• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Worldwide G2G planning

05HrlyHlr

Gauging interest for a midwest G2G July 23rd-25th for the Worldwide G2G! We can figure out a central point and meet up somewhere there! I realize this is vague right now, but I want to check on interest and where people would be coming from first!

Well I for one am very interested! Geographically the center of Region III looks like it would be near Des Moines Iowa however you are correct in checking to see where member are from who may be willing to attend. If I can help let me know, I always have a few ideas tucked away.  :love:

Z66 BUTCH said:
Well I for one am very interested! Geographically the center of Region III looks like it would be near Des Moines Iowa however you are correct in checking to see where member are from who may be willing to attend. If I can help let me know, I always have a few ideas tucked away.  :love:

I am open for any help anyone wants to offer! I just hadnt seen anyhting for this area yet, so I figured might as well post something. worst case scenario atleast we tried  :D

OK I have a banner ready, if you like it I will send the code so you can put it in your sig........

regioniiigtgplanbanner.jpg

Lets make it clear that we can have as many WW GTG's in Region III as members want to host. If we only have one that is OK but if others can not drive very far and wish to host another WW GTG within Region III that is fine, we will all link up via the web!  (y)

Get that banner in your sig and get the party started!  (y)

Here is a GREAT COLLECTION of Chevy Convertibles that is housed just north of Des Moines. I am not sure if we could "invite" ourselves to see the collection or not. Car museums have been a favorite for GTG here in Indiana. If we can not get in to see that collection I am sure that there will be other museums in the area that would be of interest to many members.

Z66 BUTCH said:
Here is a GREAT COLLECTION of Chevy Convertibles that is housed just north of Des Moines. I am not sure if we could "invite" ourselves to see the collection or not. Car museums have been a favorite for GTG here in Indiana. If we can not get in to see that collection I am sure that there will be other museums in the area that would be of interest to many members.

Something like that would be a great place! Des Moines has plenty of lodging and resturants also!

From Mid Mo.We're thinking we can make it.The Chevy museum looks like a cool place!Need to see something new and this looks great!

Streets said:
From Mid Mo.We're thinking we can make it.The Chevy museum looks like a cool place!Need to see something new and this looks great!

Cool man! We will get something figured out regardless of how many people we have! As always though the more the merrier!

All it takes is 3 AVs then it's a GTG.

I don't know, my first GTG was only 2 Avalanches and we considered it a GTG.  :B:

Z66 BUTCH said:
I don't know, my first GTG was only 2 Avalanches and we considered it a GTG.  :B:

In that case, I have a GTG everyday at my house!!  >:D

Would like to hear from everyone that attended Fire and Ice,sounds like a great GTG!We could all meet up here in Columbia and convoy to Iowa!

i'd be fairly interested in the fire & ice thing. seems cool. but right now would prob tag along with father (mdz66) or if mike goes ride with him.

Hey Z66 Butch in Michigan 2 AVs is a meeting. >:D

Monday night I should be previewing the beta program that will be used to register the locations and stream all the connections..  (y)

amd1900mp said:
Monday night I should be previewing the beta program that will be used to register the locations and stream all the connections..  (y)

:woohoo:  :woot: :woohoo: :woot: :woohoo: :woot: :woohoo: :woot: :woohoo:

Then I guess we really need to get busy and firm up a location!  (y)

I for one like the Des Moines idea as it is a central location for most of us! It is also a big enough city with access to hotels, food and pretty much anything else! Also the museum that was mentioned earlier would be fun!

So do we need to find a location with wifi?

05HrlyHlr said:
I for one like the Des Moines idea as it is a central location for most of us! It is also a big enough city with access to hotels, food and pretty much anything else! Also the museum that was mentioned earlier would be fun!

So do we need to find a location with wifi?

Most of the time the host will find a deal (group rate) on a suitable hotel, most will have wifi. Then there needs to be planning for 3 days worth of events. I suggest 3-4 things to do each day, that way members can do as much or as little as they wish. If we get several members to attend you will find that a lot of the time is spent socializing out in the hotel parking lot.

Maybe we should just get a little more input in this thread and see if other member think that Des Moines is a good choice and after that start a official WW Des Moines GTG thread? We can look online and ask members who live near there for suggestions for events, I am sure that there is plenty to do to fill 3 days, remember part of the time we need to be somewhere to "CONNECT" with the WW part of this GTG.......I guess that was the reason for your original question........ :p

Back