Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/23/14 01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front tires slip/ skid when slow turning?  (Read 5054 times)
sjr32

Awards
« on: 06/03/10 06:22 PM »

Just a question, my front tires will skip,slide when slow turing when there is some sand mud etc.  feels like it's in 4 wheel drive. Is this normal or is something wrong, would a bad ABS sensor cause this?  02  Z1R
Thanks
Steve in Ct
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/10 07:09 PM »

I need a little more detail are your tires sliding in mud and sand. Huh

2003 2500
sjr32

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 06/03/10 08:39 PM »

Say i'm pulling into a parking space and if there is some sand there i can feel the tire slip/skid as i turn the wheel. Like if it was in 4 wheel drive and you turn you can feel it. Not talking about both wheels, feels like it's just one catching then sliding/skipping. It's not a smooth turn, most of the time it's my driver side seems like.  Hard to explain.
Steve in Ct 
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06/03/10 08:49 PM »

Look at the glove box door and see if you have a option G80

Also when was the last time you replaced the brake pads.

2003 2500
HiHo Silver
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

Formerly known as "heavy_chevy08"

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06/03/10 08:50 PM »

What does your tire tread look like? I had that problem when my tires were wearing out!!

Do you have stabilatrac?
« Last Edit: 06/03/10 08:52 PM by HiHo Silver » Logged

2011 Camaro 1LT Victory Red w/Rally Stripes, Spoiler, 19" Polished Rims(current)
2010 Z71 Sheer Metalic Silver-Loaded!!!!-20" AR Rims, tinted all around, black bowties, and Corsa Sport exhaust.(Traded for above)
2008 LS Silver Birch(traded for above)
2006 Silverado(Dad's truck now)
2003 Malibu(traded for above)
sjr32

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06/03/10 11:53 PM »

Brakes were done not to long ago, pads and rotors. Yes it has  "G80" in the glove. Dosen't matter what tires i use i have summer and winter on 2 sets of rims. No clue if i have Stablitrac?
Steve in Ct
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06/04/10 10:18 AM »

Inside front or outside?
What brand tires do you have?
Size?

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
sjr32

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06/04/10 10:48 AM »

Outside of tire if thats what you mean?
Summer are 18" Sumatumo (spelling)
Winter (stock) Toyo Open Country 17"
Trafficman
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

I love CAFCNA

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: 09/01/10 03:36 PM »

Just wondering if you ever found anything out.  Mine has been doing it alot for the last couple months!
Didit
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 09/01/10 04:09 PM »

My personal opinion is its the crappy sway bar bushings and end links Chevy used, mine didit also, then a few months back changed to Moog polyurethane and now it does not do it, coincidence, I think not!

Didit

LornesAV

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 09/01/10 07:43 PM »

So can these bushings can cause inside tire wear. I am having trouble with three tires. I have rotated aligned and actually flip the tires so I could buy some time to figure this out. Two tire companies I have dealt with are like dumba$$#$ Talking to these guys I feel like I am  banghead  After 2000 miles the insides are feathering again. I would like to figure this out before I buy new.

Thread hijacked!

2008 Z71
Didit

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 09/02/10 12:42 AM »

that sounds more like an alignment problem.

Didit

Xx-007-xX

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 09/04/10 09:17 AM »

So can these bushings can cause inside tire wear. I am having trouble with three tires. I have rotated aligned and actually flip the tires so I could buy some time to figure this out. Two tire companies I have dealt with are like dumba$$#$ Talking to these guys I feel like I am  banghead  After 2000 miles the insides are feathering again. I would like to figure this out before I buy new.

Thread hijacked!

Same thing here, my tires are all chopping on the inside tread and I have rotated them in order to buy some more time, I changed the shocks, had the alignment double checked, even double checked the front hubs, everything is good but the tires are still chopping(meaning the tread in the inside of the tires are forming into bumps all the way around the tire.
I sure hope someone has the answer to this before I need to buy new tires, and subject them to the same wear.
LornesAV

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 09/04/10 12:59 PM »

that sounds more like an alignment problem.

Didit

aligned twice by two different companies, second company said off a little. He also said I could take it down the street and they would tell me it is off a little from what they did. I am lifting the truck today to check the wheel bearings but from what Xx-007-xX has tried doesn't seem like this will help.
I can let go of the steering wheel and it drives true, no vibration no anything. I am think the next step is two raise pressure to wear the inside till I figure this out. currently 32 may boost to 40. I think 44 is max. AV is a 08 LT3 Z71 with 18" Bridgestone Dueler AT tire and all tire are doing this.

Xx-007-xX

2008 Z71
Didit

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 09/06/10 01:18 PM »

if you alignment checks true then, I can only assume thats its a pressure problem, I run forty in mine all the time with no problems or uneven wear as of yet.  Knock on wood, lol.

Didit

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: