• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Activation on Used Avalanche

Bizzzoyd

Hello, I have had my 2007 Avalanche LTZ for around 5 months now and noticed that the XM Radio subscription has ran out from the previous owner of course canceling it. I was wondering how do I update it so I can have the account information for my truck as well as be able to add a subscription of my own to it?

Thanks,

-Hayden

Hayden,
You should be able to find the radio ID by tuning to the XM band and then turn the tuning knob the radio ID will display. Contact XM with the ID # they will give you a 3 month trial of XM everything. They are also offering a lifetime subscription for what equals 3 years of service. You will have to ask about this when you contact XM. 

I just subscribed to XM on a special Promotion it was 20 bucks for 5 months, just to see if I like it.

Daves69gs said:
Hayden,
You should be able to find the radio ID by tuning to the XM band and then turn the tuning knob the radio ID will display. Contact XM with the ID # they will give you a 3 month trial of XM everything. They are also offering a lifetime subscription for what equals 3 years of service. You will have to ask about this when you contact XM. 

Thanks! Ill try it later tonight.

MS03 2500 said:
I just subscribed to XM on a special Promotion it was 20 bucks for 5 months, just to see if I like it.

Everyone in my family has XM... Total of around 6 cars with it and I love it. We also have it all through out our house on our Tvs. I'm sure you will love it, I'm a huge music person though!

-Hayden

I called last week trying to take advantage of an email offer they sent that would let me try it for 30 days for free.  Since I don't make a lot of long trips in my Av I never was interested in getting it but now I'm getting tired of what's on the radio channels.  Anyway when I called them I was told that the promotion was only for the online Sirrus/XM and not for my car.  I asked were there any promotions for my car and they said no and that it was $14.95 a month.  So as of now I'm still without it.

Heck I would try again.  I get a hold of them through ONSTAR and they have been offering me a package that has most of the channels minus a few of the premium ones like howard stern and some of the sports stuff (which i dont listen to any way) all for about $4.99 per month.  They keep E-mailing me with these offers as well.  Try going through ONSTAR and see if that helps your rate.

Massey

So my son asked today about those "little black things on the roof".

I explained that one is for XM that I don't have, yet to my surprise in the demonstration, I the XM working in this truck I bought last February.  Am I to suspect that the PO paid for some subscription that will eventually run out?  :cry:

cooncitycornflake said:
So my son asked today about those "little black things on the roof".

I explained that one is for XM that I don't have, yet to my surprise in the demonstration, I the XM working in this truck I bought last February.  Am I to suspect that the PO paid for some subscription that will eventually run out?   :cry:

His lost your gain  (y)

cooncitycornflake said:
to my surprise in the demonstration, I the XM working in this truck I bought last February.  Am I to suspect that the PO paid for some subscription that will eventually run out?   :cry:

I rented a place once and the cable TV worked for months, can't beat FREE  (y)   

If you pay for XM with credit card they will auto-renew your subscription, I paid for 3 years so they renewed/charged me for 3 more years which I was going to do anyway. If I sold my truck and failed to cancel or transfer my XM account it would remain active until I stopped paying,...

I just bought a 07 and the XM is working, this truck was bought at a car auction from a dealer that had it on his Lot (for how long ?) After a VIN check it is a 1 owner, How long can you pay for the subscription in advance ?  monthy ? yearly ? lifetime ? or all of the above ....

Wondering how much time I might have with XM before I have to do the paying

Thanks

You could try calling XM, but you might blow your cover. But one day it will stop working.

That would be neat to get a used AV with lifetime XM subscription.

I wouldn't call them unless it stops working  (y)

Buckshot said:
I just bought a 07 and the XM is working, this truck was bought at a car auction from a dealer that had it on his Lot (for how long ?) After a VIN check it is a 1 owner, How long can you pay for the subscription in advance ?  monthy ? yearly ? lifetime ? or all of the above ....

Wondering how much time I might have with XM before I have to do the paying

Thanks

Enjoy the XM while it's free.

MS03 2500 said:
You could try calling XM, but you might blow your cover. But one day it will stop working.

and that day was Saturday, so I goto XM's site and try to 'refresh' punch in my radio code (the one you see on channel 0) and its says invalid radio code .....

any ideas ?

Yep same thing I got, call them from the truck and they will do.

Try to use the discount code "winback". You may have to be transferred to the special promo folks.

MS03 2500 said:
Yep same thing I got, call them from the truck and they will do.

Try to use the discount code "winback". You may have to be transferred to the special promo folks.

call them thru the ONSTAR or ...... ?

and Thanks for the code !

Either way you can call XM directly 
1-866-635-2349

Mine worked for a week, then I called them through onstar and got a three month freebe.  So far I mainly like the country channels.  We don't have a lot of country choices around here so it is really nice to have.  I will have to look into the "basic" package and see what I get with it.

In my last truck I was happy with having my iPod integrated with the radio, but so far I am not sure which package I need to do that with my '07 Nav.  I tried to contact one of the folks here on the board, but have not heard back from him yet.
-Harry

I just got my 2 year renewal for XMeverything, they'll just charge me if I don't call. I'm going to keep it.

Not a SeriusXM customer ? try it out at link below.

Get SiriusXM Internet Radio. - No radio required. Listen anywhere with your computer, compatible smartphone or internet radio. - 30 Days Free

I was able to get the 3 month trial on my 2007. No problems, but you do have to remember to cancel it, per XM, or they will bill you. No idea, but my trial ends in 3 days!!!!  :mad:

Mine worked for 6 months after I bought the truck... Once it ran out I called and the first person I talked to wouldnt add the truck to my account that had two other units because the radio ID they had for the truck was registered to the previouse owner.  I explained to them three or four times that I bought the truck through a dealer  6 months ago.  I had to talk to a second person and she was able to do it in under 5 mins.

You can get a free 2 month trial at this link.

I turned on both of my Avalanches with it.

https://care.siriusxm.com/preownedvehiclestrial_view.action

Back