Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 [192]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 965186 times)

Wickman

Re: What did you do to your Avalanche today?
« Reply #4775 on: 09/07/18 08:51 PM »

In every day, stop and go, traffic I donít see much improvement. But when I really need to step on the breaks the difference is huge :o.

Major difference while towing.

Blazerteam

• 2003 Z71.
« Reply #4776 on: 09/08/18 02:36 PM »

Ordered a Eaton Truetrack from Summit today,after the G80 exploded.Also found out that the Power stop brakes i installed in the rear 2 and a half year ago(22000miles),are approxomately 6000 miles from being toast.Also need new parking brake shoes.
2003 Z71 with 102000 miles.

Z66Modder

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Region V Area
« Reply #4777 on: 09/08/18 09:50 PM »

Ordered a Eaton Truetrack from Summit today,after the G80 exploded.

Did that 4 or 5 years ago. Had to rebuild it again 3 months ago due to  differential bearing issue and put all new parts in it, but reused the Trutrack. They are bullet proof.
« Last Edit: 09/08/18 09:54 PM by Z66Modder »

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster

JVZL1

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY
« Reply #4778 on: 11/10/18 10:40 AM »

Said so long to the 03 
  Well itís double emotional day. The 03 went down the road this morning.
Iíve never had a vehicle this long.
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

Randy

• Charter Member
  • I charge more than a buck$
« Reply #4779 on: 11/10/18 12:02 PM »

:'(
02 2500 Summit White-Loaded, Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation System with back-up cam, front cam and Blue Tooth. Nelson Tune, UPD/K&N Intake, Dual Magnaflow SS Mufflers and 3" Tailpipes, Powermaster 225 Amp Alternator, Dual Optima Batteries, Full Traction 6" Lift with 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's and SSBrakes, Calipers and Rotors, E-Z Down Tail Gate.

More to follow...

22' Velocity Boat powered by 502 BB and Stage III Procharger 750+HP

roadrunner777

« Reply #4780 on: 11/10/18 02:12 PM »

Ah.... we are getting our first real snow and my first chance to really try out 4x4 on my 2002 Av.  Superb, just superb.  I'm not sure when and why to go straight 4WD versus auto-4WD, but I'll figure that out at some point.  Anyway, I'm driving back home, and went from Auto-4WD back to 2Hi because the roads were cleaned up... I did this at maybe 35 MPH, which should be no problem.  A few seconds later, there's this tremendous mechanical bang from the back of the truck, and I'm thinking.... what just broke? It was still driving ok, so I got home and...  it ended up being the tailgate falling open.  It's been icy and it must not have latched properly.
2002 AV 1500

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #4781 on: 11/10/18 02:55 PM »

Said so long to the 03 
  Well itís double emotional day. The 03 went down the road this morning.
Iíve never had a vehicle this long.

Well at least you have another JV. Same here this is longest I've owned a vehicle is my 02. Got it in the summer of 04, still going strong.

JVZL1

« Reply #4782 on: 11/10/18 04:17 PM »

Ah.... we are getting our first real snow and my first chance to really try out 4x4 on my 2002 Av.  Superb, just superb.  I'm not sure when and why to go straight 4WD versus auto-4WD, but I'll figure that out at some point.  Anyway, I'm driving back home, and went from Auto-4WD back to 2Hi because the roads were cleaned up... I did this at maybe 35 MPH, which should be no problem.  A few seconds later, there's this tremendous mechanical bang from the back of the truck, and I'm thinking.... what just broke? It was still driving ok, so I got home and...  it ended up being the tailgate falling open.  It's been icy and it must not have latched properly.

You might want to check the latches. These tailgates are notorious for coming down I always keep mine locked.
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

JVZL1

« Reply #4783 on: 11/10/18 04:20 PM »

Well at least you have another JV. Same here this is longest I've owned a vehicle is my 02. Got it in the summer of 04, still going strong.

It was a great truck still has a lot to offer. But then!

496 TORQUE MONSTER

:4: :A: :B:
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #4784 on: Yesterday at 12:04 AM »

496 TORQUE MONSTER

:4: :A: :B:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

roadrunner777

« Reply #4785 on: Yesterday at 01:47 AM »

You might want to check the latches. These tailgates are notorious for coming down I always keep mine locked.

My tailgate lock is another subject, it doesn't work right... when I first got the truck, the lock felt like I was bending something, so I got into the handle/lock area and applied some lube and worked everything loose.  It still doesn't feel like the lock is working right, and at one point, I had a lot of trouble unlocking it.  So, I am not comfortable with locking it right now.  I am quite sure if I searched the forum, I would find resources on this. 

The good news is that the tailgate has been really solid, if unlockable, for the 3 months I have had it, so I'm hoping.... see the day before it fell open, we had freezing rain, and I couldn't get it open afterwards, but I probably got it to where the ice was the only thing holding it shut.

I'm in Northern MN, and I'll probably be waiting until spring to work on the tailgate lock/handle.  Winter is my work season and I'll be in 60 hour workweeks soon.
2002 AV 1500

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #4786 on: Yesterday at 06:25 AM »

Oil and filter change.

Front diff oil change.

Transfer case fluid change.

Everything is looking good.

No leaks or metal shavings to report.

Done.

:thumbsup:

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 [192]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 24 queries.