• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

AK Resources

farshot

Hello,

Now that I've looked around at all the amazing posts on the site, I'm feeling like there's so much I want to do/get done to my Avy. I'm curious, what stores/shops do you Alaskan AV'ers recommend in the Anchorage/ER area? Right now I'm focused on these areas:

Shocks: A place to order them from and/or a shop to install them. I'm looking to get Bilsteins when I scrape some dough together, but if theres a local place around here that can meet or beat Summit I'd like to do that.

Tires: I was looking at Fortera's, but I might be changing my mind now that I've seen some reviews. I've been dealing with a shop on Old Seward a couple blocks before you hit Dimond, they seem to be pretty good and honest.

Many thansk in advance :notworthy: for the help you guys give me.

I wish I could help you better but I do all 98% my own work... I buy parts from allot of places

Napa
car quest
fats auto- new fav
muffler city- hit and miss on deals
E-bay- love the deal
Shmucks/ O-Rylie-  cheep garbage

Shipping is a killer from summit and the like. You can usually  set up a cash account at the parts stores in town and save a buck.

If I can help at all , let me know. just did the shock/tire thing  3 weeks ago

funny thing, locked up the driverside rear shock in a pothole at toys r us, so was getting ready to order new ranchos from shucks when I saw Sears was running add for same shocks installed for the price it was off the shelf! new rancho's all the way around (y)

Back