• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

best spark plugs

ckaminski74

i been reading on here for nearly an hour and havnt came to the best option

never gonna go forced nduction or use nos on this truck.  at most i may put a chip filter and exhaust on it and that about it.

that being said what would be the best option for plugs.  I read E3's = GARBAGE.  should i got platnum or iridium?  should i change any of the gapping when they come.

TY for any help

Stock ones they last for 100,000 miles

:B: Since my truck came with iridiums from the factory I put them in as replacements.  I went with NGK instead of Delco.  Can't tell any difference.

I run the NGK's in my BMW and they are great I was wondering the same thing for the avalanche, anyone that changed them prior to 100k were they worn and in need of change?

dfauerbach said:
I run the NGK's in my BMW and they are great I was wondering the same thing for the avalanche, anyone that changed them prior to 100k were they worn and in need of change?

I changed my spark plugs and wires at 60,000 miles.  The AC-Delco plugs did not look worn or dirty to me; I'm sure they would have lasted to 100,000 miles, no problem.  I replaced the OEM plugs with NGK iridium plugs, but I did not notice any difference there.  So I'd agree with most of the others, you can't go wrong with the AC-Delco or NGK plugs, either one will be just fine.

I did notice slightly better throttle response with the MSD 8.5mm wires, but no difference in actual power or fuel economy.  But it did make the engine seem a little more peppy and perhaps smoother.

Replaced mine with Denso IR.  Great plugs and replaced wires with MSD 8.5 wires.  Love that combo.  Truck is real responsive.  Plus the low resistance wires took care of my alternator noise in the radio.

I'm running E3 sparkplugs and am not having any problems.
I also run Royal Purple from the frontend to the rearend [frontend, motor, trans, rearend] of my truck, and also no problems.
I just did a trip from New Hampshire to New York and back, doing 75 average speeds, and got 26 mpg average, on one tank of Shell regular gas.
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Bobby.

NEW TO THE AVALANCHE CREW. I'M GOING TO CHANGE OUT MY SPARK PLUGS. THOUGHT ABOUT GOING STOCK WITH AC DELCO BUT I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I'VE RUN E-3S IN PREVIOUS VEHICLES BUT I SEE THEM GETTING ALOT OF BAD REVIEWS NOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Back