• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

where are you massholes

AVGOOCH

How many people from mass on this forum I know I've seen some nice lifted AV's in freetown dartmouth area, maybe I need to start tagging

Good luck with the tagging. Alot of people around here will seem interested in the club and will talk to you for a while about it. But unfortunately very few seem to join. I've handed out a couple dozen this year, but haven't had any luck. Its tough. For alot of people its just a vehicle to get to point A from point B.

Chevzilla AV said:
Good luck with the tagging. Alot of people around here will seem interested in the club and will talk to you for a while about it. But unfortunately very few seem to join. I've handed out a couple dozen this year, but haven't had any luck. Its tough. For alot of people its just a vehicle to get to point A from point B.

It's that way through most of northern New England unfortunately  :cry:

I've even started to tag Avs. that look well used & abused to at least get some renewed intrest in the club.!                :E: :E: :E:

I am in Northern MA Haverhill to be exact I usually see 4-5 a day in this area 2 in my own neighborhood. Like said above people seem interested but do not join after? Maybe too busy maybe they forget  I do not know?

Denis

:needhug:

Great topic. I am a first time owner since 2007 and I was all hot and bothered to get involved in a club when I joined and had mods planned etc I even tried to get a a GTG put together and lunch at the Galley Hatch in Hampton Beach. However timing was bad as it was near the holidays and turn out did not look good so we cancelled. At that point I lost interest plus I was in a new job search (again in another one) and had no monies(xtra monies that is) to do the mods I wanted. Plus I have another toy that I focus on as well (in my signature).  So I think its a lot of things. I absolutley love this truck and want to mod it and meet people its just a matter of time. I think people will get involved if they can become a part of a GTG or a nice drive like is being planned through the White Mountians of NH here in Oct.

just my 2 cents and some honest feedback.

Peace.   

04#231 said:
Great topic. I am a first time owner since 2007 and I was all hot and bothered to get involved in a club when I joined and had mods planned etc I even tried to get a a GTG put together and lunch at the Galley Hatch in Hampton Beach. However timing was bad as it was near the holidays and turn out did not look good so we cancelled. At that point I lost interest plus I was in a new job search (again in another one) and had no monies(xtra monies that is) to do the mods I wanted. Plus I have another toy that I focus on as well (in my signature).  So I think its a lot of things. I absolutley love this truck and want to mod it and meet people its just a matter of time. I think people will get involved if they can become a part of a GTG or a nice drive like is being planned through the White Mountians of NH here in Oct.

just my 2 cents and some honest feedback.

Peace.     

We do the White mountains every year and tons of people talk about it and drop out. We have had alot of good GTG's planed and never get the support so I don't keep my hope up any more. I'm on the VW forum... they have a weekly GTG on a Wednesday night. They get about 30 Volkswagons every week and thats the little GTG's.... What am I doing wrong...  :E:

I dont think your doing anything wrong. I am only guessing but a couple of things.  The VW crowd I will say is probably a younger crowd teens to mid 20 somethings. More free time to do work on there cars and show them off. More disposable income as well. No mortagage or kids yet so they are able to get together and hang out more etc. Avalanche crowd, older with more responsibilites. I see 2 of them including mine when I take my kids to school and they are same as me late 30's mid 40s kids mortgage no money and no time. :0) I am a car guy so I know what these trucks are and whatt type of friendships you get get out of these types of clubs.  But again it is all dictated by family and time responsibilites. Just my opinion....

04#231 said:
I dont think your doing anything wrong. I am only guessing but a couple of things.  The VW crowd I will say is probably a younger crowd teens to mid 20 somethings. More free time to do work on there cars and show them off. More disposable income as well. No mortagage or kids yet so they are able to get together and hang out more etc. Avalanche crowd, older with more responsibilites. I see 2 of them including mine when I take my kids to school and they are same as me late 30's mid 40s kids mortgage no money and no time. :0) I am a car guy so I know what these trucks are and whatt type of friendships you get get out of these types of clubs.  But again it is all dictated by family and time responsibilites. Just my opinion....

Agreed. When I had my TrailBlazer the people attending GTGs were pretty much 18-25 years old.

You would be surprised like I was... the VW crowd was alot older then I thought, most of the guys told me they owned one sense the 70's and been a part of that club. Age group was like 25-50 most in 30's.

But it is what it is.... I don't have kids so I don't know about that problem but I'm 30yo I work 45hrs a week with 2 mortgages, 2 cars, a bike and a crazy dog to take care of. I don't understand why it is so hard to make it to 1 GTG a month when kids and family is welcome to come..... we cant even get most to come once a year.

I'm new and from the Taunton area.  I am looking to hang out, but time is a premium.  When is the next GTG in the area?

I was in taunton quiet a bit till just recently ever see a white avy with a sticker of curly on the back window

avalanched2004 said:
I'm new and from the Taunton area.  I am looking to hang out, but time is a premium.  When is the next GTG in the area?

We try to have at least 1 GTG a month, they are almost always on a Sat or Sunday. If you have and ideas for a GTG in your area let us know and we can try to make it happen.

Great, I work in middleboro so I am only on the road for 7 miles in the AM.  I will keep my eye out for you gooch.

Who was in Raynham At the Raynham Flea market today? Got my Avalanche "tagged" with the club flyer. I have been a "member" for a few years now but have not posted or participated since my other Chevy takes up most of my time. I had the Green Av with RI plates.

jacesana said:
Who was in Raynham At the Raynham Flea market today? Got my Avalanche "tagged" with the club flyer. I have been a "member" for a few years now but have not posted or participated since my other Chevy takes up most of my time. I had the Green Av with RI plates.

On the back of the tag it might have a name.

OK. Nice to know. I want to get a little more active in the club. Anyone know if there is a big RI group and who is the contact? I have pretty much a factory 03 but want to get a few options for it. Looking for a brush bar with light guards for it. Think it will look bad ass with it in stainless. The onl thing I put in was my CB and antenna.

jacesana said:
    Yep  ... that would be me...  I looked for ambers or a club sticker before I tagged you..... Well at least I got you to check back in !  lol

jacesana said:
OK. Nice to know. I want to get a little more active in the club. Anyone know if there is a big RI group and who is the contact? I have pretty much a factory 03 but want to get a few options for it. Looking for a brush bar with light guards for it. Think it will look bad ass with it in stainless. The onl thing I put in was my CB and antenna.

RI, MA and RI are one group... The way I see it is there is no quote on quote leader... but I am the Cruise coordinator of NE and can help you with whatever you need. We try to have at least one meet a month and I am trying to put one together for this month.

jacesana said:

Here's what my SS brush guard looks like, so you have an idea.

Attachments

• warwagon_front.jpg
    warwagon_front.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 28
Some Brushguards have mounts or mounting holes, and if not, most aftermarket accessory companies that sell lights have brackets for them.

James.

Back