• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Coos Bay/North Bend GTG

TheArsenal33

SM 2011
Coos Bay/North Bend Oregon will be having a GTG the weekend of the WWGTG. July 23-25.
The location is going to be Basendorf Campground, Charleston Or.
Don't let all the towns fool you...it's not hard getting around, they are all connected and can get to either in about 10 mins.
So far we have a few members that are "for sure" gonna make the trip and do some camping.
There will be some modding, BBQ, fishing, crabbing, and plenty of lounging.
On Saturday there will also be some Mud Drags at the local track for those that want to see what Oregon is all about!
Look forward to meeting some new members in the Great PNW.
If you need better directions please don't be afraid to ask and I or another member that's putting this together will help you out.

Brian

And if you are coming I need to know in advance to make sure to get you a campsite as the park will be full by thursday night. Sites are $20 a night with hook ups.
Also I still have the rotors I took off my av that are in need of a new home.
So far I only know of,
Arse  (LOL couldn't pass that up)
JV

fyi I will be gone wed - sun, gonna go do the diamond lake, crater lake, So. umpqua falls tour. So will be off comp till monday.

sounds like a good time.  Wish I could make the drive, but I will be up in Friday Harbor.  have a great time and take lots of pics to post up.

Matt

:laugh:  Hope your trip went well....All that hard work traveling around with your Arse planted in an Any seat can be taxing  :laugh:

I'm still a go for next Sat/Sun even though my Avy tent may not make it in time  :E: :E:
That's what I get for waiting.

Batleth said:
And if you are coming I need to know in advance to make sure to get you a campsite as the park will be full by thursday night. Sites are $20 a night with hook ups.
Also I still have the rotors I took off my av that are in need of a new home.
So far I only know of,
Arse  (LOL couldn't pass that up)
JV

fyi I will be gone wed - sun, gonna go do the diamond lake, crater lake, So. umpqua falls tour. So will be off comp till monday

Thanks to TheArsenal33 and Batleth for putting this
together.  (y) I'm so looking forward to this weekend.
My first GTG in Oregon.  :cool:
:woohoo: The brakes are on, so when I'm
:drive: down 101 and the brakes are smoking
I will still be able to stop before I fly through.
Batleth I will be down on Friday and staying until Sunday.
JV

I'll be watching to the North Friday afternoon...I can see the bridge you'll come across from my work...So I can squash any distress calls we get about a mystery smoke trail incoming Coos Bay!  :eek:

:laugh:

Got 2 sites snagged for the weekend so we are set.
If anyone else wants to come I need to know NOW!
The campground will be full before the weekend so no time to waste!
Looking foward to seeing ya. I will be out geocaching all day friday so don't expect mine to be spit polished cuz it will be in the woods a hunting tupperware LOL
AL / Batleth

Batleth,TheArsenal33,
See you some time between 1 and 4pm.
>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
JV

I will post when we leave.
JV

>:D 1400  :drive: :woohoo:
:cool: Coos Bay
jv

Big Thanks to Batleth for the campground...everthing all setup ready to go!
Big Thanks to JV for the Military Avy stickers for me and my Family.
   You guys are what this club is all about and I really look forward to our future adventures.
   I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be in the Crater Lake area! Maybe even Geo-Caching along the way....

Campsite full of Avy's!

Edit: Added pic

Attachments

• Coos Bay GTG 005-resized.jpg
    Coos Bay GTG 005-resized.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 85
(y) The wife and I had a great weekend thanks to
Batleth and TheArsenal33.
Looking for TheArsenal33 to put an other one together.
The pics left to right TheArsenal33, Batleth with the BAD A@@ AVY, JVZL1.
JV

Get the word out early enough for next year,( like the 2nd annuall ) and I'll make plans to make an appearence and spend some time with you all. Will probably camp at horse falls with the ATV'S or we can reserve a large group camp site in the dunes there where everbody is together....  But I'll check in from time to time and make this happen.. Just try to give me a month that the events going to happen in and I'll drag A-Train with me next time...  You got to start somewhere, Glad to see you all had fun!!!      (y)

Sounds like a plan Doberman, looking forward to meeting you both.
By the sounds of it, you know the drill down here. Bring toys to play in the sand. Hopefully I'll have a quad by then.
I'm gonna post a cruise (Mount Hood Loop and/or North Santiam Canyon) for sometime in the middle of September maybe we could see you guys along the way.

Doberman said:
Get the word out early enough for next year,( like the 2nd annuall ) and I'll make plans to make an appearence and spend some time with you all. Will probably camp at horse falls with the ATV'S or we can reserve a large group camp site in the dunes there where everbody is together....  But I'll check in from time to time and make this happen.. Just try to give me a month that the events going to happen in and I'll drag A-Train with me next time...   You got to start somewhere, Glad to see you all had fun!!!      (y)

Hey Dave, good to hear from you. Is everything repaired yet on your rig?

Tom

:jacked:

Doberman said:
Get the word out early enough for next year,( like the 2nd annuall ) and I'll make plans to make an appearence and spend some time with you all. Will probably camp at horse falls with the ATV'S or we can reserve a large group camp site in the dunes there where everbody is together....  But I'll check in from time to time and make this happen.. Just try to give me a month that the events going to happen in and I'll drag A-Train with me next time...   You got to start somewhere, Glad to see you all had fun!!!      (y)

If Doberman Goes...I'll Go...Perhaps Even If He Doesn't.  Dobe...Do U Have Big Black Back Now??

Big Black has a new 496 in it and a new Torgue converter, all better now a WoW what a journey this has been .. But I think this would be a Awesome trip with all the Rigs on the Beach and camping by the fire in the dunes... Regardless I do have some contacts that work there for the forest service/Ranger division and the told me the could hook me up with a sand camping spot with minimal fee's if any at all.... Big Black's Back in business and yes I've been keeping an Eye on you guys... Dont post as much any more but do check in from time to time.

Later Dave

Doberman said:
  Big Black has a new 496 in it and a new Torgue converter, all better now a WoW what a journey this has been .. But I think this would be a Awesome trip with all the Rigs on the Beach and camping by the fire in the dunes... Regardless I do have some contacts that work there for the forest service/Ranger division and the told me the could hook me up with a sand camping spot with minimal fee's if any at all.... Big Black's Back in business and yes I've been keeping an Eye on you guys... Dont post as much any more but do check in from time to time.

Later Dave
Yipppeeeeeeeeee! Glad 2 Have U Back. :woohoo:  We Need 2 Rap.  Call Me When U Can. 

Doberman said:

Later Dave

Sweet. Is the new engine custom built by you or bought complete?

Pulled the old engine out and put a used 496 in from LKQ. with 33,ooo mile in and have the old 496 in Garage ready to be stroked out to a 540. local shop called Tom performance here in Vancouver is going to do it for me.. they said it one hell of a bang, better do a tranny upgrade as well because your going to need to hold on...

WOW.... >:D
It sounds like you have quite an impressive rig Doberman.
  Hopefully you'll come down to the dunes next year so we can see it in action.

Will be down there this Friday to meet up with Al. To get that topper of his and will probably be there around 11-Noon... So if your in the area let me know....  Dave!

Back