Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 199   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 998537 times)

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
Re: What did you do to your Avalanche today?
« Reply #825 on: May 15, 2013, 09:31:26 AM »

You could always install one of these: www.hendersonslineup.com go to pickup products, its the SS175 replacement idler arm, its a pretty stout setup, I've had it on my AV for the past 3 yrs, havent had a single problem with it, probably has 30-35K on it. Bit steep on Price $195, but beats having to go back to smaller wheels/tires. JMHO
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

Dluvr22

• CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member
« Reply #826 on: May 15, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »

You could always install one of these: www.hendersonslineup.com go to pickup products, its the SS175 replacement idler arm, its a pretty stout setup, I've had it on my AV for the past 3 yrs, havent had a single problem with it, probably has 30-35K on it. Bit steep on Price $195, but beats having to go back to smaller wheels/tires. JMHO

Thanks. The price is steep and it doesn't solve my problem.
I am only thinking of going to the smaller wheels and stock tires because the alignment isn't done yet.
It would be a waste of money taking it in for an alignment now and then having to take it in again after the idler arm, torsion keys and spring spacer install.

The tires on the 24 inch rims are about $300 bucks a piece and my stock tires are already trashed and will need to be replaced before winter anyway plus they cost less.

Therefore it just seems less expensive to go to the stock tires until I can make all the changes I need to make  to the front end and suspension geometry and then put the larger ones back on for the alignment. This way I don't ruin the new tires further
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z-71
Computer installed in vehicle. Rancho 9000 with MyRide controller. Krylon fusion on cladding. K&N intake. Dual battery mod to be completed soon............
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,124979.0.html

JohnnieMo

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • Calgary, Alberta
« Reply #827 on: May 15, 2013, 21:58:58 PM »

I removed the door mouldings, and the badging.  It left a disaster on the paint so I had to polish it with a medium cut compound and a stiff pad.  I'm probably 8 hours in and this is the result so far:
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4x4 (Black) -- SOLD
          -5.3L V8, Magnacharger, Corsa Touring, Volant CAI, Custom Tune, EBC Brakes, Towing Upgrades, 339RWHP, 371RWTQ
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500HD
          -6.6L Duramax with Allison.  Has taken over the bulk of towing duties from the Avalanche
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
1999 30th Anniversary Pontiac Trans Am (#1321)
          -Vortech Supercharger, 491RWHP, Countless Upgrades
2013 Tigé Z1
2005 Larson Senza 186 Bowrider

msroll

« Reply #828 on: May 16, 2013, 06:51:48 AM »

I put new plugs in the 07 with 110,000 miles. Good news was 7&8 looked good (no oil or fouling from afm) they weren't as worn as the other 6  ;D
Mike Rollins
97 2 dr Tahoe sport
07 Avalanche LTZ
08  Impala 50th anniversary

PuddleStompin

« Reply #829 on: May 16, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »

How well do they hold up compared to Rigid?

Personally I've tried some of the lower end LEDs and they burnt out in 8 months. I have about $2700 in Rigid lighting between my 2 trucks. That shows how much I trust their products. They've gone through Blizzards, sub-zero temps, submerged, been whacked by trees, and gone down some really harsh roads; and yet they keep on ticking, all LEDs still functioning, just a couple minor scuffs (I am referring to the two sets of Dually D2s I have on my work truck)

We have our Rubicon series lights on tons of different vehicles.  My business partners and i did a ton of sourcing prior to going into business to make sure all light bars were weather proof, durable and had the best LED parts in them.  Rigid and the other companies are ripping people off on the prices for these light bars.  I will be meeting with a couple members from the club this weekend at our GTG in Folsom to show them some of the lights.  I will have them post what they think of them on here after they see them in person.

The RDC 12" series i have on my truck currently have been through the snow in Lake Tahoe all winter and not a single problem.  We have a 40" on a Polaris razor which we drive the heck out of and it has been throw tighter spots then i though a machine could get through and not a single problem with our lights.  Our lights are mounted on rigs that race in KOH(King of the Hammers) and have placed which shows the durability of our lights.
2004 - 35" Toyo's - 2.5" Leveling kit -Cognito Parts- CAI -HD Tie Rod Sleeves-Pacesetter LT's & Y-Pipe- FF Dynamic Fans- Century 4l65E-Comp Cam-Frost Tune-GMT900 Brakes-Rubicon LED lights-14BoltSF

Dluvr22

« Reply #830 on: May 17, 2013, 11:27:10 AM »

Installed the Rancho RS5411 Steering Stabilizer...

Too bad it is only for the 2500.
I have seen posts where there are other brands for the 1500 so I'll keep on looking.
Computer installed in vehicle. Rancho 9000 with MyRide controller. Krylon fusion on cladding. K&N intake. Dual battery mod to be completed soon............

majorv

• CAFCNA 2016 Premium Member
« Reply #831 on: May 18, 2013, 12:11:20 PM »

Just picked up my Avy from the collision center.  Less than a year old and had to replace the front bumper (thank you insurance!) after colliding with a Lab who made the mistake of darting in front of us on a dark highway.  It could've been a LOT worse if we'd been driving  anything lower!
2012 Avalanche LT Texas Edition in Summit White, Rough Country leveling kit

Z66Modder

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Region V Area
« Reply #832 on: May 18, 2013, 17:46:07 PM »

Tore apart the ABS EBCM today to rid the ABS & Brake light coming on. It went to a constant state yesterday. Not any more as the solder fix worked. See the pics here:

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,134662.msg2020968.html#msg2020968

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster

ARMYtango

• Drink water and Drive on!
« Reply #833 on: May 21, 2013, 12:59:01 PM »

Did my first Plastidipping!

Decided to start small and plastidipped my power bar.....Now I am coming up with many other things to plastidip!  :thumbsup: lol
'04 Z66 WBH, AVS bug shield, AVS rain guards, BOSE sound system w/6-disk CD changer, 6 On-high, Sequential Bully fire strip, Amber DRL's, tinted SONAR Euro tails, Flowmaster 40 Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, dual pillar gauge w/ GlowShift 7-color Trans Temp Gauge, low beam 6k HIDs, blue interior LEDs, LED plate lights, LED puddle lights, Halo/Projector headlights, Sail Panel LEDs, rear airbags, Aries bull bar

Dluvr22

« Reply #834 on: May 21, 2013, 13:49:19 PM »

After doing even more research, I see that you are right.
Costs aside this is the best option for me.
Now to just find the funds.
Unfortunately I need an alignment soon or I will have to spend even more on new tires so I can't wait to get the funds.

By the way what about a steering stabilizer? Will that help at all?

Thanks

Chevylovex2

« Reply #835 on: May 21, 2013, 16:05:17 PM »

Did my first Plastidipping!

Decided to start small and plastidipped my power bar.....Now I am coming up with many other things to plastidip!  :thumbsup: lol
Spray or actual dip? They sell the dip here in a spray paint can. Looks great!!
1989 Chevy c1500
2004 Chevy Avalanche z71

ARMYtango

« Reply #836 on: May 21, 2013, 16:42:09 PM »

Spray or actual dip? They sell the dip here in a spray paint can. Looks great!!

Spray.
Only took about half a can....
I think I will do my bumpers next, then wheels.
'04 Z66 WBH, AVS bug shield, AVS rain guards, BOSE sound system w/6-disk CD changer, 6 On-high, Sequential Bully fire strip, Amber DRL's, tinted SONAR Euro tails, Flowmaster 40 Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, dual pillar gauge w/ GlowShift 7-color Trans Temp Gauge, low beam 6k HIDs, blue interior LEDs, LED plate lights, LED puddle lights, Halo/Projector headlights, Sail Panel LEDs, rear airbags, Aries bull bar

Chevylovex2

« Reply #837 on: May 21, 2013, 16:46:09 PM »

Spray.
Only took about half a can....
I think I will do my bumpers next, then wheels.
looks awesome. Had the same idea. I have 3 cans - my husband redid the bumper on his truck -- very nice. Wheels are my first project -- that is if it ever stops raining long enough!!!
1989 Chevy c1500
2004 Chevy Avalanche z71

ARMYtango

« Reply #838 on: May 21, 2013, 17:05:39 PM »

looks awesome.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:
I kinda like it too! lol

Keplinger_05

« Reply #839 on: May 21, 2013, 17:12:47 PM »

Today I installed led drl ambers on the avy. Really easy mod on the 05. ;D
2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 LT Bermuda Blue Metallic
Mods: Cherry Bomb Extreme dumped, FT led amber drl's, All-On-High

ARMYtango

« Reply #840 on: May 21, 2013, 17:43:31 PM »

Today I installed led drl ambers on the avy. Really easy mod on the 05. ;D

I have been having a tough time finding amber LEDs that do not state "Not for use as GM DRLs"  or something like that...

What did you use and where did you get them?

Keplinger_05

« Reply #841 on: May 21, 2013, 18:32:51 PM »

I have been having a tough time finding amber LEDs that do not state "Not for use as GM DRLs"  or something like that...

What did you use and where did you get them?
Not sure the brand name but I took a pic of it. These ambers work great and no issues. I drove around all day today.

Keplinger_05

« Reply #842 on: May 21, 2013, 18:34:33 PM »

Oh I also bought them at Autozone for about 20 bucks.

Didit

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #843 on: May 21, 2013, 19:04:45 PM »

Made a custom made horn button for my newly re-installed train horns thanks to the Michigan and Canada guys.   Soooo as you know the 13's don't have a lot of options to mount stuff like there was in my 03, so I had to get creative.  I was looking for some kind of plastic box to work with, I forgot to stop at the Office Depot yesterday, so on the way home I hit the Walgreens, in the school supplies section I found an eraser for chalk boards or dry erase boards for 2.49, hmmmmmm I think this might work, I got it thinking it was a three sided box with the felt pushed up inside, NOPE its perfect a closed box.  So I measured drilled cut and shaped and this is what I came up with!  Personally I think it looks pretty good.

Didit

74Rallye

« Reply #844 on: May 21, 2013, 19:19:03 PM »

I've had a noise that sounded like a bad wheel bearing since I bought my 02 AV a couple of months ago. I found the axle stub on the drivers side to be a little loose. I changed the diff case bearing and it was a little better for about a week and then worse than ever. So yesterday I pulled the front diff and and the carrier bearing were waaaay gone. Today I replaced the carrier bearings, case and extension tube bearings and seals. I must be getting too old for this stuff. I had a hard time stuffing the diff. back into place.

It's quiet now. So quiet that I can hear some kind of bumpety bump sound when spin the steering wheel. It sounds like it's coming from the steering column.

ARMYtango

« Reply #845 on: May 21, 2013, 20:08:54 PM »

Not sure the brand name but I took a pic of it. These ambers work great and no issues. I drove around all day today.

Thank you for the info!  I will look for them!
And they don't say on the package that they are not got GM DRLs?

I also see that you are getting the lens fog like mine...lol

Keplinger_05

« Reply #846 on: May 21, 2013, 20:28:18 PM »

Thank you for the info!  I will look for them!
And they don't say on the package that they are not got GM DRLs?

I also see that you are getting the lens fog like mine...lol
Nope I didn't see anything on the package about not for gm DRLs. Lol yeah I need to buy new light housings. That fog is a pita!

GoldBowTie

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Have you hugged your Avalanche today?
« Reply #847 on: May 22, 2013, 03:05:22 AM »

Pretty clever Didit.  :D
Av #1 2002 Onyx Black Z71  211 MONTHS of ownership (Oct 01 - today) and 68507 miles.
147 GTG's attended in: OH, WV, TN, NY, MI, Canada, IN, NH, KY, GA, PA, NC, IA, and MO.

Av #3 2009 Black LTZ  74 months of ownership (Mar 13 - today) and 148678 miles.
(124594 when bought)
25 GTG's attended in: WV, OH, PA, IN and MI

Av #2 2003 Yellow Z71 WBH  18 MONTHS of ownership (Sep 11 - Mar 13) and 9302 miles added.
(101764 at delivery, 111066 at trade-in) Traded for 2009
19 GTG's attended in: OH, MI, PA, WV

Dluvr22

« Reply #848 on: May 22, 2013, 07:40:15 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but I tried those on my 02 Avy a while back.
Bought them from Autozone too.
They will burn out.
In time some individual LEDs will start flickering and then shut off.
They don't say not for GM DRLs on the packaging but that does not mean a thing.

Z66 BUTCH

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • I love Dachshunds
« Reply #849 on: May 22, 2013, 07:50:22 AM »

Looks good Didit.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 199   Go Up

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.