• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Update I am finally in KY

Chris_Z71

Well after getting back from Iraq and staying busy with things and being in school and stuff I am on orders to FT. Knox, KY. I am supposed to report in January but after I graduate Thursday I have to fax my branch my 1059 so I can try and get my report date moved to Novemeber. Anyone got any info they can send me? We are going to be looking for a place and everything as soon as I can find out if my report date will be changed. I am looking forward to it as I miss having grass, tree's and being able to hunt and fish. I know I can find someplace to get down and dirt with Avy in the mud when ever I can. Anyone else up around the FT. Knox area? We can try and meet up after me and family get there and we find a place and get settled in.

Thanks I can not wait to get back to KY. I was stationed down at Campbell a few years back before I was sent out to the crazy place in El Paso, TX.

Youll have to check out the spring machine gun shoot at Knobb Creek Gun Range it is spectacular and being that you are military right up your alley.  It is held twice a year and is a great time.  Not too far from where you are stationed ironically located in Bullet Co.  Louisville is a great little city and not too far either maybe 20 minutes. 

I'm in Southern Indiana...about 90 mins from Louisville.  We should do a 'Welcome back to KY' GTG when you get back!  (y)

Welcome and thanks for your service! We are watching this thread, if a GTG is started we will try to make it.

:wave:

Yeah a GTG sounds good, hopefully when I graduate tomorrow I can get a hold of my branch manager try to get my report date changed to Novemeber.

Well I am finally here at FT. Knox and have been out riding around checking out the local area's and stuff. I have been seeing a lot of avey's running around here in Radcliff, on post and over in E'Town. Some of you might have seen mone it is a goldish color with tinted windows and some machined and black colored XD Spies on it with a DON"T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS window sticker, a MSD windoe sticker and HyperTech window stickers on the back glass. If anyone on here is close by let me know and we can try to get together.

Chris,
I'm here also. Retired now a government contractor. I have the Black AVY with Detroit Lions Plate and taildate sticker. Park right across from Applebees on Wilson Rd. Not too many ambers here but a whole bunch of AVYs. I'll keep my eye out for you. Enjoy your time here.

Yeah I see a whole lot of AVy's running around here also. I think I saw yours the other day when I was up around Wolly World with the wife. I saw one right behind me on post heading to the house the other day that had ambers on it.

Back