• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

#1 body mount popping issue

GMalanche

My 2005 LT Z-71 just turned 20K and now I am starting to notice the dreaded "popping" noise under my feet when making a left turn while going over uneven surfaces. It is very faint and does not happen all the time. I have done extensive reading on this site and have looked at other GM truck sites on the internet; seems to affect other GM models also. From what I can tell, the "fix" seems to be a 3mm Teflon shim inserted at the top of the lower cushion. According to my findings, many who have had this done have still had the same problem a while later. I've been told that all the body mount bolts on the drivers side need to be removed in order to install the shim between the #1 mount, is this true? Can't I just remove the #1 body mount bolt and slide the shim in between? I hate to go through all that work and still end up with the same problem. I also read that the "popping" noise happens more in the hot weather and not so much when it's cold; anybody find this to be true? What about just re-torqing the mount bolt? One last thing; where is the best place to get the shims (least expensive). I read that GM PartsDirect.com had them for $2.88 each (around there) but when I went on the site could not find them. My thanks to all for any and all info regarding this topic.

You knooow the #1 body mount popping issue is good bass in the trunk....then this #1 beech always be popping.. body mount is r best on tha flo

Not really sure what youre trying to say there K-9... But i also have this issue and was wondering, if not taken care of right away, could it lead to more serious problems?

Back