• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

04 Chevy Avalance Bose Amp

Gonzowarrior

I am adding subs to my av and i am using my high audio imput to get the sound to my amp. i was wondering what bundle of wires in the back of my stock bose amp has already been through the amp.  The wires on the passenger side or the driver side. Could anyone help me out?

I just purchased a new amp. I know it is in the center console..i can see it..My question is how do I get to it? Does anyone have some instructions for me or maybe a video? Any help would be appreciated. Haven't had music in forever!!

It's a pain you have to either unbolt the seats or remove them altogether.

Amp Removal

bethg64 said:
I just purchased a new amp. I know it is in the center console..i can see it..My question is how do I get to it? Does anyone have some instructions for me or maybe a video? Any help would be appreciated. Haven't had music in forever!!

Thanks for all your help! Wish me luck..still better than paying dealer $350 to install!

Your welcome it's a real pain to get it out then you have to take the console apart to get to the amp.

The seats has torx bolts and nuts so you will need some deep well(long) sockets

You can get to the back of the Amp without removing the seats easily.

Take out your Center Console Glove Box and Lid, its about 10 screws.
Remove the rear entertainment system bezel and cup holder.

Voila - Rear-side of the Bose amp with the wires/harnesses are right there.

Check out my Thread on Bose Amp Harness, I have wire colors etc listed.

bethg64 said:

One more thing: If your using the High-Outs to go to the Subwoofer Amp, then I suggest you Tap into the Factory Subwoofer Wires, rather than the door speaker outs.

The wires are located on the right side of the center console under where you remove the center console cup holder.

Back