Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 198   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 991897 times)

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: What did you do to your Avalanche today?
« Reply #1625 on: March 1, 2014, 04:26:53 AM »

P265/70R17 Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Season.

I'll toss up a thread in the MODS: Tires & Wheels section with a little more info that will give me a place to report back on my experience with these tires as I get some miles on them.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2014, 06:54:30 AM by EXT4ME »
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

Z66 BUTCH

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • I love Dachshunds
« Reply #1626 on: March 1, 2014, 04:37:16 AM »

:thumbsup:

Z66Modder

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Region V Area
« Reply #1627 on: March 1, 2014, 05:43:36 AM »

Well yesterday was a sad day indeed.

It could have been worse though so I'm grateful for that.
This is the first time in all my years of owning the avalanche that it has ever been towed.

Don't beat yourself up, happened to me once in the 10 years I've owned her. It's just hard to drive when you have 0 gears available.  :E:

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster

avalanchedriver

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #1628 on: March 1, 2014, 09:53:53 AM »

Waiting for a replacement 4 wheel drive switch to come into my local NAPA. Started acting up yesterday, showing it was in neutral but still in 2H. Somehow overnight it managed to go into 4L and switch was unresponsive to change. Pulled fuse, let sit, reinstalled fuse and it let me switch back to 2H (heard it switch).  Pulled fuse and switch. Figures it does this day before we are supposed to get a foot of snow, better than the actual day I suppose.
06 Cladded Silver Birch Metallic Z71. Lifted and modded.

Blackcomb

« Reply #1629 on: March 1, 2014, 18:32:24 PM »

New pads and rotors on the front, injector flush and engine detail today. over all inspection turned up upper controll arms will need to be replaced this summer.
2008 Avalanche
2006 Grand Prix GXP (SOLD)
2008 Impala SS (SOLD)
2015 Cadillac CTS

mavericknj

• CAFCNA 2016 Premium Member
  • As the Avy goes rolling along
« Reply #1630 on: March 2, 2014, 19:50:42 PM »

Could not enjoy the Avy this weekend. A Honda Civic took out the driver side from the read bumper to the front fender. I hope the insurance company will cover the repair cost.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  :needhug:
13, LTZ Black, Sunroof,  DVD, Bose Stereo (w/rear ent),  Leather/Pwr Seats, Pewter Gray Interior, K&N Air Filter, Edge Evolution (CTS),  20 Rims, WeatherTech Floor Mats, 145 amp Altenator

Bassman Z71

• Wish Avalanche was here for 2014. RIP
« Reply #1631 on: March 2, 2014, 20:34:00 PM »

send pix's. Sounds bad!
2017 F150 Lariat, Blue, Max Tow, 3.5 EB, 10 Speed, 6.5" Box
2011 Black Z71, LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.42, Chrome Exhaust Tip & Handles, Integrated Brake Controller, Helper Springs, Oil Pan Heater, Bilstein Shocks 1.75" lift, Corsa CAI, AFM disabler, Blue Ox WDH: Sold in 2017 (Now F150)
2008 Metalic Blue, LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.08: Sold
2005 Black, Z66 LT2 2WD, HD Cooling, 3.73, Chrome everything: Sold
2000 F150 Black, Sport : Sold

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #1632 on: March 3, 2014, 09:32:27 AM »

Well yesterday was a sad day indeed.

It could have been worse though so I'm grateful for that.
This is the first time in all my years of owning the avalanche that it has ever been towed.

Kinda surprised you used a wrecker, I only use flatbeds. I guess it's either personal preference or what was available.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

2002blackedout2500

« Reply #1633 on: March 3, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

Kinda surprised you used a wrecker, I only use flatbeds. I guess it's either personal preference or what was available.

Yeah I think its more what's available. When my CPS went out they sent one of these to tow me home, luckily it started right up when they came and the tow guy just followed me just in case I died out. He did tell me that if the tow driver is not experienced these wrecker tow trucks can cause significant damage.

Well Dluvr22 hopefully you got home safely!

Snyder80

« Reply #1634 on: March 3, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »

Today I looked at Ava suspended in the air on a lift at the dealership with her guts thrown about all around her....   :'( :needhug:

Been a week in the shop with no word yet on how much longer...
2005 Silver Birch Metallic WBH Z71 (bought 1/14)
    Mods - Amber DRL (duh)
               Kenwood DDX8901 DVD Touchscreen radio
               SiriusXM SXV200 tuner
               Accele RVC1150T rear view camera

2 previous Av's -
2004 Silver Birch Z71 & 2004 Victory Red WBH Z71

krazycarguy

• Chevy Technician
« Reply #1635 on: March 3, 2014, 14:34:02 PM »

Today I looked at Ava suspended in the air on a lift at the dealership with her guts thrown about all around her....   :'( :needhug:

Been a week in the shop with no word yet on how much longer...

whats wrong with her?
2008 Avy LTZ, Olympic White, N-fabs light bar with KC Apollos, K&N intake, LED sail panel bolts, LED bed lighting, LED interior lights, LED puddle lights, LED reverse lights, LED licence plate lights, LED amber emergency strobes, full time LED DRLs and LED Fogs, 2" lift, Powder coated OE 20" rims wrapped in toyo open countrys.

Snyder80

« Reply #1636 on: March 3, 2014, 14:59:41 PM »

whats wrong with her?

My saga is detailed here:

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,142316.0.html

The short story, she is misfiring on deceleration. They ended up tearing the entire top of the motor apart.

While underneath I noticed gear oil on underside of the bed... Turns out the pinion seal went out thanks to a bad pinion bearing and two bad axle bearings.

The dealership found the water pump is leaking.

They also found a leaking axle seal on the front diff

The extended warranty company sent an inspector out today. Should hear tomorrow if it's covered and what my portion will be if it is...
2005 Silver Birch Metallic WBH Z71 (bought 1/14)
    Mods - Amber DRL (duh)
               Kenwood DDX8901 DVD Touchscreen radio
               SiriusXM SXV200 tuner
               Accele RVC1150T rear view camera

2 previous Av's -
2004 Silver Birch Z71 & 2004 Victory Red WBH Z71

Dluvr22

• CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member
« Reply #1637 on: March 3, 2014, 20:04:49 PM »

Yeah I hated it but after waiting from 11:45 AM to 7:30 PM when he finally showed up, I was just happy he had the dolly to lift the rear wheels off the ground
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z-71
Computer installed in vehicle. Rancho 9000 with MyRide controller. Krylon fusion on cladding. K&N intake. Dual battery mod to be completed soon............
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,124979.0.html

Blackcomb

« Reply #1638 on: March 4, 2014, 14:00:42 PM »

tried out the new polisher and 3M compounds on the hood today, turned out like liquid candy in the sun.
2008 Avalanche
2008 Impala SS (SOLD)
2015 Cadillac CTS

2002blackedout2500

« Reply #1639 on: March 4, 2014, 15:02:40 PM »

tried out the new polisher and 3M compounds on the hood today, turned out like liquid candy in the sun.

niiiice!  :thumbsup:

avalanchedriver

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #1640 on: March 4, 2014, 17:17:24 PM »

Dropped her off at the dealer to replace encoder motor sensor. Then they couldn't get the tech 2 to communicate with the T case to program the new sensor. It would communicate with ECM but throw an error code when it got to the t case, and they did pull the radio fuse. Tech was complaining about all the aftermarket stuff I have and this is why GM doesn't want all this stuff added on. (Eye roll). So apparently after a call to Detroit they figured out what the issue was and got the sensor working. I'll find out tomorrow what the issue and fix was when I pick it up, have to work tonight.

Complaining about mods was a little irritating, I have an aftermarket audio system wired in with adapters, a viper remote start with starter kill, dual battery with simple ignition controlled isolator, custom tune which was reverted back to stock for service and a lift, gears and tires. Never had a problem with Tech 2 communication before. I understand he doesn't know what is wired where outside gm schematics, but I can't be the first vehicle he has worked on with some of the above mods. This particular tech has worked on my work vehicle which has way more aftermarket electronics installed then my truck.

06 Cladded Silver Birch Metallic Z71. Lifted and modded.

Apocalanche

• Only limited by time and money!
« Reply #1641 on: March 9, 2014, 18:50:46 PM »

Today was the first day of "Spring" like weather in a few months and I got to put some time into my truck.

Upgraded the 7 pin trailer hitch plug and installed Line of Fire and Ice.
Waiting on the Dash cams to get here so I can permanently install them along with my Bully Dog, radar detector, and wigwags.

Also, I've owned the truck for 3 months now - driven almost daily - and just today I discovered it had an ash tray ... and I'm a smoker.
Beings as I don't use the ashtray, trying to decide how I can better utilize that space. Maybe a slide-out switch panel?

gbert2006

« Reply #1642 on: March 9, 2014, 20:05:10 PM »

Today I installed new iridium plugs and new wires. Smoothed the idle up just a bit and my mpgs seem to have gotten quiet a bit better on my afternoon cruise. At 71900miles I figured I'd go ahead and tune her up. I feel it was well worth it. Plus 3 of the plugs looked a bit worn. That passenger side plug closest to the firewall wasn't as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be...it took me about 45mins to complete the job. Not to shabby.  :B:
2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
20'' MB Wheels (TKO) Matte Black
Locking Lugs
20% Tint All Around
Weather Tech Floor Mats
K&N Cold Air 57-3058
Magnaflow Exhaust
AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs
Bosch Performance Plug Wires (RED)

naylor99

• Charter Member
  • "The future is not what it used to be" A C Clarke
« Reply #1643 on: March 9, 2014, 20:06:42 PM »

Also, I've owned the truck for 3 months now - driven almost daily - and just today I discovered it had an ash tray ... and I'm a smoker.
Beings as I don't use the ashtray, trying to decide how I can better utilize that space. Maybe a slide-out switch panel?

Do you smoke in the truck? If so, start using your ash tray. (starting rant here) I really hate seeing folks flip their butts out the window along the highway.  :E: Sorry, but I'm being serious. I used to smoke, and I know how easy it is not not think about it, and pretend it isn't trash. But it is. You wouldn't throw trash out the window, right? (end of rant) If not, a slide out switch panel sounds great!
2013 BLK/BLK 4WD LTZ : Ambers, BedRug, EZ Down, LED bed lights, Maglite Mod, Brushed Alum/Black vinyl interior upgrade, puddle light projectors, LED hitch step, more to come...
2005 Victory Red/Tan WBH Z66 (Sold)
2003 White (long gone)
Member 163, joined 2/15/02

Apocalanche

• Only limited by time and money!
« Reply #1644 on: March 9, 2014, 21:21:35 PM »

Do you smoke in the truck? If so, start using your ash tray. (starting rant here) I really hate seeing folks flip their butts out the window along the highway.  :E: Sorry, but I'm being serious. I used to smoke, and I know how easy it is not not think about it, and pretend it isn't trash. But it is. You wouldn't throw trash out the window, right? (end of rant) If not, a slide out switch panel sounds great!

I police my butts (and my brass).

naylor99

• Charter Member
  • "The future is not what it used to be" A C Clarke
« Reply #1645 on: March 9, 2014, 21:39:36 PM »

I police my butts (and my brass).

:thumbsup: Great! And thanks!
2013 BLK/BLK 4WD LTZ : Ambers, BedRug, EZ Down, LED bed lights, Maglite Mod, Brushed Alum/Black vinyl interior upgrade, puddle light projectors, LED hitch step, more to come...
2005 Victory Red/Tan WBH Z66 (Sold)
2003 White (long gone)
Member 163, joined 2/15/02

CaptnKirk

« Reply #1646 on: March 10, 2014, 18:42:45 PM »

I couldn't pass up the nice weather here today...so I replaced the drivers door window regulator. And it wasn't near as difficult as I thought it was going to be, besides, I wasn't going to pay the dealership what they wanted to fix it...close to $200. Now I have a drivers window that goes down again!!  :thumbsup:

I also ordered parts I need to repair the front end from when I hit that deer.
Front fascia, pair of headlights, pair of turn signals and pair of fog lights...$449, free shipping.  :thumbsup:

Aaaannddd now we are expecting more snow...yay.  :E:

Tuesday
A chance of showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 42. West northwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then snow. Low around 23. North northeast wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Wednesday
Snow before 4pm. High near 23. Blustery, with a north wind 17 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Captn---
2002 Summit White Z71; FT Amber LED DRLs, Eagle Eyes LED tails, Sylvania SilverStar zXe lows & highs, LED interiors, 50W Cree LED Projector Switchbacks, Pilot Xenon fogs, 22" 120 Watt LED Off-Road light bar, 4x Kenwood 2-ways.

Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in my Avalanche than on a bus.

Blackcomb

« Reply #1647 on: March 10, 2014, 19:22:10 PM »

R and R'd the sail panels, I will say I was skeptical until I started applying it, now I am a believer.
2008 Avalanche
2008 Impala SS (SOLD)
2015 Cadillac CTS

ms38w

• I AM the Scorpion
    • Scorpion Cigar Reviews
« Reply #1648 on: March 11, 2014, 07:27:25 AM »

R and R'd the sail panels, I will say I was skeptical until I started applying it, now I am a believer.

Then I saw her face...Now I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried...

:beating:     sorry
<br />\\\\\\\'02 1500 Z71, with a few mods...<br />408 Stroker, H2 rear end, 6-speed manual,side pipes, shorty headers,8-lug wheels, 1-ton T-case, custom drive shafts.

Blackcomb

« Reply #1649 on: March 11, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »

No need to apologize, it fit perfectly.
2008 Avalanche
2008 Impala SS (SOLD)
2015 Cadillac CTS
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 198   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 24 queries.