• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 REMOTE START

dfauerbach

Ok I am having a little trouble, I have an 07 that was equiped with the remote start package from the factory, I swore I read on here all I needed to do was buy a new key fob with the remote start button and reprogram the FOB and end of story. Well I bought a new FOB and programmed it and it works great for everything but starting the truck. Did I miss something here or is there no other option that going to the dealer for a reprogram?

Are you programming the FOB through the dash panel..then holding buttons...waiting for beeps...ect...?? 

That should work if you do the steps right....is this a new truck? Has the remote start worked before?

TRY:

1)Try to reprogram FOB 
2)Make sure you hit the lock button first... then hold down remote start to activate.

GOOD LUCK 

its a 2007 I bought from a buddy of mine, the fob's that came with the truck did not have the remote start button on them. I read on here if the sticker in the glove box had A08 or something like that the truck was setup for it and all i needed was the remote. I bought a new remote on ebay and yes followed the steps to program it and it does work for the doors, it just doesnt start the truck.

Yeah if you have the right remote and it's set up on the truck just hit the lock button twice to get a honk/beep then press the half loop on the top of the key fob. Hold it until it starts up! (y)

If our truck has the remote start prep package you need to get programing at the dealer.   I bought the kit from GM parts direct and it comes with two keyfobs and a programing access code the dealer needed to complete the process.  I don't think you can use just any  fobs.   Took dealer 45 minutes to do it.   Good luck

ok that makes sense I'll try the button sequence again but guess I will need a re program thanks allot guys

Now that's its winter I'm noticing I seem to be having an issue with my '07 with the factory remote start.

It starts just fine, but no matter how many times I redo the sequence to add more run time it doesn't seem to run any longer than the initial 10mins. I don't even believe its running for the entire 10 either, seems like 5. I can immediately restart it when it shuts off.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem 

From this website's resources section with the online 2007 owner's manual page 99.......
"The vehicle can be remote started two separate
times between driving sequences. The engine will
run for 10 minutes after each remote start.
Or, you can extend the engine run time by another
10 minutes within the first 10 minute remote
start time frame, and before the engine stops.
For example, if the lock button and then the
remote start buttons are pressed again after
the vehicle has been running for five minutes,
10 minutes are added, allowing the engine to
run for 15 minutes
The additional ten minutes are considered a
second remote vehicle start.
Once two remote starts, or a single remote start
with one time extension has been done, the
vehicle must be started with the key.
After the key is removed from the ignition, the
vehicle can be remote started again.
The vehicle cannot be remote started if the key is
in the ignition, the hood is not closed, or if
there is an emission control system malfunction.
Also, the engine will turn off during a remote
vehicle start if the coolant temperature gets too
high or if the oil pressure gets low"

Hello all, newbie here. I just purchased a 2007 Avalanche and love it. The truck came with one key and a replacement key FOB, by Dorman that only has the horn button and the lock/unlock option. As I was going through the check mark button options on the DIC, I noticed it gave the option to turn off or on the Remote Start option. I didn't know it came with remote start. So I go digging through different sources on the old interwebs, and it appears that RPO code AP3 says the truck has remote start installed after all, I just don't have a key FOB with the option for RS. Can I buy an aftermarket replacement through Dorman and if so, will it need to be programmed by the dealer? Or Should I spend the cash and pay The General? The FOB is acting up, but when it works, the doors lock and unlock, the horn blows, but no button for RS, so I'm looking to replace the FOB anyway. Full disclosure, I'm a 33 year veteran of the aftermarket parts biz, I can buy a Dorman remote for around $50, and have been told by my GM parts contact that an OE remote would be around $90. Any insight? Will I need to pony up the cash for a program through the dealer?

Back