Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/31/14 12:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Cladding - what color  (Read 1157 times)
draxlin

Awards
« on: 08/02/10 10:10 AM »

I have cladded 06 Z71/LT Avalanche.  The front bumper has a crack that bothers me and I'm looking at buying a new cover for it.  Such as this: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQAvalanche_1500QQReplacementQQBumper_CoverQQ20032006QQC010311Q.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&gan=1&apwid9GLrHQv

The problem I have is I can't tell if this is the color I  need or what.  To me the cladding on the truck looks more of a black then charcoal.  Dis these 06' come with different options for cladding color?

Here's my vin if anyone can give me a better idea of what I have. 3GNEK12Z86G125177

2006 Avalanche LT/Z71
Bose,Onstar,Nav,Leather
Strobin'01
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

relationships s**k

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 08/02/10 10:21 AM »

If I remember correctly, the cladding on the '02 is grey
'03-'06 is charcoal
'07-present is black

Why does my life go great for a while then spirals downward?
Avalanche Maverick
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 08/02/10 12:35 PM »

Your cladding is GRAY.

OEM part number for your cover is 12335681 it list $326.82

Now I work in chevy dealership collision center and if you don't mind a little free advice I'd like to pass this along.
The AV's covers are textured. The aftermarket covers I have seen for the AV very from the MFG.

Some are not textured at all. (smooth do be painted)
Some have a different type of texture ( the pattern ) and
Some wont fit very well at all.

I would call and ask them about the texture and there return policy if you are not happy with the fit and finish.

Most Insurance companies use to be big on getting these CAPA certified covers but because they are textured no MFG
could say for sure if the texture would match OEM. So the insurance companies ( most anyway) use OEM.

Also CAPA certified is kind of a joke because the MFG is the one that certified there own product.

Anyway just thought I would share that with ya. If you have anymore questions please ask.

Jake

2003 Avalanche Z71 with cladding. K&N air intake, Mag-lite Mod, Painted  towhooks, Alpine iNA-W900BT  touch screen with iPod video playback, Navigation & Bluetooth & Back-up Camera,  20" American Racing Orleans on Nitto Terra Grabber 305 50R20, Ford Key leveling with Pro Comp ES 9000 Shocks, Summit Racing Duel Oil Filter Relocation with Twin K&N Oil Filters, Royal Purple Fluid through out, Painted w/ Avalanche bowtie, Avalanche 3rd brake light cover, painted engine cover, HID Lights and Avalanche bug shield
draxlin

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08/03/10 01:27 PM »

Thank you for the info, it's very much appreciated.

2006 Avalanche LT/Z71
Bose,Onstar,Nav,Leather
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: