Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/20/14 05:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a good Trans place - SE Michigan  (Read 847 times)
03GRNAVE

Awards
« on: 08/23/10 06:47 AM »

Okay, so i need to get my trans rebuilt and need an honest and reasonably priced place to take it. 

I am not spending 2k+ to get a Jasper or anything like that.  I just want to have it rebuilt.  What is it realisticlly going to cost me to have this thing rebuilt? 

It has an irregular 1-2 shift (or delay you could call it), and the 2-3 shift slips.  It also seems to be loosing pressure when it downshifts.  Its okay if i baby it, but i'm tired of not being able to pull my boat, and just plain "drivability" sucks because i can't murge in some cases because i'm afraid to hurt it even more.

2003 Avalanche - Green and Dark Cladding.  Stock keys cranked, MBRP cat back, OEM polished 20's, 33x12.5 Toyo MT's
THKSNOW
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

Got Snow?

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 09/03/10 01:54 PM »

Call Tom at:
Excalibur Transmission
409 East Russell Road
Tecumseh, MI 49286
517-423-7475

I've never had to have a trans rebuilt but if I did this is the guy who would do it.  Tom has serviced the trans in different vehilcles including my AV.  He has been in business quite a few ears. He has always done a good job at a very fair price.  Tell him Dave Bird referred you to him.  Ask him for a ballpark price.

07 Bermuda Blue LT 4x4
Cushionmaster

03 Z71 Leather, moonroof, loaded

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 09/08/10 07:41 PM »

If you know a GM employee, I would spend the money for a Goodwrench replacement, transmission and torque convertor, mine cost about $1,600 for my 99 Sierra Z71.  The factory guts the cases and puts in new components, really worth the money!
Cushionmaster

03 Z71 Leather, moonroof, loaded

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 09/08/10 07:43 PM »

But I did have to remove and replace it myself.
TIMTU

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 09/08/10 08:16 PM »

At the risk of hijacking this thread - any recommendations for a good place in the Lansing area?  Tecumseh isn't really THAT far from Lansing, so I'd be willing to make the drive. But if there's anyone from the region with a solid recommendation I would like to hear it.

Thanks in advance.
TIMTU

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 09/16/10 10:45 PM »

bump
DanGTO
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Detroit

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 11/15/10 03:26 PM »

The best place I have used has been RC Trans & Gear.

Randy [the owner] has been great to work with on projects I did not have the time for.  Probably one of the most honest people I have met.

I was having 4WD issues recently.  I dropped the truck off with the encoder motor in a box [a new one and the original] and he looked at it and did a diagnosis.  It was electrical related [as the new Korean Dorman encoder motor was defective!].

Randy didn't charge me a cent even after he spent the time to look at it.  I also had him and his shop do some work on my 1971 LeMans with great results...and a few years prior he did some work on my brothers old GMC Typhoon.

Hands down a great shop and person to deal with.

The cool part of his shop is that he has posters and articles from old muscle and random projects he worked on, really neat!

http://rctransandgear.com/

Dan

Dan
Av: 2013 FGM Black Diamond Z71 & *SOLD*Modified 2002 Z71...miss it daily
1971 Pontiac LeMans Hardtop GT-37 clone
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Stock
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP SBM - Modified
2009 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sportcombi - Stock
1988 Volvo 740 Turbo - Modified
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: