• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Your Help Wi!

Biggie_hayward

Greetings!

I have been making many attemps to bring the number of active members up for the
wisconsin chapter. i've come on with a few things that really need some input on!

1. Tagging

Visual - Don't go out of your way to hunt down and hit a truck with a flyer.
Be reasonable, say your at the mall and you see 1 or 2 go ahead and throw up a flyer.
Personal - If you are a really good talker and happen to see a fellow av owner at the
gas station try going over there and introducing yourself as a member of the club and
give him a flyer. Leaving a good impression in person could lead to that person going home
coming on the internet and actaully signing up.

2. News - Media

I have been doing alot of advertisement for the WI Chapter Via Facebook, Myspace, Craigslist,
and paper whenever able to get a free spot.  Its small things like this that will help us grow.
For those people that go out alot to eat drop off some flyers or post one on a bulltin board there, remember
if you plan on doing this to ask a manager first. :)

3. Local Hotspots

By this i mean anything they do in YOUR city that may be a social activity like parade,  car shows, auto shows, anything related to automotive. If you want to try and make things work we need some help!! I say this because one person isn't able to do it alone in one area, we have many people all over WI who at one point in time would do anything for a huge GTG. i understand that we do have weather that say Texas doesnt so our GTG time frames are slightly smaller but thats fine!

Help us help you have a good time when we do have gtgs!

they key factor of gtgs!

* getting to meet new people
*enjoy activities with people
* communication over one common likeness. THE TRUCK!

Your Input is what im after!!! any other ways we can make this reg III grow i will do my best to help!

Thanks

Jeremy (y)

Good post and good ideas, don't forget to talk to your local Chevy Dealer, tell them what the club is about and ask if you can leave a few fliers in the service waiting room. Some dealer may even offer up some caps, t-shirts or other goodies for GTGs.

Butch

I've proposed the idea of taking the ferry across Lake Michigan with no success so far.

Michigan Avalanches invade Milwaukee might get thier attention  :B: 

Keep it going Jeremy. Heard from Jen lately? BlackChevy?

Flint4x4 said:
I've proposed the idea of taking the ferry across Lake Michigan with no success so far.

The problem with that would just basically be rather expensive for just a local gtg
Unless your able to get a really nice discount. See the hard thing about gtgs
Is making it reasonable being location and price wise. Then in this area
You have to fight with mother nature alot

Flint4x4 said:

From where Biggie lives (or did when he was living with his dad) he did not need to cross any lake to get to Milwaukee. As a matter of fact they drove many more miles in Wisconsin coming to GTGs here in Indiana than anyone from Wisconsin ever did (well maybe with the exception of Jen & Gary)   (y)  I am hoping that Jimbo & Biggie can GTG with Jen & Gary and put together a WWGTG in Wisconsin, I owe them and would attend if at all possible! ...................Hmm the Dells sounds great.............

Butch

blackchev said:
We now have a D&B's in Milwaukee. Maybe we can workout a summer GTG

'ya know we are having a WORLD WIDE CHEVY AVALANCHE GTG in July? We are trying to hold as many GTG's at the same time and connect up via the world wide web! If you can host a GTG let me know! Check my sig......

That is a good idea Butch (y)

Back