow is GTG day!!!

Remember to bring your radios as this is a cruise. Start thinking about what kind of pie you are going to have at Village Inn!!

See ya all there!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it again. With having to have my Pitman and idler arms replaced on my steering rack and Christmas. plus I just spent 9 days in Cali for Thanksgiving. Which is a trip I had fun at but my Avalanche took one hell of a beating. I did not know it was possible to bend the pitman arm. Evedentually in California, paved just mean pour asphalt over the dirt and leave it. I hit so hard when I damaged my steering that I slammed the front of my Avy all the way down. my shocks bottomed out and I was on the bump stops. The whole 900 miles home felt like my front passenger tire was lose. :needhug:
I think I will stick to offroading in Idaho, then driving on paved roads in Cali.

I am real disappointed to be missing this one. I am trying real hard to save for the Laughlin trip.

You guys drive safe and have fun. Send me some pics, I wish I could be there.

Shane

UtahAV said:
Tomorrow is GTG day!!!

Remember to bring your radios as this is a cruise. Start thinking about what kind of pie you are going to have at Village Inn!!
See ya all there!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Ummm ya Tommy!!!!! :laugh:

All of them one PIEce at a time!!!! :cool:

Can't make it.   :E:   The kids have too much homework and the time of the drive won't let them get it done.

I'm real bummed out too.  My speedometer went out today.  Stuck at 150 (if there was a number that high).  Probably a bad stepper motor from what I've read.

Have a great time and an extra slice of pie for me.  I'll try next time.

abbotlex said:
Can't make it.   :E:   The kids have too much homework and the time of the drive won't let them get it done.

I'm real bummed out too.  My speedometer went out today.  Stuck at 150 (if there was a number that high).  Probably a bad stepper motor from what I've read.

Have a great time and an extra slice of pie for me.  I'll try next time.

Sorry you can't make it.  :cry:

Hope to see you at the next one!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Thanks Aussie for letting me slip in on the freeway.  Sorry I was late and also couldn't stay.  We all had a great time though. 

How was the pie? 

Am I the only one who wanned to drop it into 4wd and go blazing off through the snow and around the lights?  And how did we get stuck behind that 2 hp carraige?

NP Tommy. Glad you were able to catch us and join us. Once again friends I had a wonderful time with you all. Can't wait to group up again.
Each one of you I wish the Merriest of Christmas' and again thanks for just being an awesome bunch of folks and for another great time.

Back