• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone Seen My Avalanche Running Around?

bgruhn76

SM 2009
Well, as you may or may not already know, I traded in my beloved Av back in late May of this year.  It sold off the dealer's lot in less than 2 weeks. A friend of mine spotted it about a month ago or so in Largo/Indian Rocks Beach area.  Anyone else seen it running around anywhere?  From what I understand, it looks pretty much the same as it did when I traded it in...aside from them buffing the black off the side SS emblems (now silver), and they removed my new LED strobes from behind the grille.

:notme:

Did you really think they could sell it with strobes. Sometimes with the Mods are not a selling point.

I know the feeling as I had to sell my dad's Roadtrek camper van after he died, and I used to see it around town alot. It makes you feel sad when you do see it.  :(

I've also seen it. I'd say been a couple months, but it was driving on 54 close to wiregrass. Definitely your old avy. Looked the same to me. I'm sure you miss her! 

Nice. Oh yeah I do miss her alot!  But I don't like the gas prices at all!  If anyone happens to see them and able to chat with the new owners, maybe give them my handle on here and have them look me up. At least they didn't mess it up. Sometimes people undo or overdo things once you sell them.
That truck is still my favorite project to date.

You want to complain about gas, it just cost me $135 to fill mine up. Averaging 9mpg it doesn't seem to last too long. Good stuff.

Man I am on 54 alot lately, but have yet to see my truck. A few friends have reported seeing it...anyone know if the new owner is a member here?

No clue.  It has been quite a while since I have seen it. That's one avy you know when you see it!

In 7 years I've never spotted my '02 LPM 1500 4x4, only mods left on were all4fender inserts and window ventshades. It was gone from the dealer the instant I traded it in. I'm a bit north of you off I-75, 1000+ miles north  :D 

My first AV wouldn't stand out but most up here are Z71, you don't see plain 1500 4x4 much. I factory ordered it in 2001 with only tow package, 4x4, running boards and sport leather seats. My guess is it's a weekend warrior only used for road trips.

Anyone seen my truck around lately? Last I knew the guy was stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa. I'm looking at used Avys at the moment, even looking at EXTs.

Back