• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Who Do You Hope To Meet At The WWAGTG?

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
The WorldWide Avalanche GTG idea came about because of two factors, first this club was born on the Internet. It is the first club of its kind that started in the Internet and then moved out to host GTG's. Other clubs started by people of like interests meeting and hosting events (GTG's) and then later they moved on to the Internet, we are just the opposite.

The second factor was that times are a little tough on a lot of people right now. It is hard trying to get time off work, have the money saved up to travel and pay hotel expenses and everything else that goes with a National event. In the past the biggest reason many members posted for not attending a National Avalanche event was the distance the event was from them. No matter where you host a National Event it is a long drive for many members. So this year the idea was put out there for the WWAGTG and members have their choice of what GTG they want to attend and still be a part of a National Event. They can stay near home or travel as far as they wish. The plan is to all link up via the internet.......where this club started! Todd is working on that part of it so back to my question,

Who Do You Hope To Meet At The WWAGTG?

When you login to the site that is hosting our uploaded WWAGTG's you will get to meet and even talk with members that you have only typed to (or about) in this forum. You will get the chance to meet members from all over the world so who are you looking forward to meeting?

You do not need to be a Coordinator in order to host a WWAGTG and link up with everyone on the Internet. If you have a idea for a GTG it may be a good to run it by a Coordinator in your area but as it has always been that anyone can host a GTG! We are trying to have as may GTG's on the same weekend as we can so we all get the opportunity to meet members that we have chatted with here...........your WWAGTG can be a one hour event or a 3 day event, it can be as simple or as organized as you wish. Almost any good GTG idea will work for the WWAGTG. The more GTG's we have the weekend of July 23rd through the 25th the better and the more successful this event will be. So if you are up for it start planning your part of the WWAGTG now and we will all meet up in July!

Now you may wonder who I hope to meet up with on the Internet.................DOUGD, show your face to the world!! Get to a WWAGTG (no excuse this time)  >:D and get out there and chat with us! Maybe we should start a drive to see DougD's face at the WWAGTG? Hey it worked on YouTube for Betty White!!

I'm hoping to meet the cheerleader from Heros

HaydenPanettiere10.jpg

But I'll settle for all the officers in the club.

At lot of old friends that I met in the first few years/GTG's...

Z66Modder said:
I'm hoping to meet the cheerleader from Heros
She looks like my sister in law

I hope to meet as many Mods, Admins, RCs, CCs, and members as I can.

I hope to see as many people for the first time as I can that I have only talked with here in the past. Of course it will be great to see those again that I've already met in person!

If we are up for the trip we are thinking about attending the Des Moines WWAGTG. So far there are 10 Avalanche & about 25 people signed up. I have only met a couple of them so this is going to be a great one! .............still waiting on DougD, do you have your webcam? When are you registering you event? Come on we all want to meet 'ya!!  :love:

Butch

I'm hoping we get a few of the mod/admins to webcast in even if they can't attend an event... That's the neat thing about this approach!

See you all there.. or is that here?

Back