Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 [192] 193   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 971352 times)

Wickman

Re: What did you do to your Avalanche today?
« Reply #4775 on: 09/07/18 08:51 PM »

In every day, stop and go, traffic I donít see much improvement. But when I really need to step on the breaks the difference is huge :o.

Major difference while towing.

Blazerteam

• 2003 Z71.
« Reply #4776 on: 09/08/18 02:36 PM »

Ordered a Eaton Truetrack from Summit today,after the G80 exploded.Also found out that the Power stop brakes i installed in the rear 2 and a half year ago(22000miles),are approxomately 6000 miles from being toast.Also need new parking brake shoes.
2003 Z71 with 102000 miles.

Z66Modder

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Region V Area
« Reply #4777 on: 09/08/18 09:50 PM »

Ordered a Eaton Truetrack from Summit today,after the G80 exploded.

Did that 4 or 5 years ago. Had to rebuild it again 3 months ago due to  differential bearing issue and put all new parts in it, but reused the Trutrack. They are bullet proof.
« Last Edit: 09/08/18 09:54 PM by Z66Modder »

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster

JVZL1

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY
« Reply #4778 on: 11/10/18 10:40 AM »

Said so long to the 03 
  Well itís double emotional day. The 03 went down the road this morning.
Iíve never had a vehicle this long.
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

Randy

• Charter Member
  • I charge more than a buck$
« Reply #4779 on: 11/10/18 12:02 PM »

:'(
02 2500 Summit White-Loaded, Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation System with back-up cam, front cam and Blue Tooth. Nelson Tune, UPD/K&N Intake, Dual Magnaflow SS Mufflers and 3" Tailpipes, Powermaster 225 Amp Alternator, Dual Optima Batteries, Full Traction 6" Lift with 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's and SSBrakes, Calipers and Rotors, E-Z Down Tail Gate.

More to follow...

22' Velocity Boat powered by 502 BB and Stage III Procharger 750+HP

roadrunner777

« Reply #4780 on: 11/10/18 02:12 PM »

Ah.... we are getting our first real snow and my first chance to really try out 4x4 on my 2002 Av.  Superb, just superb.  I'm not sure when and why to go straight 4WD versus auto-4WD, but I'll figure that out at some point.  Anyway, I'm driving back home, and went from Auto-4WD back to 2Hi because the roads were cleaned up... I did this at maybe 35 MPH, which should be no problem.  A few seconds later, there's this tremendous mechanical bang from the back of the truck, and I'm thinking.... what just broke? It was still driving ok, so I got home and...  it ended up being the tailgate falling open.  It's been icy and it must not have latched properly.
2002 AV 1500

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #4781 on: 11/10/18 02:55 PM »

Said so long to the 03 
  Well itís double emotional day. The 03 went down the road this morning.
Iíve never had a vehicle this long.

Well at least you have another JV. Same here this is longest I've owned a vehicle is my 02. Got it in the summer of 04, still going strong.

JVZL1

« Reply #4782 on: 11/10/18 04:17 PM »

Ah.... we are getting our first real snow and my first chance to really try out 4x4 on my 2002 Av.  Superb, just superb.  I'm not sure when and why to go straight 4WD versus auto-4WD, but I'll figure that out at some point.  Anyway, I'm driving back home, and went from Auto-4WD back to 2Hi because the roads were cleaned up... I did this at maybe 35 MPH, which should be no problem.  A few seconds later, there's this tremendous mechanical bang from the back of the truck, and I'm thinking.... what just broke? It was still driving ok, so I got home and...  it ended up being the tailgate falling open.  It's been icy and it must not have latched properly.

You might want to check the latches. These tailgates are notorious for coming down I always keep mine locked.
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

JVZL1

« Reply #4783 on: 11/10/18 04:20 PM »

Well at least you have another JV. Same here this is longest I've owned a vehicle is my 02. Got it in the summer of 04, still going strong.

It was a great truck still has a lot to offer. But then!

496 TORQUE MONSTER

:4: :A: :B:
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #4784 on: 11/11/18 12:04 AM »

496 TORQUE MONSTER

:4: :A: :B:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

roadrunner777

« Reply #4785 on: 11/11/18 01:47 AM »

You might want to check the latches. These tailgates are notorious for coming down I always keep mine locked.

My tailgate lock is another subject, it doesn't work right... when I first got the truck, the lock felt like I was bending something, so I got into the handle/lock area and applied some lube and worked everything loose.  It still doesn't feel like the lock is working right, and at one point, I had a lot of trouble unlocking it.  So, I am not comfortable with locking it right now.  I am quite sure if I searched the forum, I would find resources on this. 

The good news is that the tailgate has been really solid, if unlockable, for the 3 months I have had it, so I'm hoping.... see the day before it fell open, we had freezing rain, and I couldn't get it open afterwards, but I probably got it to where the ice was the only thing holding it shut.

I'm in Northern MN, and I'll probably be waiting until spring to work on the tailgate lock/handle.  Winter is my work season and I'll be in 60 hour workweeks soon.
2002 AV 1500

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #4786 on: 11/11/18 06:25 AM »

Oil and filter change.

Front diff oil change.

Transfer case fluid change.

Everything is looking good.

No leaks or metal shavings to report.

Done.

:thumbsup:

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

AyyTrainn

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • Never Ever Touch This Black Mans Radio!
« Reply #4787 on: 11/16/18 08:52 AM »

Sorry Guys, I Could Not Resist.  All 4 Doors.

JVZL1

« Reply #4788 on: 11/16/18 11:00 PM »

:B:  :thumbsup:
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

old skool

« Reply #4789 on: 11/19/18 07:10 PM »

I did that to my avalanche, but they didn't work very long.
Ebony 2007 LS

JVZL1

« Reply #4790 on: 11/19/18 08:05 PM »

Took the beast for a drive. 397 mile round trip bartered rims for one new one slightly used fly rods.
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

Blazerteam

• 2003 Z71.
« Reply #4791 on: 11/20/18 12:49 PM »

Got some badly corroded rims some weeks ago,and had them sandblasted.Painted them today with bedliner paint.They will be used in the wintertime for the studded winter tires.

Blazerteam

• 2003 Z71.
« Reply #4792 on: 11/20/18 12:55 PM »

Also noticed some bubbles inside the rear door opening a year ago,and painted it this spring..some weeks after there where bubbling again..so i cut it up and checked it out the hard way.The area behind where filled up with wet mud,so i used water to clean it up..but there is more rust inside there,so to cure this once and for all..i will cut more and drill out the spotwelds on the panel that holds the cladding panel,to get inside there.

ohiobellboy

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • 2 Eagles
« Reply #4793 on: 11/20/18 06:27 PM »

Also noticed some bubbles inside the rear door opening a year ago,and painted it this spring..some weeks after there where bubbling again..so i cut it up and checked it out the hard way.The area behind where filled up with wet mud,so i used water to clean it up..but there is more rust inside there,so to cure this once and for all..i will cut more and drill out the spotwelds on the panel that holds the cladding panel,to get inside there.
Pop that piece of cladding off so you can see the entire extent of the damage, although you may not like what you find in there. Been there, done that.
Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
2012 BMW 535i with XDrive

frito

• "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #4794 on: 11/20/18 07:05 PM »

Working on the blasted bed panel weather stripping.  They are leaking like Niagra Falls.  I have the Snug top on right now but want to take it off for winter but can't have water flowing on the hockey gear.  Hope to finish it up tomorrow.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #4795 on: 11/20/18 10:05 PM »

Working on the blasted bed panel weather stripping.  They are leaking like Niagra Falls.  I have the Snug top on right now but want to take it off for winter but can't have water flowing on the hockey gear.  Hope to finish it up tomorrow.

Mine have been that way for years. I once took the rubber seals out, scrubbed all the old glue (what seemed like forever) reapplied glue and seals, only to find the center one moved and leaked again.  :E:

frito

« Reply #4796 on: 11/21/18 06:21 AM »

Mine have been that way for years. I once took the rubber seals out, scrubbed all the old glue (what seemed like forever) reapplied glue and seals, only to find the center one moved and leaked again.  :E:
That's where me need is leaking the most too.  I tried all weather silicone caulk a couple years ago but that only partially worked for about a year.   I'm going to run backer rod through the hollow portion in hopes to keep it expanded.  I'm also going to try multipurpose foam sealant instead of caulk and finally, going to use weatherstripping glue to keep it attached.  Fingers crossed as I don't want to drop $400 on new seals while at the same time can't accept saturated hockey gear.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #4797 on: 11/21/18 07:34 AM »

... Fingers crossed as I don't want to drop $400 on new seals while at the same time can't accept saturated hockey gear.

I am sure you have already thought of this, but you could just toss a tarp over the hockey gear while in the bed just to make sure it all stays dry until you can make a good repair to the bed panels.

I used a tarp over some soft sided luggage once on a long trip because I could not be certain I would not travel through rain along the way.

Wasn't needed, but still.
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

frito

« Reply #4798 on: 11/21/18 08:53 AM »

I am sure you have already thought of this, but you could just toss a tarp over the hockey gear while in the bed just to make sure it all stays dry until you can make a good repair to the bed panels.

I used a tarp over some soft sided luggage once on a long trip because I could not be certain I would not travel through rain along the way.

Wasn't needed, but still.
It's leaking so bad the bottom would get wet.  As long as I have the Snugtop on I'm good from a leaking perspective.  I just don't need it for any other purpose right now other to keep the bed dry.

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #4799 on: 11/21/18 10:30 AM »

If it's coming thru the seals try Marine RTV sealant
2003 2500
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 191 [192] 193   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.