• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How Much Snow are you getting in Region III? (Feb 5th & 6th, 2010)

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
Here in East Central Indiana they are predicting 5 to 7" between Friday morning and Saturday afternoon (Feb 5th & 6th, 2010), of course they have been wrong before!

So what are you susposed to get out of this one?

Just a 40 % chance of light snow shower, the snow storm is tracker south of Michigan.

Then it is suppose to clear up Saturday Morning.

usa_None_anim.gif

Here in the U.P we got 12 flakes today and expecting 20 flakes friday :laugh: :laugh:  I drove my Av first time this year in the snow this past tuesday from Chicago.

Pretty big storm, I would not what to be in the NorthEast Saturday

Near Dayton, Ohio here.  Expecting 8 - 12" by end of storm Saturday.  The way it looks now (Feb 5, 10:30pm), I am guessing we will be around 10.  Depending on placement of my measuring tape, we now have around 7". 

Troy, OH- 10:30 pm- A good 8" inches and still snowing! They are saying around 10" by tomorrow afternoon.

Still no snow :woohoo:

I am guessing that we got 8", it's only a guess because of the blowing and drifting. One would think that as wet and heavy as this snow was that you would not drift but not the case at all. Our county has a snow emergency and we are not supposed to be out driving unless it is an emergency, I can not get out even if I wanted, there is a 3' to 4' snowdrift across my drive! We also got a lot of limbs and built up snow crashing down on the roof, I hope there is no damage. It is a pretty snow but any more and I am afraid of getting damage, the trees, roof and wires are carrying a load right now.........

I have a good neighbor with a snow plow, I am sure that he will be around later. They are predicting another storm early next week and are saying snow Monday Tuesday and some Wednesday............

Attachments

• Snow Porch.jpg
    Snow Porch.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Trees.jpg
    Trees.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 60
Wow that's a lot of Snow

Mdz66 said:
Pretty to look at but pia to clean up

Yea, the snows that we have had so far this year had all been the light fluffy kind. I could push it right off of the sidewalk by turning the snow shovel over, not this one. I have to really shovel it and it was  a PIA!!

Just as this one is getting cleared up forecasters are predicting at least 6 inches of snow to fall between Monday night and Wednesday.

That snow storm is going to get us up here too.

The wind with this one is what has me worried. They are talking up to 8" of snow with 40 to 50 mph winds. I have a "procedure" that I need to get to on Thursday morning, the prep for it may not allow me to get out and shovel snow on Wednesday!  :cool:

Yeah I took off work Tuesday, I'm beginning to hate snow and cold.

Gotta pull out the snow blower for the first time this year we expect 5-8 inches

The weather guessers are predicting 10" to 13" with high winds. Even though the map shows us getting snow right now it's not accumulating. More like flurries.

Check on the elderly. Heavy snowfall especially with the high winds usually means downed power wires. I saw on the news today that some areas of the Dakotas have been without electricity for over a week.

Well looks like we only have about 2 inches so far

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 30
We did not get much more than that but they are saying more overnight and that is when the winds are supposed to come. This one is  alight fluffy snow so it will blow around.

Just got done doing round one of snow shoveling I'll probably have to do another before work wednesday then the last after work. BTW did I mention I hate snow.  :E: :E: :E:

Well it is about to stop snowing we are only looking at 6 - 8 inches of snow, schools are all closed and the roads remain snow covered so it was a slow ride into work.

I have not been out but watched the trash man back up my drive this morning. I did not see any large drifts despite the wind blowing. Later I will go clean the walks off and take a look around, I do need to make sure that I can get out in the morning.

We only got 6" - 7" with minor drifting. Went out and cleared the walkways and 80+' concrete driveway.  :help:

Back