• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Food Donations at the WWAGTG in Des Moines

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
Each WWAGTG has the opportunity to help a local food bank in the city where their event is hosted.

I put this information in the GTG thread but think it needs it's own place........

We will be doing this food drive at the local Hooters on Saturday evening. If you can, please bring non-perishable food items or personal items for this charity event!  I have been in contact with DMARC Emergency Food Pantry and have made arrangements to drop of all food items that we collect at their location on Sunday morning.

DMARC Emergency Food Pantry
3816 36th St.
Des Moines, Iowa

Here is a list of their most needed items, of course any items are welcome!

DMARC Most Needed Food Items

100% Juice (tomato, orange, or vegetable in a can or plastic bottle)
Fruit (canned in water or 100% juice, not in heavy syrup)
Vegetables (tomatoes, green beans, mixed vegetables, or sweet potatoes, canned with no salt added)
Beans (dry or canned in water)
Peanut butter
Meat (tuna or chicken canned in water)
Whole-grain dry pasta or egg noodles
Brown rice (regular or instant)
Vegetable soup (low-sodium)
Whole grain crackers (wheat saltines)
Spaghetti sauce
Cereal (instant or regular oatmeal with no sugar added, whole grain cheerios, wheat chex, wheaties, granola or shredded wheat)
Shelf-stable low-fat UHT milk (in aseptic packaging, no canned milk)
Infant/baby formula
Diapers and baby wipes
Personal products (shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene, toothpaste, or deodorant)
Fresh whole grain bread items (with generous expiration dates)
Fresh fruits and vegetables (potatoes/sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, carrots, grapes, oranges, tomatoes, melons, broccoli, or bell peppers)

Please donate far before expiration and prime ripeness.

This is on a volunteer bases, I will not be asking for anything at the event, if you brought items please contact me and we will load them in my Avalanche and if anyone else want to volunteer to help collect and deliver them on Sunday morning that will be great!

This is one event that we will webcast so that other members of CAFCNA can meet us. We hope to connect with other WWAGTG's going on throughout this weekend.

Back