• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

London Auto Expo & Jack Astor's GTG March 27, 2010

kwistofoo

PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
"All roads lead to the London Auto Expo ? a 3 day ultimate show for car enthusiasts! Over 100,000 square feet of hot rods, classics, custom machines, restored beauties and 2010 dream cars on display all under one roof!"

Time to get an Ontario GTG going! We will meet at the London Auto Expo at 9:30 AM for a bit of a meet and greet and head inside as soon as everyone has arrived. At 3 PM we will meet in the parking lot at Jack Astor's Bar & Grill for our own AVY Expo! I will make the reservations with the restaurant for 4 PM after I have an idea of how many to expect. If you can't come to both parts, feel free to pick one! Bring the spouse & kids too!

AutoExpoWinner09.jpg

Details:
London Auto Expo
Progress Building South Side Entrance
Western Fair Entertainment Centre
316 Rectory Street
Doors open at 10 AM

http://www.westernfair.com/shows/london-auto-expo.html

$12 advance
$15 at the door

The Holiday Inn Express on Dundas St. is booking rooms for auto show visitors at $99 per night if you need a room. 1-519-661-0233

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill
88 Fanshawe Park Road East
http://www.jackastors.com/EN/
1-519-663-2091

ATTENDING:

Car Show:      Jack Astor's:
kwistofoo +1      kwistofoo +1
MS03 2500      MS03 2500
Code Orange      Code Orange
skidooboy      skidooboy +1
DZ +3      DZ +3
03av +5      03av +5
avo +3      avo +3
Mrs & Mr LastMinuteMomma      Mrs & Mr LastMinuteMomma
biggmachz +1      biggmachz +1
      05silverado +3
      silver1

MAYBE:
djhype7
Flint4x4 + Mrs. Flint4x4
loneraider

Do you have any Hotel Info in the area.

MS03 2500 said:
Do you have any Hotel Info in the area.

there are 2 hotels listed on expo's site, a hilton and holiday inn express. there are quite a few other hotels in the area.
it does say the holiday inn is booking rooms at $99 per night for auto show visitors, but no price for the hilton...

expo hotel page

google map of hotels in the area

should i mark you as attending?  (y)

Yes you can.

But I'm over 55 senior rates. >:D

If you get maybe 10 people staying the hotel you can get a group rate.

Code Orange (formerly movieman) said:
Excellent :D  Count me in too!  Just got back from the Motorcycle show in T.O., so I should be ready for another show by then.

got you in for both. we had some chat about the motorcycle show at the fair grounds but i figured the extra month's notice would help get more people out. hope to see some cool cars.

Did you invite the east coast folks Region 1 NY NJ PA

djhype7 said:
I posted up in NY   (y)     Put me down for a "maybe"... in the process of building a house and moving.

HI MS03!  :wave:

thanks a bunch.. i meant to post around a few states, but i've been way busy since i put up this gtg. i get on the computer for like 5 min in the morning, makes it tough to get to all the things i want!

gotcha.. hopefully you both can make it! it looks like we're in for a great gtg!

I'd like to attend but there are Michigan GTGs March 20/April 10/April 24, can't make them all.

I tried to get my wife to get the new Michigan enhanced driver's license last year but she renewed by mail. (it has to be done in person). I have to renew in person in March because my current license photo is over 10 years old  :D 

FYI - it takes 2/3 weeks to obtain a Michigan enhanced ID/driver license. Valid photo ID with current Michigan address, social security#/card, official birth certificate or other proof of US citizenship. (stuff I used to carry to Canada they never bothered to check)

Sorry you are not coming Flint 4X4

djhype7 thanks for the posting (y)

It's 120 miles for me, but it's 120 mile other GTG in Michigan.

I do want to go, I'm off work first week of March so will get my MI enhanced driver's license good for ground/sea travel to Canada/Mexico/Bermuda and some other western hemisphere nations in plenty of time. Alot easier/quicker/cheaper than a passport.
Convincing Wendy to upgrade hers same time  :rolleyes:  On the positive side you can renew by mail twice, we wouldn't have to get new photos until we are 60+ years old  :D

We are just an hour west of Port Huron/Sarnia, closer to London than most Canadians  :wave:   

well i hope u can make it out. my wife thinks i'm crazy for going to GTG's but she says she's gonna come to this one to see what its about! hoping she'll get to meet many of the great av'ers on here!

my wife thought I was crazy too back in 2004 when I found CAFNA, she's still not enthused about attending GTGs but she enjoys seeing many of the same people and meeting new ones, she just needs a push to get her there. That's the problem, getting her in the truck to start with.

our yearly trip up to toronto/niagara falls is around the 3rd might be able to move it. then just have to work around your spring break.maybe???

MS03 2500 said:
Sorry you are not coming Flint 4X4

It's 120 miles for me, but it's 120 mile other GTG in Michigan.

I'm going to try but can't inform Wendy and give her time to back out.
First I have to trick her into getting her enhanced license when i get mine.

120 miles ? must be I-696/I-94/402 ? 
Mapquest says 130 miles/almost 3 hours but should be 2 hours unless border crossing is an hour

DZ said:
our yearly trip up to toronto/niagara falls is around the 3rd might be able to move it. then just have to work around your spring break.maybe???

Flint4x4 said:
I'm going to try but can't inform Wendy and give her time to back out.
First I have to trick her into getting her enhanced license when i get mine.

120 miles ? must be I-696/I-94/402 ? 
Mapquest says 130 miles/almost 3 hours but should be 2 hours unless border crossing is an hour

i've got you both down as maybe's but would be more than happy to switch you to a yes!

skidooboy said:
I'm in
It's finely coming together  (y)

I will try to reserve some parking for us at the show and at Jack Astor's.

good to see another name on the attending list! it will be great to see a bunch of av's showing their stuff. maybe we can draw some of the car show crowd out way lol! i think a good spot to park would be the corner of rectory and florence (york). furthest from the building, but easy to spot from the street and not likely to fill up right away... or right along florence would be good too

mapquest view of where i think could be a good parking area (up just a bit from the star, use satellite view)

I'm really starting to get the modding itch again. i have had the LEDs for my sail panels sitting at the old house for months now. I hope to have them done before we GTG. anyone else planning on having a newly finished mod for the GTG?

Back