Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100   Go Down

Author Topic: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 461561 times)

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #2375 on: January 5, 2019, 16:40:49 PM »

:welcome: TBoyd
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2376 on: January 5, 2019, 16:41:18 PM »

:welcome: Ccarp_12
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

LoneWolfbd

• It's not over until the Wolf howls.
« Reply #2377 on: January 11, 2019, 04:57:33 AM »

:welcome: Stan to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2378 on: January 11, 2019, 04:58:23 AM »

:welcome: CBraet to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2379 on: January 11, 2019, 04:59:03 AM »

:welcome: Aketech to the club.

Brian

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2380 on: January 11, 2019, 04:59:41 AM »

:welcome: TBoyd to the club.

Brian

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2381 on: January 11, 2019, 05:00:45 AM »

:welcome: Ccarp_12 to the club.

Brian

LeadFoot

« Reply #2382 on: January 16, 2019, 12:22:05 PM »

Hey all, just posted the item below in the ...what would you buy now topic. Tells about my Av history. I'm in Dallas and just bought my 2nd Av in 12 years.

I bought my first Av in 2007 just after my divorce. Kind of a gift for myself for surviving it. It was a gently used 2004 z66 2wd, black, 30k miles. I loved it from the start. I don't drive a lot because I work from home and it was a great stable mate to the 2007 corvette I just bought also.

Recently started thinking of selling my old AV. It has 90K miles now and starting to show it's 15 year age. Steering box is manual on some left turns. Some new sounds/rattles in the last year also. My new wife and I want to pull our new home build travel trailer (from a cargo trailer) around the country and want something to tow it (only about 2k pounds). So we thought about SUVs, cross overs, pickup trucks, etc. I even thought about a new Colorado with the turbo 4 cylinder. But I can hear my buddies now saying, that ain't no real pickup with a 4 banger! And not a mid-gate in the bunch.

So last weekend I found a absolutely pristine 2012 Avalanche LS with low mileage. I tried it out and it was like driving a brand new Av. I bought it. What is the best replacement for an Avalanche? A newer one. I'm back in the saddle and smiling like a mule eating briers.

The best part? It is black like my old one and I tell all my friends that I finally washed my truck.  :laugh:

Oh, I finally joined CAFCNA too.

Anyone looking for a gently used 2004 Av z66 around Dallas, reach out to me.
--Leon

First AV 2004 Black Z66,
Second AV 2012 LS, black too. Now all my friends think I finally washed my old one.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2383 on: January 16, 2019, 16:08:59 PM »

:welcome: LeadFoot

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2384 on: January 17, 2019, 05:45:16 AM »

:welcome: LeadFoot to the club.

Brian

ta6point6

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #2385 on: January 17, 2019, 10:17:47 AM »

Hey guys been here for a couple months forgot to say hey. I bought a 07 Avalanche about 4 months ago and love the thing. I actually bought from a Ford dealership. It is a 6.0 with 4.10 gears and it is so comfortable to drive around. I didnt relize how much my little Sonoma truck beat me up on longer drives. The heated seats are great when my back is sore and those colder mornings not to mention the remote start. I have only had to replace the air shocks in the back so far. I changed the compressor first and realized later the bladders on shocks were gone :E:. I am going to change front headlights kind of scratched up and the grill becaue chrome has some kind of staining on it. I replaced multidisc player with a double din unit. The only down side with that is rear senors dont work as well, I knew I should have put rear camera in while I had the chance. So headlights, grill and back up camera is next.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2386 on: January 17, 2019, 14:23:29 PM »

:welcome: ta6point6

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2387 on: January 22, 2019, 09:42:15 AM »

:welcome: ta6point6 to the club.

Brian

badta00

• 2B1ASK1
« Reply #2388 on: January 23, 2019, 22:27:29 PM »

BadTA00/Brad
New guy here.  I finally decided to park my Trans Am after eighteen and a half years. She had become my daily driver to and from work at a Paper Mill and is need of serious work and restoration. After Hurricane Florence (slightly flooded the T/A) and hunting season I decided that I needed something a little more utilitarian and could carry the whole family. I decided on the Avalanche because of the roominess for the family, the capability  to tow a trailer, for the lawn mower and gokart, and the truck bed to carry gas cans.
I searched from mid November until earlier this month. The previous owner had painted the black plastic in the back body color and removed the roof rails.
Overall I am happy with the purchase but getting use to being higher off the ground will take a little time.
2008 Red Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 5.3L
2000 Pontiac Firebird  T/A 5.7L

EXT4ME

« Reply #2389 on: January 24, 2019, 06:53:35 AM »

:welcome: badta00

Docoak

« Reply #2390 on: January 25, 2019, 05:45:22 AM »

Hi everyone! Two time Avalanche owner. First one was a 2007 Black LTZ. My current Avalanche is a 2013 LT in Black.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2391 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:29 AM »

:welcome: Docoak

HiHoStevo

• Airport Bum
« Reply #2392 on: January 26, 2019, 16:42:53 PM »

Just picked up my 2013 BDE LTZ White Diamond about 2 hours ago.  71,600 on the ODO.

I wish the LTZ was available in plain white instead of the White Diamond... I have had that color once before and if there are ever any repairs... matching is a major problem.

In looking over the hardware, How do I determine what is the most recent Nav database for my truck?  When I look up my version it has 20.11.03  Does anyone know where I can look up this code to see what it means?  I am pretty confident it is not November 3, 2020.

This is a one-owner truck imported from Canada and my guess is that the Nav data was the original installed when the truck was new.

Also, I would appreciate suggestions on where to look for the most "reasonably" priced update disc for the Nav System.

Interestingly enough, the "CD" slot above the NAV screen actually says it is a DVD... does this thing play commercial DVD's?  (mine has the sunroof, but does Not have the entertainment system).

I have discovered that the compressor that adjusts the suspension seems to have taken some rock damage and is not functional.  I have ordered a replacement compressor... have any of you folks changed yours?  I was curious if it was much of a job.

I plan on ordering the factory skid plate that the Z71 trucks come with... just in case, even though I do not have any wild adventures planned.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 16:45:05 PM by HiHoStevo »
There are ONLY two methods to successfully, argue with a female..., and neither of them works!

2013 White Diamond
1995 K1500 (454)
2017 Honda CRV

EXT4ME

« Reply #2393 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:20 AM »

:welcome: HiHoStevo

Mfmcleod

« Reply #2394 on: January 27, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »

Hello folks,

I own a 2007 Avalanche that I purchased new.   Great vehicle.  I am a retired engineer and faculty member of Clemson University and I am a major gearhead.   My Avalanche has some issues and I will bea sking a few questions about such moving forward.   Best,

Mike.

Vaeagleav

• The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #2395 on: January 27, 2019, 10:26:52 AM »

Welcome to the site Mfmcleod!

You will find lots of ideas and fixes on this website. It may take some time to feel comfortable searching the sections to find the threads you need to answer your questions.
May you have many happy and safe miles in you Av.....
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2396 on: January 28, 2019, 04:23:54 AM »

:welcome: Mfmcleod

Blanche2009

« Reply #2397 on: January 28, 2019, 11:20:09 AM »

Hi All! My Name Is CJAnd I Love Love Love My 2009 Avy Z71 it may be an LT2 Or 3 No sunroof but touchscreen display with memory abd all other bells and whistles. I live In dunkirk Maryland. Lets graba beer ant talk smack about other trucks! Also Hoping to have a few Q's A'd!
Love my 2009 Black and chrome Z71 LT3 with roof rack instead of sunroof! My next truck will be the same 2013 model!

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2398 on: January 28, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »

:welcome: badta00 to the club.

Brian

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2399 on: January 28, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »

:welcome: Docoak to the club.

Brian
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100   Go Up

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 24 queries.