• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Blend Door Actuator Fix?

brsofla

SM 2004
SM 2003
Soooo much has been written up on the Blend Door Actuator problem.  Hot driver, cold passenger.  So the solution is to replace the blend door actuator.  $$

Since I live in south Florida, I don't really need heat.  So, my question is, can you stick something into the blend door to keep it in cold mode?  Some one has suggested disconnecting the power to the actuator when it's blowing cold.  This will keep it in that mode.  Is it that simple?

Please confirm this or offer up any other suggestions. 

Thanks  >:D

WarrenW said:
How did you do it though?

Thanks!

Warren

Pull the fuse or disconnect the battery. After reconnecting and before starting the truck, have your hand on the connector. When it starts its calibration it will move from one way to the other trying to find the stops. Just pull the connector when it hits the cold position. (y)

Thanks for the reply. Where is the actuator to watch for when it hits the cold position?  I will definitely do this tomorrow!

Warren

Add one to the list 04 avy blend door actuator out @ 114000 miles then week later ac went out $600 later  :mad: back up and runing

Well after totally taking my dash apart I discovered the Blend Actuator for the drivers side in under the dash on the passenger side pretty easy fix. The Blend Actuator for the passenger is the part they held up in the air and built the truck around. It is located in the middle of the dash which means taking the whole dash cover out :E: cutting through the duct work in order to reach it. Then putting the duct back together with duct tape. The whole job is a good 8 hours if you have all the tools. But the part is less than $70 the dealer wanted $1500 to replace it. Search Youtube for videos and be aware that the 2000-2005 Actuator looks like all the others the difference is the pins that it plugs into.

Back