Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/18/17 01:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181] 182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 746421 times)
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #4500 on: 06/08/17 09:52 pm »

Lol,  Big laughter with tears  pretty sure that's not the same theory used by Chevy engineers when they designed it.

It's a pretty complicated part to only cost 10 bucks.

2003 2500
old skool

Awards
« Reply #4501 on: 06/15/17 08:02 pm »

Cleaned and oiled my K&N filter, changed the oil and filter, washed and vacuumed.

Ebony 2007 LS
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4502 on: 06/15/17 09:07 pm »

That's on my to do list also, just waiting for the pollen season to end. It looks like it's snowing the little tree seeds.

2003 2500
spidey

"On the Ranch" by Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Awards
« Reply #4503 on: 06/16/17 08:19 am »

I got hosed on an air filter from the dealership.  I knew I needed one, and they are usually the same price as the auto parts store, about $28.  Since I was in for an oil change, I asked if I could get one, not installed, just add it to the bill.  She said, we will just install it for free.  Ok, fine, why not, as long as its free.  Go to pick it up, $52 for an air filter.  I asked, thought the install was free,  She said it was, we are using new filters with longer pleats, so they are more expensive.

I knew I should of just said no when they "offered"  Becaue if I went to get the filter myself in the parts department, I would of seen the new price, not of gotten it, and then just got one at an auto parts store.

Silver Ice 2012 LT - Bought June 9, 2012, 240kms

Chrome antenna Chrome AVS bug/rock hood guard
DeeZee tailgate assist hydraulic LED Hitch step
Console organizer Weathertech window vent visors (smoke)
Weathertech floormats (front & rear) Embossed chrome door sill plates
Putco Liquid Spider Web grill insert Chrome lettered license plate frame
Bowtie license plate cover Helo rims/Goodyear Wranglers
Putco tail light chrome trim Chev stamped muffler tip
Bushwacker fender flares Gatorback mud flaps
4x4dreamer
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Have you checked your local GTG thread?

WWW Awards
« Reply #4504 on: 06/20/17 07:22 am »

I got hosed on an air filter from the dealership.  I knew I needed one, and they are usually the same price as the auto parts store, about $28.  Since I was in for an oil change, I asked if I could get one, not installed, just add it to the bill.  She said, we will just install it for free.  Ok, fine, why not, as long as its free.  Go to pick it up, $52 for an air filter.  I asked, thought the install was free,  She said it was, we are using new filters with longer pleats, so they are more expensive.

I knew I should of just said no when they "offered"  Becaue if I went to get the filter myself in the parts department, I would of seen the new price, not of gotten it, and then just got one at an auto parts store.

Oh man...  Shocked That sucks  Sad

Have you heard???  The 2017 National and Avalanche Family is coming to STI..
Click Banner Above for More Info
ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #4505 on: 06/20/17 04:25 pm »

Sold the beater. Maybe in a few years I'll find another one but the way this weather up here tears them apart, I doubt it.

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
2012 BMW 535i with XDrive
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4506 on: 06/20/17 06:47 pm »

From 3 to none OBB, I know you have had a lot of problems with rust.
Mine is doing pretty good considering where it spent most of its time.

2003 2500
ohiobellboy

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #4507 on: 06/20/17 07:50 pm »

From 3 to none OBB, I know you have had a lot of problems with rust.
Mine is doing pretty good considering where it spent most of its time.
It's a sad damn day when you can buy a $70k car used at 5 years old for less than you can a $50k truck the same age that has more miles on it and is already starting to rust.   Angry

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4508 on: 06/21/17 09:50 am »

I wonder what the heck is causing it. Is there a lot of industry down there or are they still using road salt

2003 2500
frito

"I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"

Awards
« Reply #4509 on: 06/21/17 11:25 am »

I wonder what the heck is causing it. Is there a lot of industry down there or are they still using road salt
I assume it's the same as Cincinnati, only worse since he's further north.  Anyway, Brine.  LOTS and LOTS and LOTSSSS of Brine as a pretreatment on any possible forecast of snow.  Stuff is NASTY.  One of the shops that replaced some of my brake lines said he had only replaced maybe two or three brake lines in his first many years of business.  He replaces at lest a half dozen a year since they started using brine.

Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...
Handmedown04

Awards
« Reply #4510 on: 06/21/17 12:00 pm »

Not sure what it is, but they spray something on the road salt up here in WI. I was told by a county worker that it is so costic that they have to flush the lines every time they go back to the refill site. If they leave it in the ligns it will ruin them. Just think what that does to our cars and trucks.
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4511 on: 06/21/17 01:09 pm »

I did notice the state was spraying something on the freeway curves and ramps last winter. The county does use salt on the main roads, but it's useless if the temp is lower than 25F. City uses dirt or sand. All of them use plows before.

2003 2500
frito

Awards
« Reply #4512 on: 06/21/17 02:16 pm »

I did notice the state was spraying something on the freeway curves and ramps last winter. The county does use salt on the main roads, but it's useless if the temp is lower than 25F. City uses dirt or sand. All of them use plows before.
Not sure what it is, but they spray something on the road salt up here in WI. I was told by a county worker that it is so costic that they have to flush the lines every time they go back to the refill site. If they leave it in the ligns it will ruin them. Just think what that does to our cars and trucks.
That right there my friends is the Brine I mentioned.  Nasty, nasty stuff that is causing the earlier demise of our rides.  It's a pre-treatment they put down before it snows.

Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...
spidey

Awards
« Reply #4513 on: 06/22/17 09:18 am »

Found out yesterday that Oct 2016 On star basic is free for any Chev vehicle 2011 or newer.  Just have to re-activate.

hey. thats great, lets try it out again.   Hmm wont work, just "rings busy"

Call On Star, I need a hardware upgrade for 4G, since the old hardware is 2G.  Cost, $375

Oh, no thanks then.  While I found On Star handy, havent used it since Jan 2013.

So give it a shot, just press On Star twice.  If it just rings busy, you have 2G, if you talk to someone, you have 4G

Have fun

MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4514 on: 06/22/17 08:08 pm »

Hummmm I see another mod coming up.

2003 2500
Wickman

Awards
« Reply #4515 on: 06/23/17 03:26 pm »

Finally got around to washing the Avalanche today.  I was in Eastern Washington a couple weekends ago for the hydroplane races and driving home the bugs were so thick I thought it was snowing.

I am a rescue diver for the Region 10 hydroplane races but that weekend I was also a driver.  My wife bought me a slot in the APBA driving school for my birthday.  I got to drive a 5 litre hydroplane, running around 115 in the straights.

Getting ready
http://imgur.com/USltLP0

Had to sit in the boat about 45 minutes because one of the flatbottoms barrel rolled the heat before me.
http://imgur.com/v7eBFao

Heading out
http://imgur.com/wiLQ2gp

MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4516 on: 06/23/17 04:37 pm »

That looks like fun Wickman

2003 2500
JVZL1

Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY

Awards
« Reply #4517 on: 06/24/17 10:59 pm »

I pulled the trigger on Thursday. It arrived today and I installed it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-BUY-REPLACEMENT-CUSTOM-CARBON-FIBER-ESCALADE-IPC-CLUSTER-RED-BLACK-NEEDLES-/272542666730?vxp=mtr&hash=item3f74cf0fea

'03 Z71 Dark Gray Cladded
Bug Visor,Floormats;Full Time Amber DRL's; Rear Head Rest Mod; INJEN Tuned Air Intake;MSD wires;ALL ON HIGH;Grippin Billet tailgate handle Magnum black;EBC Brakes;RS9000XL Shocks;Moog Steering Stabilizer;HP Tune From Superwagon;Dual Batteries;Painless 40120 Digital Power Manager; FF Dynamics Electric Fans; DynoMax VT;
JV
frito

Awards
« Reply #4518 on: 06/25/17 08:01 am »

Got new shoes for Bumblebee on Thursday before we head out for little trip to Brown County, IN.  The old one were so bad I had to use Auto 4WD just to drive in a drizzle.   Shocked:  In an effort to keep costs down I opted for OEM size Kumho Road Venture AT51.  I new nothing about them as the BF Goodrich A/T has always been my go to truck/SUV tire.  The reviews on multiple sites were very good so I opted for them to keep costs down.  So far, so good.  I really like the tires.  Aggressive enough that I could run these instead of my snow tires in the winter if I decide and did very well in the heavy rains over the weekend.

Even though I wasn't expecting much of a difference with all the issues I've been encountering I went ahead and opted for an alignment.  So far so good on that front too.  The wobble at 70 mph is virtually gone.  Let's see how long it lasts.

Oh, and also filled the rear differential.  It is leaking like a sieve and down about 3/4 quart.  
« Last Edit: 06/25/17 09:09 am by frito » Logged

spidey

Awards
« Reply #4519 on: 06/27/17 08:35 am »

Installed a new battery.  Still had the original from 5 years ago and could tell when starting it was going.  Had a load test and confirmed it was end of life.  Got one at Costco.  Install was ok, minus the fact the battery didnt have a top handle or anything, so had to lift from the bottom.  Crappy angle and hurt my back.  Costco one had a top handle so install back in was a breeze.

Cranked it on and you could tell it was a new battery.  More CCA then the original, and about $50 cheaper than factory

frito

Awards
« Reply #4520 on: 07/01/17 09:33 am »

Got new shoes for Bumblebee on Thursday before we head out for little trip to Brown County, IN.  The old one were so bad I had to use Auto 4WD just to drive in a drizzle.   Shocked:  In an effort to keep costs down I opted for OEM size Kumho Road Venture AT51.  I new nothing about them as the BF Goodrich A/T has always been my go to truck/SUV tire.  The reviews on multiple sites were very good so I opted for them to keep costs down.  So far, so good.  I really like the tires.  Aggressive enough that I could run these instead of my snow tires in the winter if I decide and did very well in the heavy rains over the weekend.

Even though I wasn't expecting much of a difference with all the issues I've been encountering I went ahead and opted for an alignment.  So far so good on that front too.  The wobble at 70 mph is virtually gone.  Let's see how long it lasts.

Oh, and also filled the rear differential.  It is leaking like a sieve and down about 3/4 quart.  
I wish Murphy didn't like hanging around me so much.  Went outside this morning to a right front flat.  I haven't driven it since Saturday so who knows what happened.

PerfectReign
CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request

WWW Awards
« Reply #4521 on: 07/03/17 01:46 pm »

Okay, time finally came to put the old ugly California license plates to rest. When I bought my Malibu in November, I ordered yellow on black plates. These are the old style before I was born, but look cool, IMO.

So, when my 10th registration renewal for the AV came up, I ordered black plates also. Love the look.

Old style:

New style:

The new look on both vehicles:

2006 WBH2016 Malibu Hybrid
ohiobellboy

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #4522 on: 07/03/17 04:43 pm »

Okay, time finally came to put the old ugly California license plates to rest. When I bought my Malibu in November, I ordered yellow on black plates. These are the old style before I was born, but look cool, IMO.

So, when my 10th registration renewal for the AV came up, I ordered black plates also. Love the look.

Old style:

New style:

The new look on both vehicles:

I like it.  Thumbs up!

4x4dreamer
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Have you checked your local GTG thread?

WWW Awards
« Reply #4523 on: 07/05/17 08:01 am »

I wish Murphy didn't like hanging around me so much.  Went outside this morning to a right front flat.  I haven't driven it since Saturday so who knows what happened.

That has happened to me before, it almost always ends up being the valve stem in my experience. They are a good looking tire for sure!

Have you heard???  The 2017 National and Avalanche Family is coming to STI..
Click Banner Above for More Info
PerfectReign
CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request

WWW Awards
« Reply #4524 on: 07/05/17 04:15 pm »

I like it.  Thumbs up!
Thank you! I've wanted the black plates and got them with the new Malibu. I was waiting for the AV to renew so I could get both.

Now I just need to clean the poor truck.   :Smiley

2006 WBH2016 Malibu Hybrid
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181] 182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: