Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/17/14 02:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: best spark plugs  (Read 8073 times)
ckaminski74

Awards
« on: 03/25/10 07:24 PM »

i been reading on here for nearly an hour and havnt came to the best option

never gonna go forced nduction or use nos on this truck.  at most i may put a chip filter and exhaust on it and that about it.

that being said what would be the best option for plugs.  I read E3's = GARBAGE.  should i got platnum or iridium?  should i change any of the gapping when they come.

TY for any help

07 All Black, 20" wheels,  2% Tint  YUP its Black
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

We shall never forget.

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/25/10 08:34 PM »

Stock ones they last for 100,000 miles

2003 2500
Royal Vader
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

"Impressive, Most Impressive"

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/25/10 08:53 PM »

Stock ones they last for 100,000 miles

X2. Stay with AC Delco

David
2008 LTZ Silver Birch Metallic, 4X4, 5.3, 3.73
Ambers, Yakima bike racks, Molded splash guards, GMPP CAI, Flowmaster Super 50, 3" SI, 2.5" DO 4" Stainless Tips. EXT Roof Rack, OEM Nav upgrade, OnStar Gen8 VCIM (bluetooth) module

ckaminski74

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/26/10 07:03 PM »

ACDelco 41-985 what they seem to be saying mine is a flex 5.3

is that correct??

07 All Black, 20" wheels,  2% Tint  YUP its Black
lockcop

Big Blocks Rock

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/27/10 06:28 PM »

chevy Since my truck came with iridiums from the factory I put them in as replacements.  I went with NGK instead of Delco.  Can't tell any difference.
Vetman
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Just a beer knurd at heart!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/27/10 08:09 PM »

Yep, E3=Garbage.

NGK Iridium work very well and last a long time too.

Vetman

2011 White Diamond LTZ, Dark\Light Titanium interior, 22" wheels.
'09 Atomic Orange Z51 4LT Vette!
dfauerbach

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04/22/10 06:17 AM »

I run the NGK's in my BMW and they are great I was wondering the same thing for the avalanche, anyone that changed them prior to 100k were they worn and in need of change?
KS_Z71

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04/22/10 08:51 AM »

I run the NGK's in my BMW and they are great I was wondering the same thing for the avalanche, anyone that changed them prior to 100k were they worn and in need of change?

I changed my spark plugs and wires at 60,000 miles.  The AC-Delco plugs did not look worn or dirty to me; I'm sure they would have lasted to 100,000 miles, no problem.  I replaced the OEM plugs with NGK iridium plugs, but I did not notice any difference there.  So I'd agree with most of the others, you can't go wrong with the AC-Delco or NGK plugs, either one will be just fine.

I did notice slightly better throttle response with the MSD 8.5mm wires, but no difference in actual power or fuel economy.  But it did make the engine seem a little more peppy and perhaps smoother.

2004 Black WBH Z71 Avalanche - Ambers - Leveled with Bilstein 5100 F/Rancho 9000XL R - AR Chamber Teflon 17x9 Wheels - LT315/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac Tires - Modified Predator 87 Tune
Zim1

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 04/27/10 09:11 PM »

Replaced mine with Denso IR.  Great plugs and replaced wires with MSD 8.5 wires.  Love that combo.  Truck is real responsive.  Plus the low resistance wires took care of my alternator noise in the radio.
badinc1

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z-71 4x4

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 05/05/10 12:15 PM »

I'm running E3 sparkplugs and am not having any problems.
I also run Royal Purple from the frontend to the rearend [frontend, motor, trans, rearend] of my truck, and also no problems.
I just did a trip from New Hampshire to New York and back, doing 75 average speeds, and got 26 mpg average, on one tank of Shell regular gas.
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Bobby.

Bob
Luvmyavalanche325

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 09/30/13 11:51 AM »

NEW TO THE AVALANCHE CREW. I'M GOING TO CHANGE OUT MY SPARK PLUGS. THOUGHT ABOUT GOING STOCK WITH AC DELCO BUT I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I'VE RUN E-3S IN PREVIOUS VEHICLES BUT I SEE THEM GETTING ALOT OF BAD REVIEWS NOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS.
RevRichmond

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 10/01/13 03:13 PM »

I'm running NGK Iridiums in my modified Suby...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suby-Hawkeye-Low-Miles-FREE-GOODIES-1-Adult-Owner-Modified-Sleeper-UGM-WRX-/331034222786?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d132d60c2
Anyone use 'em in these AVs? Huh

Yes, I'm black. No, I'm not an ignorant follower. Yes, I fear God. No, I don't support or look like Barack Hussein Obama... .. .just sayin... ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: