Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/19/17 02:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 789591 times)
Calicak89
CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #4575 on: 09/16/17 08:22 am »

Bittersweet day,decided to trade in the '13 for a '16 Escalade ESV Platinum. After three Avalanches over the past 13 years (first one was in '04, joined this forum in '05). Will miss the Avalanche very very much, it's a fantastic truck and did everything I ever asked of it very well. If they still built 'em, I'd still buy 'em.
This is just a general statement, not a poke at the OP, but I keep seeing these "traded" and "sold" posts. Why do none of these sellers offer a posting here or a link to a posting. I feel like trading an Av in is going to net less cash in your pocket than selling outright, but I never see any for sale, only "I sold it" or "I traded it" posts

If anyone out there is selling or planning on trading away a 2013 that does not have Cashmere (Tan) interior please post here on this forum or send me a PM

2008 Judson Green LT
Full height custom grille, 26x11" wheels,Clarion 7" DVD,Sony EQ, JL 13W7 subs, 6x9 midbass fill, 6  6.5" drivers and 4 1" tweets. Carbon fiber dash and accessories. 420 Amp Dual charging systems. Blacked out emblems, Tinted tails, Cargo Area LED Lighting, custom wheel halos, Masked headlights, 5202 to H10 6000k HID fog light conversion,-1,-2 drop ,Eibach sway bars + suspension
Former IdBL World Record Holder
No more room to list more!
2005 Silver Birch Metallic (former)
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #4576 on: 09/16/17 08:55 am »

Calicak89 I believe that many people buy a vehicle on impulse so they could have just stopped by a dealership and fell in love with the new vehicle and succumbed to the salesman's pitch. 

The other side is even though top dollar may come from private sales it comes with a downside too of getting late night calls from drunks, bad checks or other scams as well as possible identity theft or even car jacking. So to many trading a vehicle in is worth it to avoid potential problems. Then you have no idea if or when your vehicle will be sold and how long it will be before you can get the new one.
We are such an immediate gratification society that most will pay to just swap keys and drive away in a new vehicle.  love

Meanwhile to get back on track and not thread jack....I didn't do anything to my AV today......

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
enoniam

LS Fest 2017

Awards
« Reply #4577 on: 09/16/17 10:19 am »

You only live once so you may as well enjoy it and a escalade will make that happen.

Now you know why people pay 25k more for them.

I'd say put a supercharger on it, but that does not turn out too well

Guy at LS Fest was running a 2017 GMC Denali crew cab truck with a supercharger and water/meth injection, nothing else, and was running in the low 12s...

2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers and true dual 3" exhaust, Truetrac rear, 3200 Circle Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, Magnavolt fuel pump voltage booster, DeatschWerks booster fuel pump, 42#/hr injectors, 13.3 @ 101 in the quarter mile.
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4578 on: 09/16/17 10:48 am »

I have seen one run 12.8 but not that low.

2003 2500
MLM
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #4579 on: 09/16/17 02:45 pm »

Calicak89 I believe that many people buy a vehicle on impulse so they could have just stopped by a dealership and fell in love with the new vehicle and succumbed to the salesman's pitch. 

The other side is even though top dollar may come from private sales it comes with a downside too of getting late night calls from drunks, bad checks or other scams as well as possible identity theft or even car jacking. So to many trading a vehicle in is worth it to avoid potential problems. Then you have no idea if or when your vehicle will be sold and how long it will be before you can get the new one.
We are such an immediate gratification society that most will pay to just swap keys and drive away in a new vehicle.  love

Meanwhile to get back on track and not thread jack....I didn't do anything to my AV today......

It wasn't an impulse buy but I needed to grab the vehicle I wanted before someone else did. I can't afford to have two payments at once and like the above poster said you don't know how long it will take to sell. I don't have the time or patience. Keep your eye on cars.com and maybe my old Avalanche will pop up there.

Current rides:
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum, Majestic Plum Metallic.
2012 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, manual, 3.55 axle
2000 Bonneville SSEi, Midnight Blue

Former Chevy rigs:
2013 Black Diamond Avalanche LTZ, Blue Topaz
2008 Avalanche 3LT Z71, Black
2004 Avalanche 1500 Z71 WBH, Silver Birch (March '04 - April '10, 68,000 miles)
1999 Tahoe LT 2-Door 4x4 Z71, Blue over Silver (June '98 - May '04)
1992 K-Blazer Silverado 2-Door 4x4 Z71, Teal over Pewter (July '92 - June '98)
Handmedown04

Awards
« Reply #4580 on: 09/16/17 05:22 pm »

If anyone out there is selling or planning on trading away a 2013 that does not have Cashmere (Tan) interior please post here on this forum or send me a PM
[/quote]
 Thread hijacked!

http://www.gustmanseymour.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2013-Chevrolet-Avalanche-4WD_LT-Seymour-WI/3039276333
old skool

Awards
« Reply #4581 on: 09/16/17 09:08 pm »

Replaced my right side power mirror. The other one finally crapped out. Replaced the left one just a few months ago. Ebay has aftermarket mirrors that look just like oem, and these have puddle lights where the other ones didn't. They also come with a 10 year warranty.

Ebony 2007 LS
old skool

Awards
« Reply #4582 on: 09/16/17 09:13 pm »

Added a fire extinguisher in the passenger side saddle bag. Instead of mounting the holder with screws, I used 3m tape. We will see if that will keep it secure. Hope that I never need it, but you never know.

Had not checked on my fire extinguisher I installed in quite a while...The 3m tape I used didn't hold. banghead

Ebony 2007 LS
Calicak89
CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #4583 on: 09/28/17 11:57 am »

Yesterday-
Started Nationals prep.
2/4 Wheel halo's re-wired and replaced, New rear glass and lighting installed (BIG ups to member TREY on the window fabrication)
Taillights polished and re-tinted.
Now I just need to pull, polish and re-tint the headlights, respray the rear bumper, finish wiring up my old headrest monitors (so my son can watch on the 13 hour drive down), replace one of the 6.5" drivers in the kick panels, restore the cladding, re-tune the system and re-set gains on all the amps (new HU), replace the console lid leather, polish the rims, replace the rear swaybar endlinks, change the front pads and rotors, change the oil, clean the interior and rotate the tires.
should be no sweat in 12 days with only 2 days off work  banghead

2008 Judson Green LT
Full height custom grille, 26x11" wheels,Clarion 7" DVD,Sony EQ, JL 13W7 subs, 6x9 midbass fill, 6  6.5" drivers and 4 1" tweets. Carbon fiber dash and accessories. 420 Amp Dual charging systems. Blacked out emblems, Tinted tails, Cargo Area LED Lighting, custom wheel halos, Masked headlights, 5202 to H10 6000k HID fog light conversion,-1,-2 drop ,Eibach sway bars + suspension
Former IdBL World Record Holder
No more room to list more!
2005 Silver Birch Metallic (former)
Trey

Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.

Awards
« Reply #4584 on: 09/28/17 04:42 pm »

Wish I could go there, too!

2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #4585 on: 09/28/17 04:53 pm »

That is a good looking rear window.

2003 2500
AirJunky

Live hard, die young, leave a good lookin corpse!

WWW Awards
« Reply #4586 on: 10/02/17 05:57 pm »

Upgraded the receiver from a class III to a class V.... 900 lb tongue weight limit. Thinkin that I'll haul the jetski carrier on the back & tow the boat behind that.

And added a 2nd Kicker Hideaway subwoofer. One was good, but two is BOOMIN! And doesn't effect the midgate operation at all.

« Last Edit: 10/02/17 05:59 pm by AirJunky » Logged

-
Bill
2005 Avalanche, 4x4, Z-71 1500, 5.3 liter, 4.10 rear, upgraded 4L60E.
Mods: Heated cloth seats, Pioneer stereo, 2 Kicker subwoofers, MB Quart speakers, tinted front windows, removed Z71 decals, Flowmaster 50, All4On, Amber DRLs, CAI, Maglite, wrapped steering wheel, Indoor/outdoor carpeted the bed & midgate.
My Av Gallery
spidey

"On the Ranch" by Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Awards
« Reply #4587 on: 10/05/17 08:08 am »

Decided to hit the ditch on Monday  Cheesy

Winter storm came on with bad winds, rain, ice, sleet and slush.  Even driving 50 km an hour, the side wind just started to push me.  I tried to fight it some, and then decided to just turn into it in case my wheels caught weird going down the side and flipped or something.

Couldn't get out without a passerby with a tow rope.  I couldn't get traction back up, and my tires were only all seasons, and at the tail end of their life span (replacing them next spring) and my app. for my winters were for this Friday for an upcoming drive.

Its in the shop this morning just to get checked out.  It seems to be fine, no weird noises, pulls or the like.  First day driving it it seemed to be "loose" but I think its my mind playing tricks on me.

Im just glad no one came in after me or there was anything in the ditch to hit.  I could drive up and down the ditch, just couldnt make the side, or even a lower slanted approach. 

There were tons of people in the ditch that day, even slow drivers.  Same thing, the wind and the slush just grabbed them and pulled them in

Could of been worse, many went in due to speed, going throught the ditch, through fences into fields, etc.  Mine was more of just a fast paced drive into the ditch.

First time in 28 years.  Here I was telling my kids to drive safe, and Im the one that does it

Silver Ice 2012 LT - Bought June 9, 2012, 240kms

Chrome antenna Chrome AVS bug/rock hood guard
DeeZee tailgate assist hydraulic LED Hitch step
Console organizer Weathertech window vent visors (smoke)
Weathertech floormats (front & rear) Embossed chrome door sill plates
Putco Liquid Spider Web grill insert Chrome lettered license plate frame
Bowtie license plate cover Helo rims/Goodyear Wranglers
Putco tail light chrome trim Chev stamped muffler tip
Bushwacker fender flares Gatorback mud flaps
qreaigh

Awards
« Reply #4588 on: 10/05/17 08:35 am »

More LEDs....... Front turn signals, high beams & the LM487 flasher. Everything works great.

I think the only lights that are still incandescent are the fog lights, rear turn signals & brake lights.

what type of LEDs did you use for the front blinkers?

2006 LS 4X4 3.42 Sport Red, College Park, MD,
 MODs: Amber's, Kenwood DNX892 HU, FTDRL, wade color matched bug deflector, weather tech window deflectors, bed slide
AirJunky

WWW Awards
« Reply #4589 on: 10/06/17 07:53 am »

what type of LEDs did you use for the front blinkers?

Front blinkers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CK1CZY0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the reverse lights..... holy crap these things are bright!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ML7DIJA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-
Bill
Mods: Heated cloth seats, Pioneer stereo, 2 Kicker subwoofers, MB Quart speakers, tinted front windows, removed Z71 decals, Flowmaster 50, All4On, Amber DRLs, CAI, Maglite, wrapped steering wheel, Indoor/outdoor carpeted the bed & midgate.
My Av Gallery
JVZL1

Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY

Awards
« Reply #4590 on: 10/08/17 08:37 pm »

Changed fluids both diffs, t-case, lubed, and changed plugs.

Thursday will be first trip out with the new to us trailer.

'03 Z71 Dark Gray Cladded
Bug Visor,Floormats;Full Time Amber DRL's; Rear Head Rest Mod; INJEN Tuned Air Intake;MSD wires;ALL ON HIGH;Grippin Billet tailgate handle Magnum black;EBC Brakes;RS9000XL Shocks;Moog Steering Stabilizer;HP Tune From Superwagon;Dual Batteries;Painless 40120 Digital Power Manager; FF Dynamics Electric Fans; DynoMax VT;
JV
AirJunky

WWW Awards
« Reply #4591 on: 10/10/17 05:56 pm »

Installed new belts today. Tough to believe but I don't think I've ever done that on this truck. In fact, they might be the original belts.   banghead   Pretty thin.

-
Bill
My Av Gallery
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: