Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/23/17 06:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 181 [182]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 750636 times)
frito

"I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"

Awards
« Reply #4525 on: 07/05/17 05:53 pm »

That has happened to me before, it almost always ends up being the valve stem in my experience. They are a good looking tire for sure!

Ding, ding, ding, ding.  Yep, it was the valve stem.  I like them a heck of a lot better than those blasted Mastercrafts  that came with it.  A nice balance between a road tire and some bite if I want to meander a bit.

Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...
4x4dreamer
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Have you checked your local GTG thread?

WWW Awards
« Reply #4526 on: 07/06/17 07:48 am »

Ding, ding, ding, ding.  Yep, it was the valve stem.  I like them a heck of a lot better than those blasted Mastercrafts  that came with it.  A nice balance between a road tire and some bite if I want to meander a bit.

We replaced the DUMPY Bridgestones that came on the 2013 last month... The originals had 42k miles on them, the tread was worn unevenly, and the beads were ALL dryrotted and cracked...

We went with Cooper Discoverer HT Extra Load. So far, I love them! The tread block is wonderful and the rain performance is second to none! I can't wait to try them out this winter!

Have you heard???  The 2017 National and Avalanche Family is coming to STI..
Click Banner Above for More Info
JVZL1
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY

Awards
« Reply #4527 on: 07/13/17 09:54 pm »

Installed new valve cover gaskets and seals today.
Well I found this in the processes. Do not have time to deal with it until next week.

'03 Z71 Dark Gray Cladded
Bug Visor,Floormats;Full Time Amber DRL's; Rear Head Rest Mod; INJEN Tuned Air Intake;MSD wires;ALL ON HIGH;Grippin Billet tailgate handle Magnum black;EBC Brakes;RS9000XL Shocks;Moog Steering Stabilizer;HP Tune From Superwagon;Dual Batteries;Painless 40120 Digital Power Manager; FF Dynamics Electric Fans; DynoMax VT;
JV
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4528 on: 07/13/17 10:18 pm »

Installed new valve cover gaskets and seals today.
Well I found this in the processes. Do not have time to deal with it until next week.

Wow you have red wiring to the positive and negative battery posts, not a good idea.

2003 2500
JVZL1

Awards
« Reply #4529 on: 07/14/17 06:08 pm »

Wow you have red wiring to the positive and negative battery posts, not a good idea.

Itís been that way for years. Thatís all I had when I put the auxiliary battery in.
One of those Iíll fix later. Not many people get to touch my AVY.

Fuel filter today.  

Bug Visor,Floormats;Full Time Amber DRL's; Rear Head Rest Mod; INJEN Tuned Air Intake;MSD wires;ALL ON HIGH;Grippin Billet tailgate handle Magnum black;EBC Brakes;RS9000XL Shocks;Moog Steering Stabilizer;HP Tune From Superwagon;Dual Batteries;Painless 40120 Digital Power Manager; FF Dynamics Electric Fans; DynoMax VT;
JV
Randy
Charter Member

I charge more than a buck$

Awards
« Reply #4530 on: 07/14/17 07:46 pm »

Should also put on the list to get rid of that leaky lead acid battery that's cording the battery tray and go with AGM type that won't leak acid. And while its out clean and paint the tray.. 

02 2500 Summit White-Loaded, Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation System with back-up cam, front cam and Blue Tooth. Nelson Tune, UPD/K&N Intake, Dual Magnaflow SS Mufflers and 3" Tailpipes, Powermaster 225 Amp Alternator, Dual Optima Batteries, Full Traction 6" Lift with 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's and SSBrakes, Calipers and Rotors, E-Z Down Tail Gate.

More to follow...

22' Velocity Boat powered by 502 BB and Stage III Procharger 750+HP
JVZL1

Awards
« Reply #4531 on: 07/14/17 09:07 pm »

Should also put on the list to get rid of that leaky lead acid battery that's cording the battery tray and go with AGM type that won't leak acid. And while its out clean and paint the tray.. 

I'll do the clean and paint if you buy the batteries.

JV
PerfectReign
CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request

WWW Awards
« Reply #4532 on: 07/17/17 02:57 pm »

Itís been that way for years. Thatís all I had when I put the auxiliary battery in.
One of those Iíll fix later. Not many people get to touch my AVY.
Um, why do you have a second battery?

2006 WBH2016 Malibu Hybrid
greatgab
CAFCNA 2016 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #4533 on: 07/17/17 09:56 pm »

Great for camping... to run all your accessories

2013 White Diamond LTZ 4x4 - Volant CAI - Corsa Sport cat back - Superchips performance tune - Amber DRLs - Billet grille
angshan

Awards
« Reply #4534 on: 07/18/17 08:29 am »

I think every one has there own reasons to have a second battery. I have two in my AV because my 08 left me stranded three times with a dead battery so I remedied that problem in my 2011.

2011 black LTZ
Factory 22's.
Painless dual batteries.
Quad projector head lights.
Morimoto LED fog lights.
Hypertech tuner.
JL center console stealthbox
Painted front and rear bowties
greatgab
CAFCNA 2016 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #4535 on: 07/18/17 08:00 pm »

Here's what someone else did to my Avalanche today!  Cry

2013 White Diamond LTZ 4x4 - Volant CAI - Corsa Sport cat back - Superchips performance tune - Amber DRLs - Billet grille
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4536 on: 07/19/17 10:07 pm »

For the second time this year a police officer pulled up beside me and tried to get my attention.

This time he said those lights are on point, the first one said those lights are sweet. Heck it's 90 degree and the AC was blowing hard. Then I get the occasional my son wants to see the lights or can I blow the train horns.  banghead
« Last Edit: 07/19/17 10:09 pm by MS03 2500 » Logged

2003 2500
JVZL1

Awards
« Reply #4537 on: 07/26/17 05:32 pm »

Had the steering gear replaced and aligned today, turned shocks up, lubed,
and a good check over.
Came back from an RV trip. Wind, Freeway ruts, and a bad gear made for a hateful return.

JV
JVZL1

Awards
« Reply #4538 on: 08/04/17 04:42 pm »

Had the steering gear replaced and aligned today, turned shocks up, lubed,
and a good check over.
Came back from an RV trip. Wind, Freeway ruts, and a bad gear made for a hateful return.

Just got in from trip two. 'O' what a difference.  Thumbs up!

JV
FormulaCC1

Awards
« Reply #4539 on: 08/05/17 06:43 am »

Replaced the A/C condenser....it had a nice leak in the bottom l/s lower corner....after 2 weeks of adding 134 & finally adding dye, was able to locate the leak.  According to ProDemand, I was gonna have to pull the front fascia to do it, but I found an easier way....
1: Remove the sight shield (plastic strip with the A/C label) from the radiator support-only clips holding it on.
2: Remove all the visible bolts holding the fascia/grille to the plastic support behind it, I think there's 8 of them...
3: Remove the bolts for both headlamps, 1 comes through from the front, 2 more on the top. Pivot the headlamps slightly outboard without removing them completely...because...
4: Remove all the bolts holding the plastic grille/front cover retainer-this is the long plastic piece that runs through the hood latch from side to side.  There's one bolt on each side tucked in behind the headlamps, that's why they need to be moved...
5: With all that crap removed, the condenser is visible, except there's a nice bracket for the trans cooler smack dab in the middle of the way  banghead.  I initially thought it was welded to the upper radiator support, but it turns out that it is in fact bolted to it.  This part was a little tricky. as the 2 upper mounting bolts are between the condenser and radiator.  I used a 1/4 ratchet & short 10mm socket to get to them...there's not a lot of space, and even less room to get leverage so take your time on this part, dropping the ratchet between the two would suck.....
6: Lower cooler bracket bolts, 3 on each side, easy to get to...
7: Voila!!  Now the condenser can be lifted out, after removing the lines....I soaked the nuts with PB for 5 minutes, they came right out without issue (BTW, remember to have the system emptied before doing this, otherwise it could turn ugly..)
8: When removing the lines, it's best to cover them with something to reduce moisture getting in the system...
9: Slide old out, slide new in...the condenser I got from Rock Auto came with new studs for the lines, but no seals, so make a visit to your friendly dealer, or AC Delco guy to get new seals...I think they were 3.50 ea....
10: Since I was recharging the system myself, I added the oil into the condenser myself before installing it.  Appox 4 oz is what it calls for....once it was bolted up & the system was sealed, I charged it & checked for leaks before reassembling everything....
11: Like the old Chilton manuals say: "assembly is reverse of the removal"....Total time was about 2 hrs....and WAY easier than pulling the front cover completely.....I actually did this 2 weeks ago, and so far, ice cold A/C!!!!  Thumbs up!

2009 Avalanche 1LT
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4540 on: 08/05/17 02:26 pm »

I did something simple polished the windshield with a #0000 steel wool pad and applied RainX after.

Now I have a nice smooth windshield again.

2003 2500
frito

Awards
« Reply #4541 on: 08/10/17 06:44 pm »

Well my daughter is driving Bumblebee right now because the front axle is coming out of the diff on our XL7 (half shafts were replaced by a lousy mechanic).  Today was her first day of school and wouldn't you know, it wouldn't start when she was leaving school - dead battery.  Put a new Yellow Top in it.  The only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't have the plastic caps on the top posts.

Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...
enoniam

Awards
« Reply #4542 on: 08/11/17 02:13 pm »

Well, haven't installed them yet, but these arrived today.

1-7/8" primaries, 3" collectors.

2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, JBA shorty headers, Flowmaster 50 muffler,Truetrak rear, 3200 Circle Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger
ohiobellboy
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

2 Eagles

Awards
« Reply #4543 on: 08/12/17 03:40 am »

Well my daughter is driving Bumblebee right now because the front axle is coming out of the diff on our XL7 (half shafts were replaced by a lousy mechanic).  Today was her first day of school and wouldn't you know, it wouldn't start when she was leaving school - dead battery.  Put a new Yellow Top in it.  The only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't have the plastic caps on the top posts.
You don't have much luck with mechanics in your area.
I'd spray some plasti dip on the post just to coat them if you're concerned with it.

Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
2012 BMW 535i with XDrive
frito

Awards
« Reply #4544 on: 08/12/17 05:34 am »

You don't have much luck with mechanics in your area.
I'd spray some plasti dip on the post just to coat them if you're concerned with it.
Nope, I don't.  The only one I trust is my BMW mechanic, but that is all he works on.  I did hit both posts with liquid electrical​ tape.  Glad Didit introduced me to chat stuff..

JVZL1

Awards
« Reply #4545 on: 08/17/17 07:44 pm »

Well it was Tuesday I had my front windows old tint removed with new put on.
He is mobile did them in my driveway. Now the front and back are the same shade.
Hope Mr./Mrs. Police officer dose not mind. He showed me that is what is on his van.
Never has been stopped.   
 The top started to peel. He showed me what I thought was bubbles in the tint was from
my seat belt hitting the window. So being more careful when taking seat belt off.

JV
04BOWTIE
CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #4546 on: 08/18/17 03:42 am »

Replaced fan clutch.Worked wonders for a/c in steamy South Carolina. Now to prioritize other stuff, valve cover gaskets and seals,plugs and wires....
David

2006 Yamaha Morphous
2011 Can Am Spyder RTS
2003 Mercedes Benz C240 Wagon
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche
redheadedrod
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

2003 Z71

Awards
« Reply #4547 on: 08/18/17 10:36 am »

Brake lines are on my plate for the next few days.... Grrr

Also working on building a speaker box and amplifier boxes....

Speaker box is 3 12's molded into midgate keeping stock functionality of the midgate... When finished you WONT see the speakers.

Amps will go in the saddle bags but planning to vent to the interior.

Rodney

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
enoniam

Awards
« Reply #4548 on: 08/19/17 11:40 am »

Here's one of the long tube headers wrapped and sprayed with silicone hi-temp coating.  Actually did this the day before yesterday.

2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, JBA shorty headers, Flowmaster 50 muffler,Truetrak rear, 3200 Circle Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger
enoniam

Awards
« Reply #4549 on: 08/19/17 11:53 am »

Yesterday I installed the headers and did most of the true dual exhaust behind it.  Got to the rear axle and called it day, in part because the clamps weren't holding the next pieces to go on.  The exhaust kit is for crew cab long-beds - had to cut two of the tubes.  Started the truck up last night and didn't hear any exhaust leaks, which actually was a pleasant surprise  Got the truck off of the jackstands this morning, the first time in 3 days, in order to get the vette out of the garage in front of it.  I've got another type of clamp to try - when I feel like getting back under the truck  I'll see if that style works where I got stopped.  The last section doesn't seem like it's going to work well - I'll probably go to a muffler shop to finish it up.  Headers and exhaust kit are from speed engineering - these mufflers are much louder than the cats and flowmaster 50 that I took off.

Here's a pic of one of the shorty headers and another with one of the installed long-tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 181 [182]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: