• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How to replace rear park assist sensor in 07 Av?

bryonstuder

Hi, I tried the search tool and came up empty...sorry if this is a common issue. 

I have the service park assist DIC message, and the dealer told me what sensor is bad...I just didn't want to pay the $480 to replace it yet.  Has anyone ever replaced one and is there anything like programming that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance,
Bryon

One thread only in the proper section please...thanks

bryonstuder said:
Hi, I tried the search tool and came up empty...sorry if this is a common issue. 

I have the service park assist DIC message, and the dealer told me what sensor is bad...I just didn't want to pay the $480 to replace it yet.  Has anyone ever replaced one and is there anything like programming that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance,
Bryon

hey i feel your pain i came over in this section with a similar situation.my shows up on the dash  saying"parking assist is off" :(
but $480. to fix it ??? i'll just leave it on :(

if you know which sensor is bad, should be just a matter of popping it out of the bumper and plugging in a new one..  the sensors are only about $80 - $120 depending on the dealer..

old-chevy-dude said:
if you know which sensor is bad, should be just a matter of popping it out of the bumper and plugging in a new one..   the sensors are only about $80 - $120 depending on the dealer..

your right i went to "youTube"type in my problem and it showed a  clip on how to change them out.real easy  (y)

what did the dealer charge you to troubleshoot? do you have it fixed?
I have the same problem, they are really easy to pop in and out, I am trying to locate the control module to troublehsoot but cant find it.

07 LTZ

Can anyone provide a part number for the sensor? I need to replace one in my rear bumper. Thanks!

Back