• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NJ Inspection?

Hey Gary, He's a new member, (so I don't think he can P.M). also his Email is Hidden. :cool:
BoyznthrToyz said:
Anyone know if i can go to regular Inspection now that im getting My Av lifted 6 inches with 35 inch tires?  ???
Click on my Signature and I'll get you the info that you need. (y)#7

1st Chk NJ Lift laws: You will be safe with the 6" and 35" tire in NJ

Next NJDMV High rise Vehicles : You call and make a appointment at one of the 3 inspection stations here in NJ.
Then go.

It won't matter now........

Since August 1st all they check is emissions........I didn't even have to give them my locking gas cap key, cause after 2001 it's not a factor.......

Also all the MVC inspection stations now have cameras mounted over their entrances to give you an idea of waiting times - they update  every 3 minutes or so.....

Google NJMVC for more info

Total waste of time, IMHO.

Jake

Hello,

Just went thru Asbury high rise last month. They say my truck is max at safe height.
I have a 6inch Fabtech lift with 33. The guy there was cool about the whole 1hour 15 min. program.
Passed on one shot. They are gettn tough they say cause there is too many bad home made lifts coming thru.
Make sure you keep the form at the end in with your other paper work.
You need it next year when the next person starts to question your setup.
The number for Asbury : 732-869-8333.

Good Luck !

Tim

Anyone know if they are breaking balls for tinted windows (driver and pass front sides) when you go through state inspection nowadays?

Gota love Jersey inspections, I hated them when I was the in the Airforce.  R (n)

ronthehandymanga said:
Gota love Jersey inspections, I hated them when I was the in the Airforce.  R (n)

Yeah, I hate them too...  I had to mod my "all 4 on high" mod so I would pass inspection....  they have this thing against the fogs coming on at the same time as the high beams....

Troublemaker said:
Yeah, I hate them too...  I had to mod my "all 4 on high" mod so I would pass inspection....  they have this thing against the fogs coming on at the same time as the high beams....

I think that I'm going to throw them on a kill switch for inspections, of 5-0 stop...

timkatz71 said:
I think that I'm going to throw them on a kill switch for inspections, of 5-0 stop...

That's exactly what I did...  I got a pushbutton switch (not momentary) at radioshack, and put it in between where the 3 diodes go to the same place, and where they go.  Leave it in the "on" position normally, and turn it "off" before inspection.  switch is hidden under the cover for the fuse box under the hood...

I think that I'm going to hook it up to the head-unit, have two aux switch relays built into it, figure why not use them.

you need less than 24 inches from the bottom of the door to the dirt. Or you have to go to the tilt test.

Back