• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

keyless entry (remotes fine)

jrigby

I have a 2003 avalanche 2500 with the driver 1 and 2 keyless. When I bought it the keyless worked fine, I never had the driver 1 remote just the driver 2. Anyways I had to replace the battery in the remote and reprogrammed it fine. That worked for a few weeks and then it just stopped. Tried reprogramming it and it won't. Brought it to the dealership and they tried a differant remote and still couldn't get it to work. (Didn't have them try anything else they were trying it out of a favor and I didn't want to pay them for troubleshooting.) Is there a module that might need replaced? Anything else to check? The remote they tried with was the same part number, but was used had a brand new battery also.

Check the 10A PDM fuse in the fuse block. If it is good, the front passenger door module could be bad.

I pulled the fuse and its good. I let it sit for 15 minutes to see if it would reset and then tried to reprogram it and it still wont work. I called the dealer and he said that the module is fine if it goes into the programming mode. He said that I probably just had a bad remote or 2. So I went down to oreilly auto parts here and they have a tester. The remote is putting out a signal. Could the remote just be putting out a corrupt signal or something? Or is it possible that the module really is just bad? Ohh, the passenger door works fine.

Thanks

Yeah, tried everything in there. except programming using the scan tool. :(

Does it go into the programming mode? Have you only tried to reprogram it in one place? ie your drive way? Could there be some local interference?

It does go into programming mode. I have tried programming it at my work and home. I tried ordering a remote from gmpartsdirect.com but the part # on my remote is no longer valid. They gave me a replacement # and I ordered that maybe the new remote will work. The only thing is since the part # is now the same for the  "driver 1" and "driver 2" does the dealership have to program it or does the programming work the same? I'm kind of starting to laugh at what a PITA I am going through just so I don't have to stick the key in the door.

where is the passanger door module located i have the same problem.

jrigby said:
It does go into programming mode. I have tried programming it at my work and home. I tried ordering a remote from gmpartsdirect.com but the part # on my remote is no longer valid. They gave me a replacement # and I ordered that maybe the new remote will work. The only thing is since the part # is now the same for the  "driver 1" and "driver 2" does the dealership have to program it or does the programming work the same? I'm kind of starting to laugh at what a PITA I am going through just so I don't have to stick the key in the door.

I'm having the same problem, did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Hi all,
I have an "05" Avalanche that i've owned since new.  I haven't been able to use Key Fob #1 for some time.  I tried changing the battery with no luck.  Could a reprogramming solve this issue?
Also, i've been using Key Fob #2 for at least 2 years.  Normally, when I lock the doors, if you press the lock button once, the doors will lock but the horn does not sound.  If you press the button a second time, you will hear the horn.  In the last couple of days, when I lock the doors, the horn will sound on the first press of the button.  It hasen't happened everytime but, it's becoming more common.  Is this telling me the battery needs to be replaced?
Thanks,
Chris

Back