Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/25/14 05:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: StabiliTrak Reset Information  (Read 20254 times)
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« on: 06/16/10 07:41 PM »

If the system fails to turn on or activate, the StabiliTrak light along with one of the following messages will be displayed on the Driver Information Center (DIC): TRACTION CONTROL OFF, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, STABILITRAK OFF, SERVICE STABILITRAK. If these DIC messages appear, make sure the StabiliTrak system has not been turned off using the StabiliTrak on/off button. Then turn the steering wheel clockwise from the nine o'clock position to the three o'clock position. If this clears the message(s), the vehicle does not need servicing. If this does not clear the message(s), then turn the vehicle off, wait 15 seconds, and then turn it back on again to reset the system. If any of these messages still appear on the DIC, the vehicle should be taken in for service.

tboz1

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 02/15/11 01:31 PM »

dose this work for the 2002 ext??
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02/24/11 11:52 AM »

dose this work for the 2002 ext??
Do you have DTCs C0285 and/or C0286
old-chevy-dude

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/12/11 01:20 PM »

in my 2010, if I have my ultra-gauge plugged in to the OBD port after a battery disconnect then this will happen.

I have to disconnect the device, then the battery, then reconnect the battery and start the truck before plugging in the OBD device.

dealer tech told me this will happen if anything is plugged into the OBD (including a Tech 2) when the battery is disconnected.

avalanche10

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11/19/13 02:51 PM »

My 2008 AV (90K only)showed air bag off light on board first.
After around 2months, radiator was leaked and replaced it.
right after that problem the stabilitrak off lignt was on and start problem.
When I drove on a Hwy 120km with cruse, suddenly all gages on the dash board were freezed even I reduced the speed. but breaker and gas pedal was working. radio, power windows were not working but fan was working. After I arrived turned off the engine and tried to restart but no. after 3~4hours, I tried to restart and worked but this time window, lights were OK but fan, door lock, gages were not working. I drove back to my home and tried restarting but failed.
After that even no clicking when I turned on the key.

Finally, I towed it to a dealer and they replaced SDM/Connector which were terribly corroded under the driver's seat.
I do not understand why is is so corroded even it is under seat....
cost almost $1,000.
Anyway it could be helpful info for AV drivers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: