Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 198   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 991917 times)

ohiobellboy

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • 2 Eagles
Re: What did you do to your Avalanche today?
« Reply #1325 on: December 2, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »

^thats on the to do list for me too ... .well mine just needs to be in the garage at night so i dont have to scrape windows  :4: that and only 7' tall doors the luggage racks hit the seals when i pull in and btw obb... my garage is a 2 car door and a single car door... i have pulled up to the single before but never tried to pull it in there so i feel your pain kinda  :laugh: except it is a pain to get 2 cars in the 2 car door  :E:
My antenna scrapes the door on the way in. I'm not sure of the door height but my 04 has a 3" body lift and higher TB keys along with the 33s. The bottom of the mirrors are 6" higher than either of our stock height avys. It's a tight fit for sure.
Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
2012 BMW 535i with XDrive

ms38w

• I AM the Scorpion
    • Scorpion Cigar Reviews
« Reply #1326 on: December 2, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »

this is #5 for my first avalanche  quarter million miles on her. This one took weeks to die, some surging and lower power events thrown in to confuse me....

factory pumps suck haha

Jon...you still use factory fuel pumps?  That surprises me.  You should modify a stock housing to accept Walbro pumps.
<br />\\\\\\\'02 1500 Z71, with a few mods...<br />408 Stroker, H2 rear end, 6-speed manual,side pipes, shorty headers,8-lug wheels, 1-ton T-case, custom drive shafts.

krazycarguy

• Chevy Technician
« Reply #1327 on: December 2, 2013, 13:55:49 PM »

Just bought a new toy for the avy. Should be here in a few days :thumbsup:
2008 Avy LTZ, Olympic White, N-fabs light bar with KC Apollos, K&N intake, LED sail panel bolts, LED bed lighting, LED interior lights, LED puddle lights, LED reverse lights, LED licence plate lights, LED amber emergency strobes, full time LED DRLs and LED Fogs, 2" lift, Powder coated OE 20" rims wrapped in toyo open countrys.

Torenhire

• CAFCNA 2016 Premium Member
  • Mostly harmless
« Reply #1328 on: December 2, 2013, 14:05:56 PM »

Catback and headers, woo
2003 Z71 WBH --- Dark Spiral Grey Metallic
Amber DRL, Broken Tailgate Mod
2002 Pontiac Firebird Base --- Black
Pacesetter Headers, Hi-flow Cat, Magnaflow Catback, Whisper Lid, K&N Intake, Murdered Tails
1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SE --- Solar Gold Special Edition
Restoration in progress

wyotonka

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • WyoTonka
« Reply #1329 on: December 2, 2013, 14:16:44 PM »

was going to do my wig wags tonight but it looks like i will be getting ready for snow ... calling for up to 12" by tomorrow  :E:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

ms38w

• I AM the Scorpion
    • Scorpion Cigar Reviews
« Reply #1330 on: December 2, 2013, 14:27:31 PM »

Quality time today.  Got down and dirty under her undercarriage... She spewed fluids and all sorts of good stuff all over me when I started wrenching on her...   :A:   Good times...good times...I think you call it "second base"  ::)    Gave her the Royal treatment and filled her back up with some Purple stuff  :4:  Yeah...she's raunchy...but that's the way I like her  :thumbsup:
<br />\\\\\\\'02 1500 Z71, with a few mods...<br />408 Stroker, H2 rear end, 6-speed manual,side pipes, shorty headers,8-lug wheels, 1-ton T-case, custom drive shafts.

Alaska_AV.

• living the cold life
    • photo documentary mod site
« Reply #1331 on: December 2, 2013, 17:43:13 PM »

Jon...you still use factory fuel pumps?  That surprises me.  You should modify a stock housing to accept Walbro pumps.

its not stock now.....but not the good stuff. I'm to cheep to do that.
First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru

brokenoak

« Reply #1332 on: December 2, 2013, 19:27:21 PM »

Got it inspected.
2002 Chevy avalanche z71.6" rcd lift, 16 eagle alloys with fake bead lock rings,35 nitto mudgrapplers Pacestter longtubes,magnaflow highflow cats,3" ypipe to 1/2 all way back,k&n filter,5%tint all way around,painted black cladding and grille,amber drl,rockford fosgate speakers and 2 12s,cobra cb, police scanner.
Many many more to come.

ms38w

• I AM the Scorpion
    • Scorpion Cigar Reviews
« Reply #1333 on: December 3, 2013, 06:01:41 AM »

its not stock now.....but not the good stuff. I'm to cheep to do that.

Too cheap?  With your skills I'm surprised you haven't built a bigger/better pump with old scrap parts you found lying around.  McGyver!   :beating:

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #1334 on: December 3, 2013, 06:22:46 AM »

put it in 4 and drove it to work... well there were times when it went back in 2  :4: :drive:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

RevRichmond

• Our temporary church website for The Apostolics of Tri-Cities.
« Reply #1335 on: December 3, 2013, 06:50:45 AM »

put it in 4 and drove it to work... well there were times when it went back in 2  :4: :drive:

Ditto. And I'm still getting to know how she handles in this white stuff. The threshold for loosing traction is much bigger than I'm used to; not to mention the countermeasures that it employs. It jerks it back into alignment with authority. :cool:
Yes, I'm black. No, I'm not an ignorant follower. Yes, I fear God. No, I don't support Barack Hussein Obama...just sayin... ;-) Acts 2:38 for LIFE.

krazycarguy

• Chevy Technician
« Reply #1336 on: December 3, 2013, 07:18:50 AM »

send some of that white stuff my way!!!! Please lol
2008 Avy LTZ, Olympic White, N-fabs light bar with KC Apollos, K&N intake, LED sail panel bolts, LED bed lighting, LED interior lights, LED puddle lights, LED reverse lights, LED licence plate lights, LED amber emergency strobes, full time LED DRLs and LED Fogs, 2" lift, Powder coated OE 20" rims wrapped in toyo open countrys.

Torenhire

• CAFCNA 2016 Premium Member
  • Mostly harmless
« Reply #1337 on: December 3, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »

Yeah Tonka, the heck man.

Share!
2003 Z71 WBH --- Dark Spiral Grey Metallic
Amber DRL, Broken Tailgate Mod
2002 Pontiac Firebird Base --- Black
Pacesetter Headers, Hi-flow Cat, Magnaflow Catback, Whisper Lid, K&N Intake, Murdered Tails
1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SE --- Solar Gold Special Edition
Restoration in progress

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #1338 on: December 3, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »

if it was up to me you could have it  :laugh:  the high for tomorrow here is 3°

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

JohnnieMo

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • Calgary, Alberta
« Reply #1339 on: December 3, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »

We just got a couple feet with a lot of wind.  It doesn't look bad, but this snow bank when into my radiator when I drove in to the garage.  But the truck is invincible with studded winter tires and 4x4. 

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4x4 (Black)
          -5.3L V8, Magnacharger, Corsa Touring, Volant CAI, Custom Tune, EBC Brakes, Towing Upgrades, 339RWHP, 371RWTQ
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500HD
          -6.6L Duramax with Allison.  Has taken over the bulk of towing duties from the Avalanche
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
1999 30th Anniversary Pontiac Trans Am (#1321)
          -Vortech Supercharger, 491RWHP, Countless Upgrades
2013 Tigé Z1
2005 Larson Senza 186 Bowrider

try again

« Reply #1340 on: December 3, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »

you must have bad or stock tires...my Cooper Destination A/T3's are very grippy and sometimes when you wanna play its not as fun...I was very surprised with the traction on ice which we have a lot of here since sunday and now snowing with 8 inches on the way. then the fun starts with below zero temps and expected more that 30 below wind chills ect for many days...jeff

Ditto. And I'm still getting to know how she handles in this white stuff. The threshold for loosing traction is much bigger than I'm used to; not to mention the countermeasures that it employs. It jerks it back into alignment with authority. :cool:

try again

« Reply #1341 on: December 3, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »

Jonnie mo I wish you could stop that below zero weather coming from your place next day or two..

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #1342 on: December 3, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »

our storm seems to be missing us ... only about an inch maybe as of right now.... only calling for 1-3 today and less than 1 tonight

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

RevRichmond

• Our temporary church website for The Apostolics of Tri-Cities.
« Reply #1343 on: December 3, 2013, 19:15:19 PM »

you must have bad or stock tires...my Cooper Destination A/T3's are very grippy and sometimes when you wanna play its not as fun...I was very surprised with the traction on ice which we have a lot of here since sunday and now snowing with 8 inches on the way. then the fun starts with below zero temps and expected more that 30 below wind chills ect for many days...jeff

You may have misunderstood, friend. What I mean is, in comparison to my '07 WRX, though AWD, and such a "better" (when dry performance counts) power to weight ratio, with performance tires, with no countermeasures; it's just a rocket, your driving skill and the worst that winter can throw at ya. Even a little too much throttle, and with all that torque it can loose traction in a second, if not wary. That's what I mean - in the Avalanche I can be so much more careless (for lack of a better term) and not fear paying the consequences since it's so much heavier, lower P to W ratio and it takes over when it thinks I'm mishandling it. Sooo.... I THINK we're on the same page. :-) Driving the AV in the winter is a vacation compared to balancing that turbo-charged machine.
Yes, I'm black. No, I'm not an ignorant follower. Yes, I fear God. No, I don't support Barack Hussein Obama...just sayin... ;-) Acts 2:38 for LIFE.

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #1344 on: December 3, 2013, 23:08:36 PM »

I love driving in the snow in 2wd  :4:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

Alaska_AV.

• living the cold life
    • photo documentary mod site
« Reply #1345 on: December 4, 2013, 00:29:14 AM »

I love drifting in the snow in 2wd  :4:

fixed that for you.
First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru

ms38w

• I AM the Scorpion
    • Scorpion Cigar Reviews
« Reply #1346 on: December 4, 2013, 05:18:48 AM »

wyotonka

• WyoTonka
« Reply #1347 on: December 4, 2013, 06:11:05 AM »

thanks  :laugh:

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

try again

« Reply #1348 on: December 4, 2013, 09:28:03 AM »

thanks for clearing that up .....we also have had wrx's for many years now my wife drives a '12 wrx and its is in the new purple color, the only upgrade we didn't get was the nav unit...we have dedicated 16" wheels and firestone's bliztec{I think that's the name} tires and they work awesome...bought them when we had the '09 and kept them for this car...she doesn't put a lot of miles on so they have good tread left...

You may have misunderstood, friend. What I mean is, in comparison to my '07 WRX, though AWD, and such a "better" (when dry performance counts) power to weight ratio, with performance tires, with no countermeasures; it's just a rocket, your driving skill and the worst that winter can throw at ya. Even a little too much throttle, and with all that torque it can loose traction in a second, if not wary. That's what I mean - in the Avalanche I can be so much more careless (for lack of a better term) and not fear paying the consequences since it's so much heavier, lower P to W ratio and it takes over when it thinks I'm mishandling it. Sooo.... I THINK we're on the same page. :-) Driving the AV in the winter is a vacation compared to balancing that turbo-charged machine.

PuddleStompin

« Reply #1349 on: December 4, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »

Brand new 4L65E and 2600 yank are going in today.... back on the road tomorrow.
2004 - 35" Toyo's - 2.5" Leveling kit -Cognito Parts- CAI -HD Tie Rod Sleeves-Pacesetter LT's & Y-Pipe- FF Dynamic Fans- Century 4l65E-Comp Cam-Frost Tune-GMT900 Brakes-Rubicon LED lights-14BoltSF
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 198   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 24 queries.