Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 175   Go Down

Author Topic: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 629232 times)

diabolikal

• Iced Bowtie
Re: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #4000 on: 11/28/17 07:01 AM »

Hey all, just got a new to me white 03 Z71 with 146k. Has a few issues that I'm currently working through with the help of posts on this forum.
03-Cladded-z71-White

Sonoma Mike

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
  • Chevy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: 11/28/17 07:23 AM »

Hello Everyone,

New member here in Northern California.  I'm a little late to the party as I just purchased a new to me 2006 2WD model.  I was pleased to find a very informative forum and a supportive group to share ideas and solutions with regarding this new truck.  I certainly hope that the server issues get ironed out, I would hate to see such a great resource go dark.
Mike

2006 2WD 1500 w/ lotsa options

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #4002 on: 11/28/17 07:27 AM »

:welcome: gang.

Hey diabolikal, what part of Ohio are you from?  There's a very active crew up in the Cleveland and surrounding areas.  I'm from Cincinnati.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #4003 on: 11/28/17 07:51 AM »

:welcome: diabolikal
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

EXT4ME

« Reply #4004 on: 11/28/17 07:52 AM »

:welcome: Sonoma Mike
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

diabolikal

• Iced Bowtie
« Reply #4005 on: 11/28/17 08:21 AM »

:welcome: gang.

Hey diabolikal, what part of Ohio are you from?  There's a very active crew up in the Cleveland and surrounding areas.  I'm from Cincinnati.
I'm down here near Portsmouth, about 1 1/2 hours from you.
03-Cladded-z71-White

frito

• "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #4006 on: 11/28/17 11:43 AM »

I'm down here near Portsmouth, about 1 1/2 hours from you.
Cool.  There's a get together every fall at Avalanche Pizza in Athens.  You need to join us next year.  Seems like there are a few more southern Ohio folks these days.  Maybe we could get a GTG going sometime.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

diabolikal

• Iced Bowtie
« Reply #4007 on: 11/28/17 01:21 PM »

Cool.  There's a get together every fall at Avalanche Pizza in Athens.  You need to join us next year.  Seems like there are a few more southern Ohio folks these days.  Maybe we could get a GTG going sometime.

Sounds good to me! I'd definitely like to try and make it out!
03-Cladded-z71-White

LoneWolfbd

• It's not over until the Wolf howls.
« Reply #4008 on: 11/29/17 08:58 AM »

:welcome: diabolikal to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4009 on: 11/29/17 08:59 AM »

:welcome: Sonoma Mike to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

buickwagon

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
« Reply #4010 on: 12/07/17 04:48 AM »

Hey, I'm in! Cool. I bought a nice black 2004 this past summer and have been trying to register here off and on ever since. For some reason I never got an activation e-mail, even trying several username/email combinations. Now suddenly I can log in without an activation e-mail. Weird. (note to the curious: my username is one I have used on forums relating to my Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, so if you've run across me there, then yes, I'm the same guy.)

Anyway, back to the truck: As I said, it was in nice condition, but needed attention to some details, most notably a new driver's side floor pan, new brake lines, new knock sensors and harness, new EVAP purge solenoid. I would like to thank those that have gone before and posted technical info about some of these repairs on this site. I couldn't post or see your pictures, but the info, particularly about the availability of the upgraded Delco brake line kit and the knock sensor RTV dam, were invaluable. I also found useful electrical info here when I installed an electric brake controller. (I took pictures as I went, but I don't know how many posts are required on this board to add photos and I don't want to push my luck now that I'm finally in... :D). Cosmetically, really all I had to do was get new DS seat and backrest upholstery made up by a local shop.

Anyway, I got it all fixed up, safety certified, near pristine and on the road before some jerk in the Home Depot parking lot backed into the DS rear fender with something sticking out of the back of their vehicle, cracking the taillight lens and putting a small dent just in front of it. ARRRGGGGHH!  :E: That'll have to wait for spring now though. The snow has arrived.

EXT4ME

« Reply #4011 on: 12/07/17 06:25 PM »

:welcome: buickwagon

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4012 on: 12/08/17 05:21 AM »

:welcome: buickwagon to the club.

Brian

olefolks

« Reply #4013 on: 12/17/17 08:09 AM »

Hello everyone.  Another new member that never got the activation email but I guess I'm in this fine club.  I have a 05 Z66 LT which I bought used in 06.  It had 24,000 miles on it when I got it and now it is fixing to turn  78,000.  Boy, do my wife and I love this vehicle.  I have not had a speck of trouble since owning it. 

I want to thank whom ever for allowing me to become a member

EXT4ME

« Reply #4014 on: 12/17/17 10:04 AM »

:welcome: olefolks

freezeradio

• VAROOOMMMMM.....
    • http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274675/1
« Reply #4015 on: 12/25/17 03:39 AM »

:welcome:
05' AV

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4016 on: 12/27/17 04:43 AM »

:welcome: olefolks to the club.

Brian

Injun

« Reply #4017 on: 12/31/17 05:31 PM »

Hello from Nebraska 04 z66 LT 132000 miles

EXT4ME

« Reply #4018 on: 12/31/17 06:45 PM »

:welcome: Injun

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4019 on: 01/01/18 01:06 PM »

:welcome: Injun to the club.

Brian

MrDingo2U

• Ingen frykt Ingen nåde
« Reply #4020 on: 01/19/18 09:29 AM »

G'Day fellow Avalanche Owners
(if you haven't worked it out yet I'm an Australian  :wave:

New to the group and thought I would introduce myself and tell you a little about how I became an Avalanche owner

Back in 2007 whilst living in Australia still I seen an article about the 2006 Chevy Avalanche in a magazine in a truck stop I had pulled into for the night. After reading the article and drooling over all the glossy Pictures of the beast I promised myself that should Chevy ever bring the Avalanche to Australia I was going to own one. Sadly that never happened but the dream never died...

Three years ago I came to the United States and loved it so much I decided to stay and the search began

a little over Twelve months ago I found her, big bold and black, low mileage and the perfect candidate to rebuild and start my pet project. She's a 2005 model Z71 fully optioned and was worth all of the ten grand I parted with to have her in my garage. over the last 12 months I have done several mods to her and when i work out how I will post some pics of my baby for you all to se.

Currently she has

Upgraded Towing Mirrors ( I pull a horse trailer and found the stock mirrors a little limiting )
Upgraded sound system with Back up Camera
2" lift in the rear sitting on Monroe Max Air Shocks ( makes for a nicer ride and sorts out the old Chevy Lean problem )
3" lift in the front to take a lot of the rake out of her ( wasn't real big on the nose down idea )
2" wheel spacers all round to increase the track and make her roll less in cornering
Custom LED light bar mounted to her Nudge Bar with some mods to the standard lighting to make her see better at night

Next I am looking at a wheel and tire package to give her some bigger boots from the standard factory mags (i'm thinking downsize to a 16" wheel and 285/75 16 to attempt to retain the same rolling diameter and give the wheel package a chunkier off road look

Anyway She's a work in progress and my Pride and Joy (wont even let the missus drive her  :thumbsup: )

So if anyone has any suggestions on wheel and tire packages sure would appreciate any input

Cheers for Now MrDingo2U   :thumbsup:
2006 LT Z71 Avalanche
Pioneer Head Unit Upgrade
2" wheel spacers
3" leveling Kit
Monroe Max Air Shocks on rear
Interior & Exterior Lighting Mods
Custom Light Bar wired to operate with fog and H/B lighting system
Cubby Customization's to fit additional accessories
Tow Mirror Package added
Fuel Pump and System replaced

Just an old fella realizing another dream come true after way too many years of waiting :)

EXT4ME

« Reply #4021 on: 01/19/18 01:12 PM »

:welcome: MrDingo2U

racer9

• 2002 2500
« Reply #4022 on: 01/19/18 04:47 PM »

Hello, obviously new member here.  Bought my 2002 black 2500 in November of 2001. I have pushed it to it's limits and love it.

EXT4ME

« Reply #4023 on: 01/19/18 05:00 PM »

:welcome: racer9

Sonoma Mike

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
  • Chevy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: 01/19/18 06:33 PM »

Welcome! MrDingo2U

Mike

2006 2WD 1500 w/ lotsa options
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 175   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 24 queries.