• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Craftsman Pro Floor Jack/Stands

silversport

SM 2003
Anyone recommend a good floor jack and jack stands???
I saw an ad for the next 3 days for the above Craftsman Professional Floor Jack/3.5 Ton and 2 Jack Stands for 89.99 after 10% rebate...usually on sale for $99.00 (I have seen it on sale for $109.99 before)
Anyone have any experience with Craftsman Floor Jacks???
I know you can spend more but do you really need to??? ;D :B:

silversport said:
Anyone recommend a good floor jack and jack stands???
I saw an ad for the next 3 days for the above Craftsman Professional Floor Jack/3.5 Ton and 2 Jack Stands for 89.99 after 10% rebate...usually on sale for $99.00 (I have seen it on sale for $109.99 before)
Anyone have any experience with Craftsman Floor Jacks???
I know you can spend more but do you really need to??? ;D :B:

I also saw that ad. I've had a 3.5 ton Craftsman for about 6 years works great. This may be a new model as the ad said something about it raising to frame level with one punp of the handle. Mine needs a couple of pumps to raise it that far.

I would only buy high capacity jack-stands. Stay away from the stamped type, IMHO.

I've got a craftsman floor jack, and a pair of heavy jack stands. Odds are they are not the same ones you are looking at, but... For the light use I give it, they have held up great. If you're looking to give it heavy frequent use you might want to look elsewhere.

My stands are welded steel frames with cast iron posts. The finishing work is spotty (welds could have been cleaned up better, and cast iron is rough) but these aren't decorative sculptures in the living room, they're tools sitting in the corner of the garage. For the price I paid 10 years ago, I happily put up with them not looking as pretty as a more expesive set could look.

My jack needs about a dozen pumps before it hits the frame...

-- SS

Back