• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Z71 vs. LTZ

Jims07Tahoe

Need your help guys... Im planning on trading in the Tahoe on an AV. I currently have a LTZ Tahoe but kind of like the aggresive exterior look of the Z71. I like all the standard features of the LTZ though. Does the Z71 have a tighter, sportier ride? If you load up a Z71 are you at the price of a LTZ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

LTZ and Z71 are different animals.  The LTX has the autoride suspension - The Z71 has the offroad suspension.  The Z71 is less $$ than the LTZ with comparible accessories (sunroof, etc.).  But there are accessories that you can get on the LTZ that you cannot get on the Z71.

The LTZ is primarily for comfortable HIGHWAY driving.  The Z71 is the off-road, sport package.  So you have to choose which one you prefer.

I personnal think the LT3 with the Z71 package is the best one out there - that's what I have.

The Z71 is a sports model, but you can option out Z71 to the level of the LTZ though dealer installed parts or after market. BTW I like the LTZ myself.

Well maybe not the autoride.

Do you guys like the all silver dash panels? im not a big fan. can they be replaced? also, I like the console on the LTZ

Yes they can plenty of aftermarket parts and I think GM has some also.

I LOVE the brushed aluminium dash panels on the Z71!  And you can get the covered cup holder insert from the LTZ for the Z71.  BTW, the Z71 is the ONLY AV you can get 2-tone interior in too.  Mine is black with grey inserts.  Makes it look REALLY NICE as compared to the full black interior.

Yup and wood grain also.

Got the LTZ as shown in my sig below. Love it. I don't do any major off road though. Mostly city / highway. Love the auto ride too (y)

you could get 2 tone interior for 2010? black wood dash like the denali would look great.

I have had both versions in the 07 model (just picked up an 07 LTZ).  I did like the ruggedness of the LT3 Z71 but I did not need it 95% of the time.  The LTZ is the best ride I have ever had in a truck and the faux wood interior has grown on me versus the faux metal of the Z71.  The Z71 ride did not feel much different on the highway than the ride of a base Av.  The majority of my miles are long road trip vacations with some dirt roads to get to trailheads and campsites.  So I opt for comfort versus ruggedness.

My rain sense wipers (ignore if you are buying a new Av since they phased them out) actually seem to work and that is something generally not available as a common option on the LT3 package.  The heated wiper fluid is a common option added to the LT3 that comes standard on the LTZ.  The luggage rack also comes standard on the LTZ but you still need to add the crossbars.  Most of the LT3 Z71s I have seen have the luggage rack and crossbar options.  It seems about 50/50 for a LTZ to be equipped with crossbars.  Crossbars matter a lot to me for ski trips and such.

So it all comes down to what you are going to use it for most of the time. 

I went with the 08 LT3 Z71 I can say that the ride is very comfortable but I do here the off road tires with the radio off. But if the radio is on even at very very low volume I can't hear them at all. Maybe that auto ride takes care of the truck roll on cornering though with the leather seats I tend to slide a little in the seat when on the off ramp.

LornesAV said:
I went with the 08 LT3 Z71 I can say that the ride is very comfortable but I do here the off road tires with the radio off. But if the radio is on even at very very low volume I can't hear them at all. Maybe that auto ride takes care of the truck roll on cornering though with the leather seats I tend to slide a little in the seat when on the off ramp.

x2  (y)

after living with fake wood grain trim in my immediately previous vehicles for a decade or so, i found the fake brushed aluminum of the z71 in an ebony interior surprisingly refreshing

Im feeln the same way about the wood grain. not sure about the metal look. seems like there is quite alot on the Z71. I wish the Denali wood color was available.

So, has anyone went from a LTZ to a Z71. I really would like to hear some feedback on that. thanks :help:

Back