• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear Door Ajar Warning on DIC

srmjdm

Today when I got in the Avy to come home from work I got the message Right Rear Door Ajar.  Put the avy back in park.. got out to check the door even tho I knew I had not had that door open all week.  Door was shut completely but I opened and shut the door.  Got back in, put avy in reverse, same message on DIC.  Turned avy off, got out, opened and closed all doors, got back in, started, reverse, same message! 

Came home, did a search on the boards here.  Went out unplugged purple (06) on BCM, unplugged connectors on right rear door, reconnected everything, started avy, reverse, still getting Right Rear Door Ajar warning!  Pulled purple plug on BCM, started avy, put it in reverse, still getting message.

If the plug is pulled, should the message still show up?  Any ideas on what to check now and how to fix?

Thanks in advance!
Renee

It's more than likily the mini wedge switch in the door, try taking a screw driver and move it around.

But sooner or later you are going the have to replace it.

This is a common problem with the body control module. Sometimes when you push the wire it works ok because it pushes on the circuit board. Expensive!

Now the power door locks for the rear doors will not lock.  Not with the key fob or the button on the driver's side door.  The rear doors will unlock but not lock.  Anyone have any idea where and what I need to check?  From doing searches on the board, I am going to guess it is going to be the BCM acting up.  Is there a way to check it?  I am assuming to replace the BCM is going to be a dealer only option.  Anyone have any idea how much that's going to cost? 

Thanks!

Renee

Take your door-skin off, unplug the lower connector going to the door latch mechanism, use a test-light between the two wires to check for voltage - but only when the button on your remote is pressed.  If the light flashes momentarily when the auto-lock is activated, you just need a new lock actuator. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IZ4AC6
^That is the one I just replaced on my Right Rear door - similar symptoms.

If the light doesn't flash, my repair manual suggests to check for breaks in the wires near the hinges.  They site that to be a common breakage location. 

There are other possible culprits to your problem before resolving it all the way back to the BCM.

Good luck.

Replaced the 2 lock/unlock relays and now the fob is working. Yay!  Rear doors will now lock and unlock. 

The Right Rear Door message on the DIC is still coming on tho.  So will take your advice and check the lock actuator.  Thanks!

Back