• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Body Cladding - what color

draxlin

I have cladded 06 Z71/LT Avalanche.  The front bumper has a crack that bothers me and I'm looking at buying a new cover for it.  Such as this: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQAvalanche_1500QQReplacementQQBumper_CoverQQ20032006QQC010311Q.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&gan=1&apwid9GLrHQv

The problem I have is I can't tell if this is the color I  need or what.  To me the cladding on the truck looks more of a black then charcoal.  Dis these 06' come with different options for cladding color?

Here's my vin if anyone can give me a better idea of what I have. 3GNEK12Z86G125177

If I remember correctly, the cladding on the '02 is grey
'03-'06 is charcoal
'07-present is black

Your cladding is GRAY.

OEM part number for your cover is 12335681 it list $326.82

Now I work in chevy dealership collision center and if you don't mind a little free advice I'd like to pass this along.
The AV's covers are textured. The aftermarket covers I have seen for the AV very from the MFG.

Some are not textured at all. (smooth do be painted)
Some have a different type of texture ( the pattern ) and
Some wont fit very well at all.

I would call and ask them about the texture and there return policy if you are not happy with the fit and finish.

Most Insurance companies use to be big on getting these CAPA certified covers but because they are textured no MFG
could say for sure if the texture would match OEM. So the insurance companies ( most anyway) use OEM.

Also CAPA certified is kind of a joke because the MFG is the one that certified there own product.

Anyway just thought I would share that with ya. If you have anymore questions please ask.

Jake

Back