• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Did anyone feel the earthquake

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
That's about the second one I've been through at first I thought it was thunder. The news reports are saying it was center in Canada and could be felt as far as Cleveland.

No need to visit California now. :laugh:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24008084/detail.html

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100623/METRO/6230413/Small-earthquake-hits-Detroit

The floor at my shop shakes all day long.  I would never feel an earthquake at work.  :E:

I work in a large computer room everyone came running in checking to see if anything went down fortunately nothing did or it would have been a very long day

I was at 40 Exchange place in New York city (Wall St.) and right before we felt it, the Security dogs in the area (ring of steel) started bugging out and then we started to see our water glasses start to ripple.It was slight, but it made us wonder what it was till this morning when I saw the news. :cool:#7

BigC Mich said:
The floor at my shop shakes all day long.  I would never feel an earthquake at work.   :E:
LOL same here.. everytime the one of the presses cycle the floor shakes.. But it was felt pretty good here by others thats for sure .. Most people ran from the tall building in Toronto .. Straight into the arms of the biggest security force ever to be assembled in canada for one event.. Quite a day for the G8/G20 security peeps.. lol .. Also had tornado's north of toronto ..

Nats

Neighbor started his Firebird drag racer about that time, add the idiots driving by with bass you can hear/feel from over a block away. Last time an earthquake was felt here I was at the stamping plant, wouldn't feel it in the assembly plant either.

We felt it here on Long Island.  The people on the floor above my office actually ran out of the building!

Cat Dancer said:
It wasn't our Fault!

It was Canada's fault  :beating:    :cool: 

If I was Canadian I'd blame it on the USA and obese Americans shifting the weight on the continental plates to the south. Maybe a bunch of fat kids did cannonballs into the Great Lakes all at the same time  ???  :p 

:laugh: blame it on Quebec I was drive around at the time never felt it a some co worker sent me theses video at where they were that day

first one is city of Ottawa counsel meeting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKAEkybanQ

Federal press conf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6A_l9lAq5g

interpreter freaked out
show's we don't get many I wouldn't even know what I'm suppose to do I guess stand in a door way  ??? ??? ???

:laugh: you did not have the tell he guy in the first video to get the heck out of the building

Tell me about them in my area we had Kwame Kilpatrick what a waste.

MS03 2500 said:
Tell me about them in my area we had Kwame Kilpatrick what a waste.

Former Detroit mayor Kilpatrick is in prison.
Flint mayor Woodrow Stanley got thrown out of office in a recall election, guess where he is now  ??? 

If you guessed CONGRESS then you would be correct  :E: 

OK did anyone feel that one, it was near Washington DC this time

I didn't feel a thing, was setting here on the computer when the news came on TV about it.

We felt that one here at work in Trenton, NJ.

Kind of a wobbly week knee kind of feeling and the oven I was putting a unit into wiggled around on the bench some.

Not everyone in the building felt it though. 

I'm at work and the stuff on the desk just rattled. Nothing big thou.

Lost a few Data connections between sites but they came back.

I see they evacuated the Pentagon and buildings in New York

Here is a picture of the people in New Your standing in the streets.

t1larg.quake.evac.wabc.jpg

Yup we felt it. Whats troubling me is that we usually never feel anything like that since Manhattan is built entirely over Granite. :eek:, we can only chat via cell, all landlines are either down or spotty at best. :cool:#7

I'm noticing that the internet here is crawling, but that could because everyone jumped on it.

From reports on our local news it was a 5.8 to 6.0 with an epicenter near Charlottesville Va. (Felt from N.C. to Canada) we definitely felt it here in Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. They evacuated buildings in downtown Norfolk.They also shut down two nuclear reactors near Lake Anna.  Cell phone service affected due to high volume of callers.

Back