Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/18/14 03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Z71 vs. LTZ  (Read 7747 times)
Jims07Tahoe

Awards
« on: 03/03/10 08:40 PM »

Need your help guys... Im planning on trading in the Tahoe on an AV. I currently have a LTZ Tahoe but kind of like the aggresive exterior look of the Z71. I like all the standard features of the LTZ though. Does the Z71 have a tighter, sportier ride? If you load up a Z71 are you at the price of a LTZ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
chAVey
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Ahh!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/03/10 08:57 PM »

LTZ and Z71 are different animals.  The LTX has the autoride suspension - The Z71 has the offroad suspension.  The Z71 is less $$ than the LTZ with comparible accessories (sunroof, etc.).  But there are accessories that you can get on the LTZ that you cannot get on the Z71.

The LTZ is primarily for comfortable HIGHWAY driving.  The Z71 is the off-road, sport package.  So you have to choose which one you prefer.

I personnal think the LT3 with the Z71 package is the best one out there - that's what I have.

MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/03/10 08:58 PM »

The Z71 is a sports model, but you can option out Z71 to the level of the LTZ though dealer installed parts or after market. BTW I like the LTZ myself.

Well maybe not the autoride.
« Last Edit: 03/03/10 09:00 PM by MS03 2500 » Logged
Jims07Tahoe

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/03/10 09:06 PM »

Do you guys like the all silver dash panels? im not a big fan. can they be replaced? also, I like the console on the LTZ
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/03/10 09:08 PM »

Yes they can plenty of aftermarket parts and I think GM has some also.
chAVey
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Ahh!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/03/10 09:11 PM »

I LOVE the brushed aluminium dash panels on the Z71!  And you can get the covered cup holder insert from the LTZ for the Z71.  BTW, the Z71 is the ONLY AV you can get 2-tone interior in too.  Mine is black with grey inserts.  Makes it look REALLY NICE as compared to the full black interior.

MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/03/10 09:22 PM »

Yup and wood grain also.
Royal Vader
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

"Impressive, Most Impressive"

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03/03/10 09:23 PM »

Got the LTZ as shown in my sig below. Love it. I don't do any major off road though. Mostly city / highway. Love the auto ride too Thumbs up!

David
2008 LTZ Silver Birch Metallic, 4X4, 5.3, 3.73
Ambers, Yakima bike racks, Molded splash guards, GMPP CAI, Flowmaster Super 50, 3" SI, 2.5" DO 4" Stainless Tips. EXT Roof Rack, OEM Nav upgrade, OnStar Gen8 VCIM (bluetooth) module

Jims07Tahoe

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03/03/10 09:31 PM »

you could get 2 tone interior for 2010? black wood dash like the denali would look great.
Senor Plata

The leatherman of outdoor transportation!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03/04/10 12:47 AM »

I have had both versions in the 07 model (just picked up an 07 LTZ).  I did like the ruggedness of the LT3 Z71 but I did not need it 95% of the time.  The LTZ is the best ride I have ever had in a truck and the faux wood interior has grown on me versus the faux metal of the Z71.  The Z71 ride did not feel much different on the highway than the ride of a base Av.  The majority of my miles are long road trip vacations with some dirt roads to get to trailheads and campsites.  So I opt for comfort versus ruggedness.

My rain sense wipers (ignore if you are buying a new Av since they phased them out) actually seem to work and that is something generally not available as a common option on the LT3 package.  The heated wiper fluid is a common option added to the LT3 that comes standard on the LTZ.  The luggage rack also comes standard on the LTZ but you still need to add the crossbars.  Most of the LT3 Z71s I have seen have the luggage rack and crossbar options.  It seems about 50/50 for a LTZ to be equipped with crossbars.  Crossbars matter a lot to me for ski trips and such.

So it all comes down to what you are going to use it for most of the time. 

2002 Novara Cross Bicycle (8 miles per cookie)
2002 Avalanche LT Z71
2012 Chevrolet Volt
LornesAV
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 03/05/10 04:46 PM »

I went with the 08 LT3 Z71 I can say that the ride is very comfortable but I do here the off road tires with the radio off. But if the radio is on even at very very low volume I can't hear them at all. Maybe that auto ride takes care of the truck roll on cornering though with the leather seats I tend to slide a little in the seat when on the off ramp.

2008 Z71
jordans1
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 03/07/10 11:49 AM »

I went with the 08 LT3 Z71 I can say that the ride is very comfortable but I do here the off road tires with the radio off. But if the radio is on even at very very low volume I can't hear them at all. Maybe that auto ride takes care of the truck roll on cornering though with the leather seats I tend to slide a little in the seat when on the off ramp.

x2  Thumbs up!

2008 Black LT3 Z71 Ebony/Titanium Int.
Ambers, All-10-On-High, FTDRL, MagLite Mod, Budflector II, Vent Visors, Debadged, Black Bowties, Python 991 Alarm/Remote Start,  Painted Engine/Fuse Box Cover/Wheel Center Caps, HIDs-5k Lows/3k Fogs, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Fabtech Front Leveling Lift, Vette Servos, MSD Wires, Tinted tail lights.
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636 ZX-6R Black/Monster Green
ltxi
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

...tree art...

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 03/10/10 07:48 PM »

after living with fake wood grain trim in my immediately previous vehicles for a decade or so, i found the fake brushed aluminum of the z71 in an ebony interior surprisingly refreshing

2008 Z71 Avalanche LT3 4x4 4:10 Ebony/Black - Nelson tuned
Jims07Tahoe

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 03/21/10 06:01 PM »

Im feeln the same way about the wood grain. not sure about the metal look. seems like there is quite alot on the Z71. I wish the Denali wood color was available.

So, has anyone went from a LTZ to a Z71. I really would like to hear some feedback on that. thanks Help me!
ms38w

I AM the Scorpion

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: 03/21/10 06:33 PM »

Get the Z71 and mod the heck out of it Thumbs up!

'02 1500 Z71, with a few mods...
408 Stroker, H2 rear end, 6-speed manual,side pipes, shorty headers,8-lug wheels, 1-ton T-case, custom drive shafts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: