• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

does anyone have this sub box?

2k7avalanche

im looking to find out if anyone has this sub box and find out how much room there is between the box and the seat.. im needing a min of an inch. the pics do not show much of a gap. can anyone help?

http://caraudiofactory.com/022009-chevy-avalanche-cadillac-escalade-poly-p-404.html

thanks

I personally do not own that box, but i believe i recall someone owning it... it deisgned for the avalanche so i really cannot see a problem with there being room. That's just my view, I could be wrong, however.

I'm thinking about getting that box too. For two Kenwood 12's - Let us know how it fits & style of speaker you decide to use.

I just ordered the same box and it should be here next week.  I'll let you know how it works out.

good looking box. anyone know how these hold up? I just got one of the under seat ones and the middle vibrates and sounds awful.

DJ SHO said:
good looking box. anyone know how these hold up? I just got one of the under seat ones and the middle vibrates and sounds awful.
what under the seat one do you have? and where is it? i mean which side?

My only worry about that box would be the excursion of the sub hitting the back of the seat. Let me know how it works out.

Yea, im looking for a box just like that.. when you get it in and hooked up see if you cant get a picture of the distance from the back of the seet and the front of the box...also where are the terminals located at?

I am also looking at getting a box design like that.  You would have to get shallow mount speakers so that they would not hit the back of the seat.  As an example, kicker makes some.... Kicker CVT10.  I am looking to see if fosgate has some as well.  I would be buying this set up next week if everything goes well.  I cant wait to get some real bass into my truck!  I would be going with the 12's IF I can find a shallow mount sub that will work with .65 cubic feet.  That will be the hard part.

xoutofmyheadx said:
notice the mounting depth with this box tho, it's only 4in. the 2010 kicker cvt is 4-1/4.
this box's depth is 5.7in and it's .8cu.
http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-A192-10Cp-Down-Fire-Enclosure-Avalanche/dp/tech-data/B0013N0U8K/ref=de_a_smtd
Good catch, I am going to have a heck of a time finding something that will work.  I would love to find a set of 12's for the box that fits behind the seats.  I kind of like that one better.
EDIT:  Just found a similar box that allows for 5" mounting depth.  I still dont know if I will be able to find any 12's that offer that kind of profile.

You need a shallow mount sub.  Here's a few links to some I found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-PIONEER-TS-SW301-12-Shallow-mount-subwoofer-/360284153143?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item53e29be537#ht_3362wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-AUDIO-TT-12-800W-TRUCK-SHALLOW-MOUNT-SUB-WOOFER-/170438966542?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item27aef43d0e#ht_3398wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-2010-CVT12-CAR-12-SHALLOW-MOUNT-SUBWOOFER-SUB-/380251904150?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5888c79896#ht_2521wt_1139

I'm looking to get a new sub box in my AV too.  I have a single 10" in there just behind my drivers seat but it's a pain taking it in and out then I pack my DJ equipment in there for a gig.  What does everyone recommend? Behind the rear seat, or under the seat?

idealy i'd say get the midgate replacement but some guys don't wanna spend the money. if not i'd stick with the under the seat. you can get a box that has just as much room and it's out of the way. i've never heard a shallow sub before but from watching the youtube videos you can tell which ones hit harder than others, and with the shallow moutns i'd defiantely go kicker. unless you wanna spend alot more money on the shallow type R that's comming out soon. that is spose to be in it's own class. they've got 7 pattens going thru just for that sub.

Dont do the midgate.  MDF + water = waste of money.  Some are truck lined BUT its still MDF and its still prone to water damage.  A buddy of mine brought this up to me as I was about to buy one.  His buddy who works at one of those custom stereo shops has replaced several of those boxes due to rot.  Most of which were only about 2 years old.  I am glad that he brought this up, I like to have a nice box in my truck but not one thats going to fall apart due to poor design.

a rockford fosgate p3 shallow mount would fit in that box and you can also have .40 cu. ft. to 1.0 cu. ft for the box so i dont see why it would not be good for that box.  :D

red_johnny said:
Dont do the midgate.  MDF + water = waste of money.  Some are truck lined BUT its still MDF and its still prone to water damage.  A buddy of mine brought this up to me as I was about to buy one.  His buddy who works at one of those custom stereo shops has replaced several of those boxes due to rot.  Most of which were only about 2 years old.  I am glad that he brought this up, I like to have a nice box in my truck but not one thats going to fall apart due to poor design.

MDF is fine but you're are right, it sucks for water, but you have to prep it right so that it's not a problem. I've had a 15"box in a leaky bed for about 2 years now and have not had an issue. It's DEFINITELY damp enough to ruin a box and have the screws pulling out. That's why i hate when none owners do boxes for these trucks, because they dont actually take full precautions. :mad:

I did this..... for me its fine and even thou there 10s they sound real good, as far as water I haven't seen any,, but i saw a post where a member has a fix for that seal,, I wasn't able to find it, but if I do I will post it,,,,,

Attachments

• IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 588
Back