• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

stock radio w/o Bose 2002 Adpaters?

Michaelmiata89

hi,

just a quick question, I have a 2002 with a stock radio, with Onstar w/o Bose. Is this stock HU amplified or not?
I do not have a CD changer or separate casette player, just the head unit...
I'm looking for a wire harness to add a parrot MKi9200 to the stock unit...
I found a link, but i don't know if this will work for me...
http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php?PHPSESSID=1f682a4ee9dbb26eae2b58cc86ad1055

looking forward to your answers.

Michael

I assume you're looking at the QCGM-2MK? (That link only brought up the general page with none of the selections filled in.)

QCGM-2MK.jpg

It's hard to tell from that description. The stock 2002 radio system does have an amplifer, but it's really quite poor, and doesn't count for much. It's a small box mounted up behind the glove compartment. It's definitely not Bose. Read up on some of the stock amplifier bypass threads to learn more about it.

Looking at the picture of the cable, I'm not sure what connector is what. The small black connector on the right branch of the harness looks like it would be about the right size to fit the radio, but to work it would need to be a male and female connector. I'm guessing that's the connector that mates with the Parrot kit. The large grey connectors look like a male/female pair, where you would pull the cable off of the radio, plug it into one connector, and plug the other connector into the radio. The problem is that those connectors look nothing like the connectors on the back of the radio.

They do look similar to the connectors on the amplifier, however. They appear to be about the right style, and appear to have the right number of pins. But it's just so hard to tell.

I don't know what to say. I can't tell you for sure whether it will work or not. What's their return policy? Can you get it, see if it matches the connectors, and return it if it doesn't?

For reference, I'm attaching the electrical drawings related to the radio and amplifier, which includes drawings of the connectors themselves. Maybe that will give you some confidence that it's the right cable, or convince you that it isn't?

I wish I had a hard and fast answer for you, but I don't. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

-- SS

Attachments

• RadioC1.gif
    RadioC1.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 69
  • RadioC2.gif
    RadioC2.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 68
  • RadioC3.gif
    RadioC3.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 68
  • AmplifierC1.gif
    AmplifierC1.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 68
  • AmplifierC2.gif
    AmplifierC2.gif
    46.5 KB · Views: 70
Connector drawings were on the previous post, wiring diagrams are on this one...

(Click the drawing links to biggerize them and make the more readable.)

Attachments

• RadioSchematic.gif
    RadioSchematic.gif
    55.9 KB · Views: 69
  • AmplifierSchematic.gif
    AmplifierSchematic.gif
    63.2 KB · Views: 69
  • PowerSchematic.gif
    PowerSchematic.gif
    53 KB · Views: 68
Back