Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you purchase as your next vehicle if the Avalanche did not exist?  (Read 113269 times)

oih82w8

• CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member
  • Longtime Chevy owner...First time Avalanche owner

A Silverado/Sierra Crew Cab...like the one I was looking for when I spotted my Avy in the back of the car lot.
oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

2008 LT 5.3L; K&N air filter, Magnaflow muffler, so far...

Bassman Z71

• Wish Avalanche was here for 2014. RIP

Just saw the pix on the new 2016 Sierra Denali...wow. Magnetic suspension.  Looking good as a replacement   :bling:
2017 F150 Lariat, Blue, Max Tow, 3.5 EB, 10 Speed, 6.5" Box
2011 Black Z71, LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.42, Chrome Exhaust Tip & Handles, Integrated Brake Controller, Helper Springs, Oil Pan Heater, Bilstein Shocks 1.75" lift, Corsa CAI, AFM disabler, Blue Ox WDH: Sold in 2017 (Now F150)
2008 Metalic Blue, LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.08: Sold
2005 Black, Z66 LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.73, Chrome everything: Sold
2000 F150 Black, Sport : Sold

TonyAngel

Before I ran into the deal on my Avy, I was considering another pickup. Either a Silverado or Colorado.

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Just saw the pix on the new 2016 Sierra Denali...wow. Magnetic suspension.  Looking good as a replacement   :bling:

You talking about the 2016 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate that is some Bling

http://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2015/nov/laas/gmc/1117-sierra-denali.html

2003 2500

Bassman Z71

• Wish Avalanche was here for 2014. RIP

:A:   Beautiful machine. Unfortunately it comes with a matching price tag. I guess you get what you pay for... 
The nice thing about the GMC is the new ride technology, but also optional 6.2L with like 460 ft/ lbs torque.
Maybe if I save my pennies I can get one....  Might have to wait until 2017. Still have to pay for the house. 
2017 F150 Lariat, Blue, Max Tow, 3.5 EB, 10 Speed, 6.5" Box
2011 Black Z71, LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.42, Chrome Exhaust Tip & Handles, Integrated Brake Controller, Helper Springs, Oil Pan Heater, Bilstein Shocks 1.75" lift, Corsa CAI, AFM disabler, Blue Ox WDH: Sold in 2017 (Now F150)
2008 Metalic Blue, LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.08: Sold
2005 Black, Z66 LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.73, Chrome everything: Sold
2000 F150 Black, Sport : Sold

Randy

• Charter Member
  • I charge more than a buck$

I like those.. That's probably what I would get if I had to replace my Avalanche..
02 2500 Summit White-Loaded, Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation System with back-up cam, front cam and Blue Tooth. Nelson Tune, UPD/K&N Intake, Dual Magnaflow SS Mufflers and 3" Tailpipes, Powermaster 225 Amp Alternator, Dual Optima Batteries, Full Traction 6" Lift with 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's and SSBrakes, Calipers and Rotors, E-Z Down Tail Gate.

More to follow...

22' Velocity Boat powered by 502 BB and Stage III Procharger 750+HP

MS03 2500

That's about the only replacement option for a 2500, but it would not be a daily driver like my 2500
2003 2500

04BOWTIE

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member

Silverado crew cab.
David
2006 Yamaha Morphous
2011 Can Am Spyder RTS
2003 Mercedes Benz C240 Wagon
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

Thomcat

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

What would I purchase?.......I DID purchase!

Dream on waiting for a new generation Avy, it's not going to happen. After owning three 2nd generation Avys it was time to move on to newer technology. Besides there was a fortuitive alignment of the Stars where I obtained a maximum trade in for the popular low mileage '13 Avy ($36.5K trade for a vehicle that I paid $39K over 3 years ago) and a minimum cost buy for a heavily discounted '16 Silverado Z71 double cab for an even $3K rollout including tax and tags........that's about $900 a year to own, cheaper than I could have leased a vehicle!

Always annoyed me that I could only carry one passenger to help loading in order to maximize carrying capacity in the Avy's bed i.e. essentially a two seater with the one piece midgate lowered. Now I'm driving a vehicle 3 years newer with a lifetime drivetrain warranty and two years free service that can carry up to six and no more playing around storing or transporting the covers. And moved on from the tired interior to a modern interior with multiple color LCD displays including an 8" Nav display, built-in AC power and a network hot spot and voice interface with phone texting. Outside HID/LED headlamps and lighting is also a welcome change and give the vehicle a mean look. The Z71 package combined with the sports bar option gives a pleasing and much more rugged profile than the classic Avy sail profile and allows throwing a lot more light forward in off road use. The upgraded leather seating helps, but the ride is definitely not as smooth as the Avy because of the heavier rear leaf suspension, independent bed and knobby tires, but not uncomfortable either. A heavier road, positive feel especially in a rainstorm.

Pictures posted......should look even meaner once the black bowties are installed.

Current Chevys - '16 SilveradoZ71;'13 Malibu LT; '15 Traverse LT2; '15 Camaro LS
Previous Avys - '07 Silver Birch LT, '12 Black LT;'13 Fairway Green LT Z71
Previous  Chevys: '11 Tahoe LT; '11 Malibu LS; '06 Colorado WT; '80 Citation (a FWD POS -turned me off Chevys for 15 years); '75 Impala; 72 Chevelle; '69 Camaro R/T; '65 Impala SS; '62 Nova; '59 Impala; '53 model 210
Other: '80 Cordoba, '84 Crown Vic, '88 Crown Vic, '90 Fleetwood, '96 Taurus, '99 Cirrus, '00 Explorer, '02 300M, '04 300M, '06 T&C miniv

MS03 2500

Looks good, way better than the 07s silvys that had the chrome grille.
2003 2500

Thomcat

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

Looks good, way better than the 07s silvys that had the chrome grille.

Will look even better when I install the OEM black textured bowties offered in a black model package on '16s. The new direct injection version of the 5.3 seems smoother even if the ride isn't.
Current Chevys - '16 SilveradoZ71;'13 Malibu LT; '15 Traverse LT2; '15 Camaro LS
Previous Avys - '07 Silver Birch LT, '12 Black LT;'13 Fairway Green LT Z71
Previous  Chevys: '11 Tahoe LT; '11 Malibu LS; '06 Colorado WT; '80 Citation (a FWD POS -turned me off Chevys for 15 years); '75 Impala; 72 Chevelle; '69 Camaro R/T; '65 Impala SS; '62 Nova; '59 Impala; '53 model 210
Other: '80 Cordoba, '84 Crown Vic, '88 Crown Vic, '90 Fleetwood, '96 Taurus, '99 Cirrus, '00 Explorer, '02 300M, '04 300M, '06 T&C miniv

MLM

• CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

The dealer that sold me my '13 Avalanche called the other day practically begging for me to trade it in.

The first problem with her sales pitch was that "the Avalanche is in high demand." Yeah, I know, so why would I want to give up mine so you can make a profit from it?

The second problem with the pitch: she was at a loss to offer me something similar: "Maybe a Silverado? Tahoe? Colorado?"

I said thanks but no thanks. Call me when they start building them again.  :laugh:
Current rides:
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum, Majestic Plum Metallic.
2012 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, manual, 3.55 axle
2000 Bonneville SSEi, Midnight Blue

Former Chevy rigs:
2013 Black Diamond Avalanche LTZ, Blue Topaz
2008 Avalanche 3LT Z71, Black
2004 Avalanche 1500 Z71 WBH, Silver Birch (March '04 - April '10, 68,000 miles)
1999 Tahoe LT 2-Door 4x4 Z71, Blue over Silver (June '98 - May '04)
1992 K-Blazer Silverado 2-Door 4x4 Z71, Teal over Pewter (July '92 - June '98)

Chief

• Charter Member
  • Go team Venture!!!
    • Chevy Avalanche Fan Club

I got rid of my Avalanche in 2005, and 11 years later I'm back. It really is the most versatile utility vehicle on the planet.
2011 LTZ 4WD, White Diamond Tricoat, Black Leather - purchased 4/6/2015

2002 Z71, Indigo Blue, Graphite Leather

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White Hot, Onyx Leather, Holden Commodore conversion

2005 Saturn Relay FWD3 Bronze Mist, Tan Leather, weather beater

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 Silver, Gray Leather

1985 Isuzu Impulse Silver, Blue Cloth, fully restored survivor

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV

Me, I would say that ever since getting a F350 as my DD, and turning my AV into a weekend truck/toy, I would probably get a Raptor, because I'm more of a Ford guy now than a Chevy guy.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

Wickman

Me, I would say that ever since getting a F350 as my DD, and turning my AV into a weekend truck/toy, I would probably get a Raptor, because I'm more of a Ford guy now than a Chevy guy.

Ban hammer time.   :kidding: :laugh:

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV

I was waiting to get flamed :beating: I knew it was coming when I posted that  :laugh:.

However to tell the truth, 10 years ago when I bought my first Ford, I was looking for a Silverado Duramax, but got burned by the dealership, the guy I was working with wouldn't return calls or emails, then was out of the office all the time, just really bad customer service. At the same time though I looked at some F250s and the rep at this dealer wanted to be my friend, always called sending me emails, trying to find the truck I wanted. And because the Ford rep went above and beyond, I went to the Blue Oval and left the bow tie behind.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love my 2002 AV, she was my second car, er I mean truck, but she was great, only reason I started to look for another car was better mpg and reliability as a DD. At that point my AV was just around 85k, and it just had the trans rebuilt for the third time and the rear diff rebuilt after the crappy G80 decided to self destruct (which they seem to like to do). My AV still gets driven, and has gone to every Nats since with the exception of 09-12, but that's just due to high gas prices and most of them west of the Mississippi.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

gary s

The dealer that sold me my '13 Avalanche called the other day practically begging for me to trade it in.

The first problem with her sales pitch was that "the Avalanche is in high demand." Yeah, I know, so why would I want to give up mine so you can make a profit from it?

The second problem with the pitch: she was at a loss to offer me something similar: "Maybe a Silverado? Tahoe? Colorado?"

I said thanks but no thanks. Call me when they start building them again.  :laugh:

My dealer here in Illinois did the same on my '10. I told him the same. My Avy just fits into the garage now,I don't think a Silverado would fit

MyBigToy

• Too much power is just enough!

I recently purchased a replacement after owning the Avalanche for almost 14 years. This was the best fit for me.
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 LPM Z71 - Magnacharger w/3" pulley, TOG's headers, 216/224-.551/.551-115 cam/pushrods/dual springs/titanium retainers, built tranny, Yank TT2600 converter, 24K GVW Tru-Cool tranny cooler, Flex-A-Lites, ProCold intake, MSD wires & TR6 plugs, 20" Panther Juice 6's, 2.8" rear lowering springs, J&J Enterprises stainless grille, custom metal rear step bumper. Best vehicle I have owned to date!

Daily driver: 2012 Centennial edition 4LT Grand Sport Corvette convertible

Supercharger

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
  • I love the Chevy Avalanche

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

The high desert cosmetic upgrade has been discussed in other threads already.
The 6.2 motor and upgraded suspension would be nice but the bed storage looks like a drop in accessory that will eat up storage capacity, the sail panels are cosmetic and not needed, they will probably fade like our rough cladding parts,there is NO midgate. The storage unit would probably not allow for installation of a bed slide device either and that is on of the first mods my family would want in a new pickup or AV.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

royalstar

• Have beads will travel

https://youtu.be/W4dZJ80wGKk   think i found my new truck
Inside my toy box, 03Grizzly for mud, 02Viper for snow, 2012 ultra glide CVO for sunny days, Irwin sailboat for the wind, sea kayaks for when it's calm and a 03 AVALANCHE w/ 1,540,000 candlepower to get my toys to the playground.

Calicak89

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member

https://youtu.be/W4dZJ80wGKk   think i found my new truck
For $1.4M I think I'd rather have 3 Becker Cadillac ESVs
2013 Black LT
Many mods to come
2008 Judson Green LT
Way too many mods to list here
2005 Silver Birch Metallic (former)

MrDingo2U

• Ingen frykt Ingen nåde

Well Long Story Short .....
Back in 2007 I was driving semi's for a living in Australia and had stopped in a truck stop for the night. Whilst waiting for my meal I was reading a truck magazine and seen a 2 page spread on the 2006 Avalanche. Right at that moment I fell in love with that truck and swore that if Chevy was to ever release them in Australia I would own one. Sadly that never happened.
I came to the US in 2014 liked the place so much and decided to stay so the search began...
In 2016 I found her after looking at what must have been 50 odd Avalanches. Big Bold and Black with 120K mile on her she was the perfect base to build my dream truck.
I'm 55 now and figure I have 20-25 years of drive time left in me
So Now I have her shes the only truck for me and will be maintained and be my daily driver until that day
what can I say I'm having a Love Affair with my Avalanche (wife even says I love it more than I do her) Shhhh there may be some small truth to that statement lol

So now that I have found my Avalanche shes the only truck for me :)
2006 LT Z71 Avalanche
Pioneer Head Unit Upgrade
2" wheel spacers
3" leveling Kit
Monroe Max Air Shocks on rear
Interior & Exterior Lighting Mods
Custom Light Bar wired to operate with fog and H/B lighting system
Cubby Customization's to fit additional accessories
Tow Mirror Package added
Fuel Pump and System replaced

Just an old fella realizing another dream come true after way too many years of waiting :)

igotzzoom

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2004 Avalanche Z71 4x4

I plan on driving my '04 until it dies. In fact, may even replace/rebuild the engine if it goes kaput. I bought it used with 163k miles, and with a little freshening and TLC, drives like nearly new. Thankfully, between the Silverado and Tahoe/Suburban, there are enough shared parts that I can probably keep it on the road for quite a while to come.

frito

• "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"

Not that I'm in the market for a new ride, nor could I afford anything more than a Chevy Spark at the moment, but if I could, I think I would choose this http://www.bollingermotors.com/.  I love that they put function over form and how utilitarian it is.  I read that they're also working on a 120 kWh version.  I read that it's likely to start in the $60k range, more than a Jeep but not some radical $100/$200k vehicle either.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 24 queries.