• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What don't you like about you Avalanche?

YellowGT0

I thought the whole truck oozed classes other then the gague pod.  They should had an upgraded gague pod (Atleast as an option) and had the DIC from other GM cars. Like my GTO DIC looks really good. NO digital speedo! It was very hard for me going back to the needle after using digital for the last 6 years. I can't even find a digital speed option on the GPS?

Nice things to point out as someone coming from a G8...I love my digital speedo in the center DIC, something every GM vehicle with the latest "new" electronics systems have. These trucks came out just at the end of the previous gen gizmos, from the radios to the gauges.

I don't have one yet, but something I don't like is the tilt steering wheel...just a couple of ratchet points that are widely gapped. Not much choice, up, sort of down, or way down. You just have to work around it, or find the best of the limited choices.

I have owned the '10 Avalanche for 9 days and the only real problem I have encountered is programing the radio.
I am trying to sync my Ipod but it has been very difficult.  I called the 'onStar lady' and she was going to get back to me in 1 minute (that has been 2 hours ago).
Other than my inability to understand the new electronic gadgets I am very pleased.

Aussie Red said:
There is something not to like about the AV ?   Guess I haven't found it yet  :laugh:

Hiya Pete  :beating: :beating: :beating:
Does this mean I'm back on the List  ???  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
Where have you been, haven't heard from you in a while. But maybe that's a good thing    :laugh:

MooseAlanche said:
Does this mean I'm back on the List  ???  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
Where have you been, haven't heard from you in a while. But maybe that's a good thing    :laugh:

Oh I have been here just posting on different threads I guess. You never left the list. Once there always there  :laugh:
You just moved up a notch  :laugh: :laugh:

It gets better gas mileage than my 96 Silverado,they are all very stylish,you can mod them to your personality.Whats not to like? :beating:

i cant think of one thing i don't like about my av, i had some problems but had them fixed by GM under warranty. i love my av and would get another one if something happened to my 2004.  :B:

My only complaint is that I don't get to drive enough! Gotta drive a darn company car during the weekdays. Gives me something to look forward to though.

I love the truck but here are a few complaints:

1) Discontinued the 2500 model. (I wanted one... couldn't find a decent used one)
2) Bed and mid-gate not water tight/proof.  (Drain holes inside cab and the water I find after it rains in the drain area, emphasize this point.)
3) Wish the rear window powered down into the mid-gate. (I've read why but they have engineers who should've figured out how to defy physics  >:D)
4) Chevy's underpowered brakes. (No excuses)
5) All locks, saddle bags and tailgate, should have been connected to the power lock system. (Have a 2006)

Other than that.... Its an awesome truck.  I realize 4&5 can be knocked off the list with aftermarket brakes and a mod, but they should have been standard, along with the first 3!

Streets said:
It gets better gas mileage than my 96 Silverado,they are all very stylish,you can mod them to your personality.Whats not to like? :beating:

Couldn't agree more. I traded a '96 GMC Sierra that I really liked. But I like the Avy more!  (y)

i agree with that, that would be very nice.

05SilverAvMan said:
What I dont like? Would love to see a 60-40 split mid-gate.
It would be wonderful to fold down half of it and still haul
a passenger or two in the back.

The OEM brakes SUCK on my 02!!!!!!! The only other bad thing is the weak tranny but I took care of that one, at least for a while.

The biggest think is Mods driving me nuts what to get next. :E: :E: :help:

Just brought my new '09 home and LOVE it.

If anything, so far, as beat to death, the Bose stereo is just...well...eck. Clear enough, but just doesn't have any meat (hate boomy, just something, even like my traded G8's stock Blaupunkt) and gets scratchy quickly. Oh well. Old news, but annoying.

Wow I'm glad I just read this one. MyBigToy you have a 2002 and this is about 07 up area. :laugh:

Back