• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Another Newbie from Alabama

lminor204

SM 2010
Just joined up a few days ago, really enjoy all the input and people. I?m in central Alabama but travel all over the state working, maybe I?ll see some of Ya?ll. :wave:
I keep seeing something about Ambers, probably a stupid question. But what does that mean? ???

:welcome:
Ambers are the daytime running lights.  Stock, they are clear (white light).  Amber colored ones make you more visable in the daylight, and also make you recognizeable as a CAFCNA member.  I don't have the part number off hand, but they are available from Auto Zone and the like for around $6 a pair.

:welcome:Hi lminor204, hi are you? I'm Iceman6075 kind of splitting residence between Birmingham and Shorter. It's been kind off quiet here on our boards for awhile but we are always glad to welcome new members. There are a few of us here, some of the otheres will chime when they get settled from the holidays. :welcome:  What's up ms38w I'm still waiting on some more info on that monster you are building!! :B: Avalanches rock!!!

Welcome to the club, lminor204.  You will find a lot of very good info about your AV here.  If you have a problem or question, it is very possible that it has already been discussed.  If not, a club members will usually respond with helpful suggestions. 

Wow, ms38w what a story, I have been there, and done that, not exactly not with the AV. Several years ago I bought a 1968 Chevelle SS and was not happy with the 396, so I dropped a 502 cid crate motor in it, then things got out of control spent tons of money on all kinds of mods. The thing would pull you back in the seat so hard you couldn?t hardly hold the wheel, loved it. Long story short, spent way to much money on the car and ended up selling it for half what I had in it. Good luck with yours.

lminor204 said:
Wow, ms38w what a story, I have been there, and done that, not exactly not with the AV. Several years ago I bought a 1968 Chevelle SS and was not happy with the 396, so I dropped a 502 cid crate motor in it, then things got out of control spent tons of money on all kinds of mods. The thing would pull you back in the seat so hard you couldn?t hardly hold the wheel, loved it. Long story short, spent way to much money on the car and ended up selling it for half what I had in it. Good luck with yours.

Thanks.  I'm happy with the over all outcome, but getting there has been HELL!  Just a few "refinements" to go and it'll be done (are hot rods ever "done"?)

I need to make a few updates to the web page yet.

Back